Lumberton at Livingston

This is the hidden content, please

If anybody can point me at a school with a worse district draw, I'd be glad to hear about it.  Last realignment cutoff numbers for District 11-4A-D1 wasn't very kind to us. 

Bridge City        791

Huffman          1075

LiCk'eM            1009

Livingston    1078.5

Lumberton      1125

Splendora        1145

4 minutes ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

Anywhere good to eat before the game that won’t kill my bank account lol

If you have time, go to Florida's Kitchen off 350 South.... Homestyle food.  Well, not like the food we had at my house, but it's really good.

Patron's in the Brookshire Brother's parking lot for Mexican.  Shrimpboat Manny's is good seafood, but probably a lil pricey. 

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

If you have time, go to Florida's Kitchen off 350 South.... Homestyle food.  Well, not like the food we had at my house, but it's really good.

Patron's in the Brookshire Brother's parking lot for Mexican.  Shrimpboat Manny's is good seafood, but probably a lil pricey. 

Everything here, just beat me to it

26 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

If anybody can point me at a school with a worse district draw, I'd be glad to hear about it.  Last realignment cutoff numbers for District 11-4A-D1 wasn't very kind to us. 

Bridge City        791

Huffman          1075

LiCk'eM            1009

Livingston    1078.5

Lumberton      1125

Splendora        1145

Welcome to our life in 5A

I've seen both, Lumberton and Livingston play this year.  Very impressed with how much Livingston has improved since last season.  Also, impressed with Lumberton and their version of the slot-t.  I see Lumberton winning this game buy a couple of TD's.    

RaiderGirl,

I'm a big Tony Romo fan as well so I'm going to miss seeing your avatar.

😂🤣😁👌

Physical Atmosphere had this response to my earlier post.  Did I make an incorrect statement or something?  Not sure what he is trying to say.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Thanks. We will give one of those a try. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Okay thanks! Get off work at 3 probably hitting the road not long after so we can eat before the game 

1 hour ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

I just didn't know that Lumberton had their own version of the Slot-T I thought it was passed from Vidor to Crueder, Crueder to Crueder then Crueder to Lumberton. That's all, no big deal ! Good Luck to the Raiders. ✌️

The  only possible incorrect statement you may have made is " I'm a big Tony Romo fan" .

Technically Aaron coached in vidor as well, so it wasn’t passed from Credeur to Credeur.

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Bridge City        791

Huffman          1075

LiCk'eM            1009

Livingston    1078.5

Lumberton      1125

Splendora        1145

I'm curious what the #s will look like for these 6 schools this year.  Lumberton has increased by about 100 and will likely be back in 5A.  How about the others?

BTW, cry me a river.  Lumberton will be back to playing schools with 1800+ kids.   BC with 791 playing schools with 1100 is not bad at all.

19 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Bridge City        791

Huffman          1075

LiCk'eM            1009

Livingston    1078.5

Lumberton      1125

Splendora        1145

Let’s be honest. Numbers mean nothing. A strong small EC or Newton team could easily beat people in 4a or 5a. Loving the excuses though. Typical 

4 minutes ago, Raider27 said:

Let’s be honest. Numbers mean nothing. A strong small EC or Newton team could easily beat people in 4a or 5a. Loving the excuses though. Typical 

Whoa whoa whoaaa......Who could EC or Newton beat in 5a consistently? What district could they join and have consistent success? Im sure the coaches at both of those schools wouldnt mind being in 5a and keeping the same numbers they have, right? 

9 minutes ago, Raider27 said:

Numbers do mean a lot, you're citing exceptions to the rule. They don't mean everything, but they have the A system for a reason 

18 hours ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

I just didn't know that Lumberton had their own version of the Slot-T I thought it was passed from Vidor to Crueder, Crueder to Crueder then Crueder to Lumberton. That's all, no big deal ! Good Luck to the Raiders. ✌️

The  only possible incorrect statement you may have made is " I'm a big Tony Romo fan" .

Maybe I shouldn't have said, "their own version".  I just meant that each coach has a little something different when they run the slot-t.  Some slot-t teams are based around the power (234/236) while some slot-t coaches prefer to base their offense off of the buck sweeps.(328/ 349, 8 hole-reverse)  Some slot-t coaches come to the line and make checks based on the defense. (usually trap checks)  One thing I noticed about Lumberton that is different from other schools is they get out of the huddle and to the line in a hurry.  They snap the ball before defenses can get lined up.  I've seen most of the area schools that run the slot-t and they all have had success with "their own versions".

As far a being a Romo fan, I can't change that.  Thought he was a very good QB.  Just wish the COWBOYS could have had a few decent defenses during his time.  He takes a lot of crap about not winning "big games", but in most of those "big games" he would put the COWBOYS in a position to win just to have the defense lose the lead.  

4 hours ago, Raider27 said:

Give me a break.... Those teams can beat SOME teams in 4A and 5A.  In some years.  

Newton wouldn't have a single ring if they played in 4a D1.  That's a fact. But yes, they can beat up on a lot of mediocre 4A teams like ours in a lot of years. 

Lumberton would have had more success if they weren't always the small fish in the local 5A District.  

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Give me a break.... Those teams can beat SOME teams in 4A and 5A.  In some years.  

Newton wouldn't have a single ring if they played in 4a D1.  That's a fact. But yes, they can beat up on a lot of mediocre 4A teams like ours in a lot of years. 

Lumberton would have had more success if they weren't always the small fish in the local 5A District.  

I can agree with that. 

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Football or baseball?