Splendora 48 Livingston 15/FINAL

WOSgrad

27-0 Splendora at the half. Had opportunities to get back in this game and didn't execute. Hats of to the wildcats. 

Very disappointed tonight. Still got a half to work on our game and improve for next week. 

Wasn't expecting a win but I did expect a competitive game. 

Splendora to get the ball to start Q3.

40 minutes ago, LC-M said:

How did Splendora look? Were they good as last year?

I don't think they're as good as last year. We left 2, maybe 3 TDs on the field. 

Not saying that if we got those we would have won, but it would have been a much more competitive game. 

I think the Bears would have a good chance against Splendora.

2 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I don't think they're as good as last year. We left 2, maybe 3 TDs on the field. 

Not saying that if we got those we would have won, but it would have been a much more competitive game. 

I think the Bears would have a good chance against Splendora.

We should have beat them last year. We were up by two scores and fumbled several times in the second half to give them the game. 

And who has the other teams in district played?????? 

Splendora Oppenents combined record- 15-15 One team is 1-5 and 3 schools have winning records

LCM Oppenents combined record- 12-17 One team is 0-6 and one team is 1-5 and two schools have winning record 

Huffman Oppenents combined record- 11-25 Two teams are 0-6 and two teams are 1-5 and two schools have winning record

HMMMMMMMM..........

13 hours ago, oldman said:

Splendora is not good .  Benefit from a not so strong schedule.  Baytown Lee dominated them.  Cannot compete with good teams

I think that’s exactly what he’s saying. Let’s use the transitive property of hs football for a minute for a fun little exercise. 

Huffman beats Liberty soundly.

Splendora beats Liberty on a last second FG.

Liberty rolls Livingston. 

Popular opinion on the board says Liberty is not a playoff team. So if you think Splendora is a playoff contender then yes, other than HHHS, the district is weeeeeaaaaaakkkk. 

(Not that I believe a word of that but it was fun to type) 

The kids have nothing to do with the non district schedule. Coaches on both sides want competitive games so they look for qualities that will help them come district and hopefully beyond.

Sometimes you think it's going to be competitive and you're just a little better than you thought you would be and the other teams are not as good as you thought. Two years ago, the Splendora non district schedule looked competitive but they ended up with the best team in their school history.  Their program is on the upswing and I'm happy for them.

The only thing that matters is they won their first district game and they move on towards their goal of making a playoff run. 

43 minutes ago, Liberty1952 said:

I think that’s exactly what he’s saying. Let’s use the transitive property of hs football for a minute for a fun little exercise. 

Huffman beats Liberty soundly.

Splendora beats Liberty on a last second FG.

Liberty rolls Livingston. 

Popular opinion on the board says Liberty is not a playoff team. So if you think Splendora is a playoff contender then yes, other than HHHS, the district is weeeeeaaaaaakkkk. 

(Not that I believe a word of that but it was fun to type) 

The following property: If a = b and b = c, then a = c.

weak = weak and weak = weak then weak = weak 

49 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

The kids have nothing to do with the non district schedule. Coaches on both sides want competitive games so they look for qualities that will help them come district and hopefully beyond.

Sometimes you think it's going to be competitive and you're just a little better than you thought you would be and the other teams are not as good as you thought. Two years ago, the Splendora non district schedule looked competitive but they ended up with the best team in their school history.  Their program is on the upswing and I'm happy for them.

The only thing that matters is they won their first district game and they move on towards their goal of making a playoff run. 

And I thought all along the kids set the schools schedule.   Dang!!!!!!