Sheldon C.E. King 30 Beaumont United 13/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Let me guess: Vaughn didn't go off running like he did against WB and that tiny Kang RB went off tonight, am i close?

Pretty much.  The defense kept him bottled up from the time King scored their second TD until they scored in the 3rd.  You can't keep leaving our defense on the field, eventually they will start to give.  Offense is just inept at this point.  Passing game has regressed and until that's fixed, teams will just stack the box.  Soulja will give his post game analysis with more detail...

3 hours ago, Beaumont isd said:

The Ce King offense came out red hot scoring on to Consecutive drive. United fell to respond until late second quarter. Driving down the field with the closing second of the half Daniel Mulonda #16 takes the life out of United with an interception to end that drive. 

Na, West Brook took the life out of them last week...and doesn't look like anyone has started CPR.

This Game Was just ugly from the jump.  Defense actually played well, but ended up giving later on in this game having to stay on the field so long.

Offense stunk up the place, like really bad.  We're too predictable and too easy to game plan for.  This is not just on coaching (although coaching was a major part), it was also on the kids.  You Cannot expect to win when the QB throws 2 interceptions and your total passing attempts were 4 and you completed NON.  You CANNOT overthrow a 15 yard WIDE OPEN PASS that had paydirt written all over it. You CANNOT have WR's dropping wide open TD passes. You cannot line up, point to where the blitz is coming from, then continue to run the play the SAME DIRECTION. On special teams, King kicked onside kicks the whole game and recovered on of them.  You cannot allow that in a huge district game. Might've been like 6 turnovers.

This is the second week in a row where I yelled 'It ain't working.  Time to try something else'.  We ran the SAME thing we ran against WB as we did against King with the exact same results.  We popped a few run plays, but everything else was stale.  

This was the kicker though...We drive to King's 2 yard line and come away with NO POINTS.  I really just checked out at this point. I look at the sidelines, I see confusion on the face of coaches and kids. This might've been the worse display of HS offense I've ever seen and the defense got punished for it. At this point, I just don't know what you can do.  It's obvious that the HC will not take over offensive playcalling, but if he did, would it be an upgrade? It's obvious that we will stay on page 1 of the playbook.  It's obvious that we will do plays that actually work ONE time and never go to it again. I just don't know.

We'll take a beating to NS, but at this point, I don't even know if we have a punchers chance against LaPorte, Channelview, or Deer Park. We almost are forced to have to beat these guys to make the playoffs. I'm not confident in that at all after what I whitnessed.  

With that being said, King did play a good game and were very well coached with some good looking athletes.  They actually made in game adjustments to improve themselves as the game went on. That's why they were able to score those quick TD's in the 3rd quarter. I can see now how they were able to Give WB everything they wanted and some 2 weeks ago.

Get back in the lab and for goodness sake, let's get that offense some innovation, creativity and consistency.  SMH.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This Game Was just ugly from the jump.  Defense actually played well, but ended up giving later on in this game having to stay on the field so long.

Offense stunk up the place, like really bad.  We're too predictable and too easy to game plan for.  This is not just on coaching (although coaching was a major part), it was also on the kids.  You Cannot expect to win when the QB throws 2 interceptions and your total passing attempts were 4 and you completed NON.  You CANNOT overthrow a 15 yard WIDE OPEN PASS that had paydirt written all over it. You CANNOT have WR's dropping wide open TD passes. You cannot line up, point to where the blitz is coming from, then continue to run the play the SAME DIRECTION. On special teams, King kicked onside kicks the whole game and recovered on of them.  You cannot allow that in a huge district game. Might've been like 6 turnovers.

This is the second week in a row where I yelled 'It ain't working.  Time to try something else'.  We ran the SAME thing we ran against WB as we did against King with the exact same results.  We popped a few run plays, but everything else was stale.  

This was the kicker though...We drive to King's 2 yard line and come away with NO POINTS.  I really just checked out at this point. I look at the sidelines, I see confusion on the face of coaches and kids. This might've been the worse display of HS offense I've ever seen and the defense got punished for it. At this point, I just don't know what you can do.  It's obvious that the HC will not take over offensive playcalling, but if he did, would it be an upgrade? It's obvious that we will stay on page 1 of the playbook.  It's obvious that we will do plays that actually work ONE time and never go to it again. I just don't know.

We'll take a beating to NS, but at this point, I don't even know if we have a punchers chance against LaPorte, Channelview, or Deer Park. We almost are forced to have to beat these guys to make the playoffs. I'm not confident in that at all after what I whitnessed.  

With that being said, King did play a good game and were very well coached with some good looking athletes.  They actually made in game adjustments to improve themselves as the game went on. That's why they were able to score those quick TD's in the 3rd quarter. I can see now how they were able to Give WB everything they wanted and some 2 weeks ago.

Get back in the lab and for goodness sake, let's get that offense some innovation, creativity and consistency.  SMH.

Thanks for that on point analysis. The solution and not the quick fix is inevitable. It starts at the top. Good luck the rest of the season.