Lumberton at Livingston

Pink Out game in Livingston. Both teams are coming off loses and didn't perform as well as expected.

Who ya got?

I'm on record saying Livingston is going to win 2 district games, and this one being at home, I'd have to take the Lions here. But they would have to execute much better than last week and show some awareness of where the ball is. Splendora put the ball on the ground at least 7 times and only got it once is not going to cut it.

26-24 Livingston.

42 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Lumberton should beat Livingston, because they are about the same caliber as Kirbyville and Evadale. The bad news for the Raiders is that they play on the road in one of the worst stadiums in the state of Texas and they have a horrible defense and way too many turnovers on offense

Is the bolded content in reference to Livingston or Lumberton?

3 hours ago, spidersal said:

Sorry that An honest opinion upset you I would not call giving up 59 points the last 2 games By the soft Raiders good defense and Livingston has been bad for several years

It’s not an honest opinion. You said, “Lumberton should beat Livingston, because they are about the same caliber as Kirbyville and Evadale.” 
I don’t disagree.

Then you say, “The bad news for the Raiders is that they play on the road in one of the worst stadiums in the state of Texas...” once again, I don’t disagree, but it’s irrelevant at best.

Finally, you finish with, “and they have a horrible defense and way too many turnovers on offense.” Now you’ve already conceded that Lumberton is gonna win in the same fashion as their Evadale and Kirbyville - complete blowouts. So the part about their defense and offense is either just a way to dig at the kids on the team or you’re just really really bad at making a cohesive argument. Probably both. 
I’m gonna call you Richard from now on.

Think about it SmashMouth. Evadale is a 2A club and Kirbyville is one of the weakest 3A teams in the state this year. The Raiders should have blown them out. Now you play Silsbee, which is having problems as of now and Huffman, who has a decent team and 59 points are given up. As far as the players, I think they try, however there just isn’t much talent and if you look at the history of Lumberton football, there are not many winning seasons. Again, looking at the last 2 games, I would say their defense is weak

38 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Think about it SmashMouth. Evadale is a 2A club and Kirbyville is one of the weakest 3A teams in the state this year. The Raiders should have blown them out. Now you play Silsbee, which is having problems as of now and Huffman, who has a decent team and 59 points are given up. As far as the players, I think they try, however there just isn’t much talent and if you look at the history of Lumberton football, there are not many winning seasons. Again, looking at the last 2 games, I would say their defense is weak

Thanks for your insight Richard...

42 minutes ago, spidersal said:

The Raiders did blow both Evadale and Kirbyville out. The Kirbyville game was I believe 56-7 late in the 3rd when a bad injury to a Kirbyville player resulted in the game not being finished. Facts matter... Lumberton defense held Silsbee in check for the better part of 3 quarters. In the end Silsbee was too talented and made more plays. Also your "Kirbyville is one of the weakest teams in the state" comment is asinine. They just won a district game on Friday night, and played with an undefeated Orangefield team for a half before running out of gas because most of their kids play both ways. 

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

Think about it SmashMouth. Evadale is a 2A club and Kirbyville is one of the weakest 3A teams in the state this year. 1. The Raiders should have blown them out. 2. Now you play Silsbee, which is having problems as of now and Huffman, who has a decent team and 59 points are given up. As far as the players, I think they try, however there just isn’t much talent and if you look at the history of Lumberton football, there are not many winning seasons. Again, looking at the last 2 games, I would say their defense is weak

Just because I can sense the ignorance and lack of education on your part, I will give you an explanation of your ill-fated post. The topic is Lumberton at Livingston, not An ignorant rant on why Spidersal doesn't like Lumberton.

1. They did...

2. If you're trying draw a comparison on scoring/giving up points vs. having talent or a good offense or defense, consider this:

Newton - a multiple repeating state champion with a chance to repeat again this year - got shutout by Gilmer. Is there offense weak?

Newton - a multiple repeating state champion with a chance to repeat again this year  - let Silsbee, who in your words, "is having problems", put 21 points on them. They let Legacy School of Sport Sciences, who has a 2-3 record, put 27 on them. 48 points between those 2 games. Is their defense weak?

If you want to bash the Raiders (who you picked to win, by the way), start a new thread that's relevant to your campaign against 1 team apparently... But mostly, don't come on here speaking negatively of the actual players - the kids - even if in general terms. You don't know their talents, their heart, their character or anything else about them.

That's your lesson for today, Richard.

30 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Just because I can sense the ignorance and lack of education on your part, I will give you an explanation of your ill-fated post. The topic is Lumberton at Livingston, not An ignorant rant on why Spidersal doesn't like Lumberton.

1. They did...

2. If you're trying draw a comparison on scoring/giving up points vs. having talent or a good offense or defense, consider this:

Newton - a multiple repeating state champion with a chance to repeat again this year - got shutout by Gilmer. Is there offense weak?

Newton - a multiple repeating state champion with a chance to repeat again this year  - let Silsbee, who in your words, "is having problems", put 21 points on them. They let Legacy School of Sport Sciences, who has a 2-3 record, put 27 on them. 48 points between those 2 games. Is their defense weak?

If you want to bash the Raiders (who you picked to win, by the way), start a new thread that's relevant to your campaign against 1 team apparently... But mostly, don't come on here speaking negatively of the actual players - the kids - even if in general terms. You don't know their talents, their heart, their character or anything else about them.

That's your lesson for today, Richard.

I feel like I get just a little bit dumber every time I read one of spidersal's post.  My hope is that it is a middle school kid playing on the computer but I'm afraid it's a young adult who did a few too many drugs while his/her brain was still developing.  It's kind of sad really.

The stadium is not to bad. It's an antique, but it's been maintained, is clean and they made updates to the bathrooms and concessions, which are nice.

It's the parking that's bad. It's smack dab in downtown with no big lots nearby. But they have basically saved visitor parking next to the stadium for y'all so there's that. 

Hit a local happy hour, and enjoy some East Texas hospitality.

36 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

The stadium is not to bad. It's an antique, but it's been maintained, is clean and they made updates to the bathrooms and concessions, which are nice.

It's the parking that's bad. It's smack dab in downtown with no big lots nearby. But they have basically saved visitor parking next to the stadium for y'all so there's that. 

Hit a local happy hour, and enjoy some East Texas hospitality.

Happy Hour's not for him. Richard likes his mother's milk. As do many...

I never said that I did not like Lumberton. I would like to see them win every game. I simply said that their defense is not very good.  If you would observe from the stands you would understand this.  Do you think newton had back ups in in the 2 games your talking about and yes silsbee is struggling as of now. i am  beginning to realize that your football knowledge is weak

2 hours ago, spidersal said:

I never said that I did not like Lumberton. I would like to see them win every game. I simply said that their defense is not very good.  If you would observe from the stands you would understand this.  Do you think newton had back ups in in the 2 games your talking about and yes silsbee is struggling as of now. i am  beginning to realize that your football knowledge is weak

Do you think Lumberton had back-ups in the games you're talking about? On the big wins, they had 2's and the few 3's in the game. On the losses, they had lots of back-ups in due to injuries at many positions including QB & LB. Weak arguments Richard. And you could care less about seeing Lumberton win every game. If so, you would offer suggestions or support instead of baseless, factless, biased negativity.