Should a Coach

Should a coach sign off on a kid who doesn't want to be in his program? I understand a Headcoach who doesn't win is in the possibility of having to look for a job elsewhere. I understand most part is because of having to take the L to a program that has recruited that kid to be there but I also understand a kid who could possibly be a right of way contributor to another program more so then coming off the bench because the talent ahead is just better and he simply just wont play. 

Would you not to keep your job or just because you dont want the kid to be able to play elsewhere. The kid may not have a chance to play there when it's possible some sort of free education that he may aquire on the other side of town. As a coach that's the GOAL is to help your player to further his education  if possible.

23 hours ago, expirate20 said:

If the kid moves for athletic purposes, he should not.  If the child moves for any other reasons, he should sign off and let the kid play somewhere else!

Agree with this - I think it's an ethics issue - if the coach believes for any reason that the kid is moving for athletics he should check that box and let the new district or school investigate and make their own decision - unfortunately I have seen too many times when there is more than enough evidence that the move is for athletic reasons the new district still just signs off on allowing the kid to play -  ESPECIALLY if the kid is playing something other than football!