Vidor Pirates vs BH Eagles

Boneyard Boys

The Hill travels to a revamped Pirate stadium to face a stingy Vidor defense. Can the Pirates get their offense moving, can the Eagles keep their offense rolling?

BH is on a 5 game tear after an opening loss to Magnolia and sitting alone atop the district at 3-0.

Vidor is coming off a couple of low scoring defensive battles after a big win at Crosby to put them at 2-1 in a crowded tie for second place in district play.

Ok starting this early, me  likey :) . BH starts a three game series now and is where the district title will go through. Vidor, Crosby then PNG!  First is Vidor at home. BH this year is a well balanced team and the best that has taken the field in quite some time. The Line play has been outstanding this year and is what will keep BH on the field with most teams. BH D is next in line for what has made them successful they are relentless and don’t tire nor quit till the whistle. Special teams have also been great with several blocked punts this year and low return yards from the opposing team. BH offense is getting harder to defend, they rotate 4 backs and all are physical runners. BH receiving core is getting better as well with 3 solid receivers and a TE that can get that YAC! BH QB is big, strong, agile and can throw. DC for other teams are going to have fun with The Hill this year. Keys against Vidor is to not pull a Crosby and play solid Defense meaning do more than stack the box! Offense stay dynamic and keep Vidor guessing. BH by 14 IMO, but this game should give BH a better understanding af where they sit in district!

BH is highly favored in this game as they deserve to be. Sounds like they are clicking on all cylinders. I agree with a lot that has already been said. Vidor will have to play some clean football. Physical Atmosphere post above is pretty much it in a nut shell. I might add Vidors long sustained drives need to produce some points. Vidors defense has played some good football this year. Keep it up!  I believe Vidor will also need to win the turnover battle. Big shout out to Vidors kicker. He started the season out a little shaky but has really come on strong and made some good field goals. Great Job Kid! One thing I can guarantee you is that BH marching band will not lose any shoes in the mud on our field this year!😁 Hoping for a good competitive injury free game. Go Pirates!

Looking forward to seeing the new digs at vidor I know you guys  must be happy with the new field. BH knows Vidor will come to play and not to be overlooked! Should be a physical low scoring game, both teams have to play mistake free with no turnovers.

6 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Looking forward to seeing the new digs at vidor I know you guys  must be happy with the new field. BH knows Vidor will come to play and not to be overlooked! Should be a physical low scoring game, both teams have to play mistake free with no turnovers.

Yea the Turf Company did a great job on the field. I know the kiddos like it! Chin straps will definitely need to be tightened for this game!

BH looks good so far this year on O and D as well as lights out on special teams. The only thing I see that BH needs to have cleaned up before Vidor is to be consistent on offense. Most series BH look good, but some series they look out of sync. Vidor has always been a tough team no matter their talent level. You have to stay on their throats ( no mean intentions, LOL) and stay on it because Vidor will play hard till the final whistle. I do think BH pulls this one out.

16 minutes ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

The matchup I'm interested in seeing is Vidors' defensive line against BHs' offensive line. It should be interestng and I think these two teams  scores against Montgomery may prove to be a deceiving measuring stick !

You may be right. Vidor had a few misalignments in that game that cost them some scores. The defensive switch to 3 down linemen and 4 linebackers this year has really benefited Vidor. I credit the defense for buying into it an getting more efficient with the defense every week.

28 minutes ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

The matchup I'm interested in seeing is Vidors' defensive line against BHs' offensive line. It should be interestng and I think these two teams  scores against Montgomery may prove to be a deceiving measuring stick !

Yeah no idea how Vidor got beat by Montgomery then the very next week BH blows them out. BH had some big mismatch’s in the Montgomery game and dropped 600 yards of offense on them.  That was then though and both teams have evolved since then. BH has focused more on the run since that game incorporating more QB designed runs as well. With this they manage the clock a little better. The Defense has also become more aggressive instead of applying the bend but don’t break type of D, they get after you more keeping your QB moving.

