DCTF/AP Football Rankings - 10/14

WOSgrad

When a team ranked higher than you loses (Austin Westlake), and you get jumped by a lower ranking team (Converse Judson), one can only assume its because West Brook is simply doing just enough to win, and lacks a killer mentality that would allow you to blow teams out, instead of winning by 10. Oh well, these boys are either going to learn to play tougher, or they're going to get beat. Period.

2 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

When a team ranked higher than you loses (Austin Westlake), and you get jumped by a lower ranking team (Converse Judson), one can only assume its because West Brook is simply doing just enough to win, and lacks a killer mentality that would allow you to blow teams out, instead of winning by 10. Oh well, these boys are either going to learn to play tougher, or they're going to get beat. Period.

SETX gets no love... 

3 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Channelview should’ve got beat by 40. Dont be surprised when WB loses to NS they will drop them out of the rankings completely 

12 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

So winning isn't enough anymore? Now you have to blow out an embarrass your opponent. Smdh... That ranking doesn't win them any games.

13 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

7 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

So winning isn't enough anymore? Now you have to blow out an embarrass your opponent. Smdh... That ranking doesn't win them any games.

If the Bruins can go D2 in the playoffs, then they will have the chance to show people once again that those rankings don't mean anything...

1 hour ago, Yeoj said:

Joey, the point is that they're not playing to their potential. If you're satisfied with doing just enough to win, well that's on you, that's your opinion,  and you're entitled to it. Personally, I think the kids aren't playing up to their potential. They should be blowing out opposing teams. They got jumped in the rankings because everyone around them IS blowing out their opponents. Yes, I'm happy they're still finding ways to win, but its disappointing because they're not playing as good as they can play. And yes, I know ranking dont mean anything, but its disappointing to see them not move up when they could have. Like I always have, I dont sugar coat it, and I call it like I see it. And I'm usually correct. 

1 hour ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Joey, the point is that they're not playing to their potential. If you're satisfied with doing just enough to win, well that's on you, that's your opinion,  and you're entitled to it. Personally, I think the kids aren't playing up to their potential. They should be blowing out opposing teams. They got jumped in the rankings because everyone around them IS blowing out their opponents. Yes, I'm happy they're still finding ways to win, but its disappointing because they're not playing as good as they can play. And yes, I know ranking dont mean anything, but its disappointing to see them not move up when they could have. Like I always have, I dont sugar coat it, and I call it like I see it. And I'm usually correct. 

Yes, but just to be clear, you're  outlook on last years team at this point in the season mirrors this years outlook and you see hiw that turned out.  Get the win and move on and keep improving.  When I look at WB games, I know their weaknesses and I see if they are improving on it every game.  Now that we've played them, I'm on board and hope they do well..

2 hours ago, Kowboy98 said:

They are not a top 10 team in the state. I live in Houston and can assure you Cy-Fair would beat the brakes off WB. Just my opinion. I am WB alumni 

Yeah that's your opinion. West Brook would give Cy-Fair all they wanted and then some. And according to all the rankings West Brook is a top 10 team.

West Brook looks fine to me. They're playing schools with 1000-1500 more kids to pull from. Imagine if PNG, Nederland and PAM just combined teams.

And they're winning. It's an accomplishment and they'll look better once they play schools closer to their size in the playoffs.

They're ranked appropriately and if they keep it close to decent against North Shore they won't fall too far in the rankings. NS makes everyone look bad. 

9 hours ago, Kowboy98 said:

Sorry my man. I am a realist. I appreciate your homerism tho 

Homerism? Cause I think West Brook can play with Cy-fair? Cy-falls and the Woodlands played with them and West Brook is better than both those teams offensively. Anybody that knows me, knows I'm always straight when it comes to the Bruins.

2 hours ago, Yeoj said:

Dude, what the hell do you know about truth? You're the same guy that said the Bruin QB needed to play better after posting over 300 yards passing and 4 TDs. lmao @ your cosigning. gtfohwtbs...

Yeah he does need play better. Remind me of who those 300 yard passing games came against? Those teams are below average or poor. Drop that total with 4 tds against NS and then I’ll rest my case. That defense definitely needs to play better. Special teams as well