Silsbee Tigers basketball

On 10/14/2019 at 1:36 PM, Tigers94 said:

Looks like Silsbee is gonna take a few on the chin early on.

November 22 could be the first home loss in a very long time.

I've experienced a fair share of lean Silsbee basketball seasons.  Back in the day it seemed like winning it all was the impossible dream.  Now there is hope.

It happened twice. Silsbee won back to back state championships.   That means it can happen again.

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

I've experienced a fair share of lean Silsbee basketball seasons.  Back in the day it seemed like winning it all was the impossible dream.  Now there is hope.

It happened twice. Silsbee won back to back state championships.   That means it can happen again.

It certainly does and from what I was told by a person of knowledge there 8th grade team has the best shot combined with the Freshman class from this year to be more special than any of the other classes in BBall and Football 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 1:36 PM, Tigers94 said:

Looks like Silsbee is gonna take a few on the chin early on.

November 22 could be the first home loss in a very long time.

Being that most of those games are going to be at home, I think we will be in every one of those games and may pull of an upset or 2.  I remember when Central came to Tigers Den a few years back and they were loaded and they took one on the chin.  Don't underestimate B. Bush and the Tigers.  

1 hour ago, 409ANALYST said:

Being that most of those games are going to be at home, I think we will be in every one of those games and may pull of an upset or 2.  I remember when Central came to Tigers Den a few years back and they were loaded and they took one on the chin.  Don't underestimate B. Bush and the Tigers.  

🙄

22 hours ago, 409ANALYST said:

I think we might can take Nederland and West Brook.

Memorial and United are very likely a not gonna happen. Not unless Silsbee shoots a crazy high percentage from 3 point land.

It doesn't' matter though. We'll be able to mix it up with almost anybody soon after this year.

2 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

I think we might can take Nederland and West Brook.

Memorial and United are very likely a not gonna happen. Not unless Silsbee shoots a crazy high percentage from 3 point land.

It doesn't' matter though. We'll be able to mix it up with almost anybody soon after this year.

West Brook is a real mystery at this point.  They do lose a good PG and a 6'9" kid that was a 3 year starter,  but they do return a 6'7" kid than can rebound and play defense as well.  This alone  may cause Silsbee major issues, factored in with a legend coaching them...