Last but not least whoever is playing on the D line across from BH’s 6’ 8” 330 lbs Collier better eat their Wheaties Friday morning! That man child is wearing kids out!

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

Yeah no idea how Vidor got beat by Montgomery then the very next week BH blows them out. BH had some big mismatch’s in the Montgomery game and dropped 600 yards of offense on them.  That was then though and both teams have evolved since then. BH has focused more on the run since that game incorporating more QB designed runs as well. With this they manage the clock a little better. The Defense has also become more aggressive instead of applying the bend but don’t break type of D, they get after you more keeping your QB moving.

Last but not least whoever is playing on the D line across from BH’s 6’ 8” 330 lbs Collier better eat their Wheaties Friday morning! That man child is wearing kids out!

We just won’t put anybody across from him then 😉

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

I might eat my words but large D linemen seem to have trouble with Vidor's misdirection.  Honestly,  the blocks last one second. 

19 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

Love my pirates but will take a near perfect game to take out The Hill.

One thing I know is no team in unbeatable.  I think BH should be the favorite as well , but a stumble here and there for the Eagles combined with Vidors clock control can turn the tables quickly. 

7 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

The Hill travels to a revamped Pirate stadium to face a stingy Vidor defense. Can the Pirates get their offense moving, can the Eagles keep their offense rolling?

BH is on a 5 game tear after an opening loss to Magnolia and sitting alone atop the district at 3-0.

Vidor is coming off a couple of low scoring defensive battles after a big win at Crosby to put them at 2-1 in a crowded tie for second place in district play.

Vidor needs to thank BH for the new carpet.

Dude I promise you BH had nothing to do with Vidor getting new carpet. It had to do with the incompetence of the head grounds keeper who failed miserably at taking over the field from a gentleman who use to maintain the field for at least 20 years are so. A real grass field maintained properly can survive a high school football season. Can’t remember the gentleman’s name but he did a great job. He also did all the field graphics by hand. Also big thanks to the private donors and the taxpayers.😁

6 minutes ago, Realville said:

Dude I promise you BH had nothing to do with Vidor getting new carpet. It had to do with the incompetence of the head grounds keeper who failed miserably at taking over the field from a gentleman who use to maintain the field for at least 20 years are so. A real grass field maintained properly can survive a high school football season. Can’t remember the gentleman’s name but he did a great job. He also did all the field graphics by hand. Also big thanks to the private donors and the taxpayers.😁

Did y'all hire NED ground crew?

2 hours ago, Realville said:

It was overdue anyway

Vidor has had little success against BH.   Their DC, like Santa Fe’s, has gotten defending the Slot T down pat.  I’m afraid BH will have to have a really miserable night (like PNG did against Crosby) for the Pirates to win.  But poo does happen.

6’8” at 330lbs - how can they afford to feed him?  😂😂

5 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Vidor has had little success against BH.   Their DC, like Santa Fe’s, has gotten defending the Slot T down pat.  I’m afraid BH will have to have a really miserable night (like PNG did against Crosby) for the Pirates to win.  But poo does happen.

6’8” at 330lbs - how can they afford to feed him?  😂😂

His sister is Charlie and she is 6’ 4”. Playing for UT now. Seeing kids that big always blows my mind. Behind all of that size they are just still 17 a kid!

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

His sister is Charlie and she is 6’ 4”. Playing for UT now. Seeing kids that big always blows my mind. Behind all of that size they are just still 17 a kid!

Mind was only 6’2” 230, and  could eat a cow with 2 baked potatoes and a salad.  Stop at McDonalds - Mc DLT, Big Mac, an Dbl Qtr Pounder W/cheese, & large fries.  Our food bill crashed when he went in the Marine Corp.  😂😂😂

We game if the week folks! Gotta keep this on page 1. I gotta tell ya it’s weird being the team with a target on it. Still have a lot of football to go, hope none of the talk about being a potential DC gets us unfocused. On game at a time Eagles you got to earn it!