Vidor Pirates vs BH Eagles

Boneyard Boys

3 hours ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

I hope to see a good game too. I watched a lot of Barbers Hill video this week and they look pretty dang sharp.

Maybe we’ll find out truth is really stranger than fiction.  😂😂😂

Even Ted Williams, in his lifetime, made an out 6.5 times out of 10.

2 hours ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

It's going to come down to our offensive play which is what worries me about this game. Too many penalties leading to unmanageable third down situations among various other things. IMO We should have ditched the Slot-T whenever the new rules on cut blocking were introduced last year. We relied so heavily on those cut blocks and now we are being penalized for them.

I wasn’t aware that there was a change in the rule. It’s always been a chop block when Two blockers from the same team go low and high on the person they’re trying to block. So are you saying one blocker can’t do a cut block no more even though the  blocker was lined up behind or inside the Tackle be for the ball is snapped?

4 hours ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

It's going to come down to our offensive play which is what worries me about this game. Too many penalties leading to unmanageable third down situations among various other things. IMO We should have ditched the Slot-T whenever the new rules on cut blocking were introduced last year. We relied so heavily on those cut blocks and now we are being penalized for them.

BH has a pretty good Defense, so if Vidor struggles on Offense they will be in trouble early. On the other hand Vidors D seems to be clicking too, but I think BH will be dynamic enough to find a weakness to exploit. 

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

7 hours and 33minutes till kick off , but who counting :). Ready to come out to Vidor and see a good football game or a blow out by the Eagles, either will due :)

Well hopefully the Pirates can be the League Villains tonight an send the birds back with a Loss! I know the kids are jacked up for the challenge! Go Pirates!

After seeing Bh last week, I think they are a balanced, complete team with a good defense and a huge runningback. Caveats: (1) I don’t know that they’ve been challenged much since week 1, which allows you to hide weaknesses and, even if the weaknesses aren’t there, can affect you mentally. Vidor can shock Bh out of their normal system just by making the game difficult, like they did against PNG. Nederland is good at that kind of disruption. We’ve all seen it before. (2) I don’t think the QB or the receivers are very good. I’m not an expert, by any stretch, but there were passes he should have made that he didn’t, and the receivers, if I remember right, only caught the easy passes and didn’t catch even all of them. Wind may have been a factor, like it was for everyone. I think BH takes it, unless they are not as strong as they have looked. All of my criticism aside, Bh dominated Lee at every level. Also, Bh has the best home side in the area, with nice fold out seats (I know the game is in Vidor, just saying the Bh stadium was a good place to visit), and the BH band sounds amazing. Good luck to both sides. Is this Vidor homecoming? 

4 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

After seeing Bh last week, I think they are a balanced, complete team with a good defense and a huge runningback. Caveats: (1) I don’t know that they’ve been challenged much since week 1, which allows you to hide weaknesses and, even if the weaknesses aren’t there, can affect you mentally. Vidor can shock Bh out of their normal system just by making the game difficult, like they did against PNG. Nederland is good at that kind of disruption. We’ve all seen it before. (2) I don’t think the QB or the receivers are very good. I’m not an expert, by any stretch, but there were passes he should have made that he didn’t, and the receivers, if I remember right, only caught the easy passes and didn’t catch even all of them. Wind may have been a factor, like it was for everyone. I think BH takes it, unless they are not as strong as they have looked. All of my criticism aside, Bh dominated Lee at every level. Also, Bh has the best home side in the area, with nice fold out seats (I know the game is in Vidor, just saying the Bh stadium was a good place to visit), and the BH band sounds amazing. Good luck to both sides. Is this Vidor homecoming? 

Whose QB and WRs aren’t good?

6 minutes ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

Note to Vidor announcer : Its Vidor high School not Viduh high skew ! I have been wanting to say that for years `😀

Pirate offense needs to help that defense out a little. Go Pirates

Oh lord then that means he will probably call us Barber Hilz