United @ Channelview

BMTSoulja1

23 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Can we get the much needed win to stay in playoff contention?

To me, like I've told you, it depends on QB play where we seem to be regressing.  If the QB lets the ball go, trust his receivers and plays like we know he can, then the offense will go because teams can't stack the box to stop the run.  If the passing game is the same one for the last 4 games, same final result as the last 2 games.  He seems to be trusting his legs more than his arm...until Friday where he snaps back, does what he needs to and we leave Channelview with a W.

2 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

To me, like I've told you, it depends on QB play where we seem to be regressing.  If the QB lets the ball go, trust his receivers and plays like we know he can, then the offense will go because teams can't stack the box to stop the run.  If the passing game is the same one for the last 4 games, same final result as the last 2 games.  He seems to be trusting his legs more than his arm...until Friday where he snaps back, does what he needs to and we leave Channelview with a W.

Did United make a offensive coordinator change after going 4-0 ? 

13 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Well, this game is one that BU could, and can, win. But, another loss for United pretty much eliminates them from playoff contention, and helps Channelview, in the process. Also, it helps make sure that West Brook goes D2.

So there is no secret on who you will be pulling for 😀

17 hours ago, JustUs said:

Did United make a offensive coordinator change after going 4-0 ? 

You see the sputtering started after the bye starting in the Sterling game.  

But it's to the point now where players aren't making plays. Coaches cant make a player catch wide open passes or make the passer make smart decisions with the football/throw accurately during game time. 

I did a little research on Channelview.  If we can sustain drives and at least stay with good field position, we'll be in a great position to win.  Lord knows we need this one and we have the talent to do it.   Let's see if we have staff and players serious about this week and lay it all on the line. 

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You see the sputtering started after the bye starting in the Sterling game.  

But it's to the point now where players aren't making plays. Coaches cant make a player catch wide open passes or make the passer make smart decisions with the football/throw accurately during game time. 

I know our top 2 receiving targets are you might as well say out.  One got hurt in the Sterling game and I don't know if and when at all he will return and the other got hurt in the PA game but has still been on the field but ineffective in my opinion due to the type of injury he is trying to play through.  These 2 injuries have had a tremendous affect on the passing game being able to stretch the defense.  I do believe we have other capable targets, maybe not as big and fast as the two previously mentioned but we got to give them a chance to make plays.  If we can get that going, that will open up the run game for #28, #32, #37 and #5 and we will win the next 3 of 4 games.  Don't get the passing game going and it will be basketball season for us by October 25th...  

I did a little research on Channelview.  If we can sustain drives and at least stay with good field position, we'll be in a great position to win.  Lord knows we need this one and we have the talent to do it.   Let's see if we have staff and players serious about this week and lay it all on the line

Schools back in session, they'll get it done this week...

1 minute ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I know our top 2 receiving targets are you might as well say out.  One got hurt in the Sterling game and I don't know if and when at all he will return and the other got hurt in the PA game but has still been on the field but ineffective in my opinion due to the type of injury he is trying to play through.  These 2 injuries have had a tremendous affect on the passing game being able to stretch the defense.  I do believe we have other capable targets, maybe not as big and fast as the two previously mentioned but we got to give them a chance to make plays.  If we can get that going, that will open up the run game for #28, #32, #37 and #5 and we will win the next 3 of 4 games.  Don't get the passing game going and it will be basketball season for us by October 25th...  

Man I hoping so. Bcz I wanna see BU in the playoffs.for the mere fact that getting a taste of the playoffs and the experience of been there I think will go a long way with the up and coming classes.gives them something to thrive for.imo I think it goes far with the local teams that make it in every year like  newton,WB,Nederland,png,w.o,silsbee,PAM.me personally I would luv to see all the local schools get that chance.

18 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I'd love to let them  get #11 in and see what that kid can do... 👏🏿👏🏿😎😎

55 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

You won't  need your two top receivers against them. Just run it down their throat like West Brook did and BU will be ok. This game will be all on the coaches. Run the ROCK DRE BEVIL 

36 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

The only way for BU to win this game is you have to play your best athlete both ways cause the kid is a game changer and I'm talking about Chandler Rivers at reciever whether it be the slot or out wide  or the season is over Friday Night with a few games left....

Look, I've been high on that kid all year,  but he dropped an open pass last Friday vs. King.  I know what he can do on defense.  He's a dog there.  Leave him on defense (and special teams).  My opinion.  We have kids that can catch the passes on offense.

2 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

The only way for BU to win this game is you have to play your best athlete both ways cause the kid is a game changer and I'm talking about Chandler Rivers at reciever whether it be the slot or out wide  or the season is over Friday Night with a few games left....

Look, I've been high on that kid all year,  but he dropped an open pass last Friday vs. King.  I know what he can do on defense.  He's a dog there.  Leave him on defense (and special teams).  My opinion.  We have kids that can catch the passes on offense.

He will get his time on offense but it won’t be this year.  He is not needed on that side of the ball, plenty of receivers.  It wouldn’t matter if he was on offense if the QB isn’t letting the ball go.  

I agree with you Soulja on him being a dawg on defense.  With Channelview throwing the ball more than King, and the other major adjustment the defense has made, he will have the chance to make some plays Friday night.  I love the way he knows how to help out in run support against bigger RB’s while protecting himself.

It was a good day of practice today with lots of energy.  Something we hadn’t seen while the kids were out of school for 25 days.  

Timberwolves 45

Falcons 21