West Orange-Stark 17 Silsbee 9/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

What was Foster's numbers?  Also, isn't WO-S  ALWAYS the best defensive team on Silsbee's schedule?  Would that be a reason for anyone's subpar performance?

The biggest number, which almost equaled the number of completions, was 3.  And although i will not try to pick a qb,  that number was on him.  I believe all 3 were get the snap and throw it up for grabs as soon as he got it.   There were other instances of that as well and most of the time there was no pressure.  That has to improve.

37 minutes ago, ST413 said:

The biggest number, which almost equaled the number of completions, was 3.  And although i will not try to pick a qb,  that number was on him.  I believe all 3 were get the snap and throw it up for grabs as soon as he got it.   There were other instances of that as well and most of the time there was no pressure.  That has to improve.

Maybe play selection had a lot to do with it?  There aren't very much creativity in the passing game anyway.

We are just stating the obvious how many remember when Silsbee had mr dantre Thomas how many records did he break in 1 season imagine if he’s had started his sophomore season just saying  that maybe mr briscoe is worth a shot just tired of coming up on the short end of the stick with this team Wo-s made the adjustments in the second half but for some reason Silsbee can’t adjust at all it’s the same thing over and over again last year if they would have kept running to the outside against Cuero we would have beaten them also Silsbee was able to throw the ball much better I don’t know what’s happening this year there are other receivers on the field besides Mr Cartwright but they never get them involved for whatever reason.

7 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

We are just stating the obvious how many remember when Silsbee had mr dantre Thomas how many records did he break in 1 season imagine if he’s had started his sophomore season just saying  that maybe mr briscoe is worth a shot just tired of coming up on the short end of the stick with this team Wo-s made the adjustments in the second half but for some reason Silsbee can’t adjust at all it’s the same thing over and over again last year if they would have kept running to the outside against Cuero we would have beaten them also Silsbee was able to throw the ball much better I don’t know what’s happening this year there are other receivers on the field besides Mr Cartwright but they never get them involved for whatever reason.

You just said it.  Silsbee is in the short end of the stick this year.   They were at the same point this year than they were last year. Had they ran different run plays, they would've beat Cuero.  I know, I was there.  This year,  t and ey run different run plays, they beat WO-S is what in gathering.  I mean, Silsbee is a running team, so they'll  live and die by running just like last year...

19 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You just said it.  Silsbee is in the short end of the stick this year.   They were at the same point this year than they were last year. Had they ran different run plays, they would've beat Cuero.  I know, I was there.  This year,  t and ey run different run plays, they beat WO-S is what in gathering.  I mean, Silsbee is a running team, so they'll  live and die by running just like last year...

Yeah, and so with a qb just as accurate or more than the current one that can run better on , what you said, is a running team, maybe that would benefit to have an added layer of a qb that can run.

1 minute ago, Broncos2447 said:

Yeah, and so with a qb just as accurate or more than the current one that can run better on , what you said, is a running team, maybe that would benefit to have an added layer of a qb that can run.

You never answered my question  above....  like 3 times you avoided the question...

7 hours ago, ST413 said:

I am gling to answer this. Its quite simple.  Our qb had a very bad night. But if the coaches felt like they had a better option, that option would be starting. Now maybe it was a mistake to let option b play on jv the night before, since he wasnt available to come in last night.  But then again do you want to throw a new varsity to the wolves that is WOS....

Cant always believe in the coaches either 

I think both of these teams may save their fans some travel money later in year . It is a win in the books. But it wasn't easy to watch.  Missing two games has really hurt the progress. No rhythm on offensive.Defense is scrappy and coming together.   Very questionable play calling  at some crucial times . We have the tools , just gotta use them effectively. I was asking all game , “Why don’t we get outside with the run” and Then dang if we didn’t pitched  it. And it worked great , should have ran it again ,  fake the pitch and throw it . Oh well what do I know. 

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Maybe play selection had a lot to do with it?  There aren't very much creativity in the passing game anyway.

Ur absolutely correct.silsbee is a faster ball club. And I can't understand why everyone talking about replacing the  QB.look at the situation he is put in. Ur calling jump balls and hoping the wr out jump the corner. As talented as all 3 of them backs.why not run more sweeps or just dump the ball off to them in the flat.they catch ball well.i just don't understand there play calling. Jmo ,I think silsbee QB gets some unfair criticism.

1 hour ago, MMstangfan said:

I think both of these teams may save their fans some travel money later in year . It is a win in the books. But it wasn't easy to watch.  Missing two games has really hurt the progress. No rhythm on offensive.Defense is scrappy and coming together.   Very questionable play calling  at some crucial times . We have the tools , just gotta use them effectively. I was asking all game , “Why don’t we get outside with the run” and Then dang if we didn’t pitched  it. And it worked great , should have ran it again ,  fake the pitch and throw it . Oh well what do I know. 

I thought the same thing.

2 hours ago, dj said:

Ur absolutely correct.silsbee is a faster ball club. And I can't understand why everyone talking about replacing the  QB.look at the situation he is put in. Ur calling jump balls and hoping the wr out jump the corner. As talented as all 3 of them backs.why not run more sweeps or just dump the ball off to them in the flat.they catch ball well.i just don't understand there play calling. Jmo ,I think silsbee QB gets some unfair criticism.

I'm glad others share my sentiments on this.. 

Let's make one thing for certain. Foster did not "lead" his team to the semifinals last year. He may have been the QB, but was not the leader.

Foster's numbers last night:

4-18, 52 yards, 3 INT's

On the season Foster has thrown for 8 TD's and 6 INT's and has fumbled 3 times. (9 total turnovers in 6 games)

IMO, Foster has the job because Brisco just isn't ready yet.

BTW, Briscoe asked to be moved down to JV because he wants to play QB.

I had zero problem with Foster being the starter. I just would like to see Briscoe get some snaps.

4 hours ago, MMstangfan said:

100% agree. After watching Jasper, Silsbee and WO-S play this season, IMO all three teams were overrated to start the season. Neither have looked to me like a top 5 4A DII team.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Let's make one thing for certain. Foster did not "lead" his team to the semifinals last year. He may have been the QB, but was not the leader.

4-18, 52 yards, 3 INT's

On the season Foster has thrown for 8 TD's and 6 INT's.

I had zero problem with Foster being the starter. I just would like to see Briscoe get some snaps.

I'm with you I'd like to see Brisco get a few snaps.. Cant do any worse IMO. On Fosters defense he's not required to make reads or look for check downs.. he's told where to throw it and when... Cartwright is not a big enough and not a fast enough  receiver to just throw a jump ball  or hope he's able to go and get it....

41 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

4-18, 52 yards, 3 INT's

On the season Foster has thrown for 8 TD's and 6 INT's and has fumbled 3 times. (9 total turnovers in 6 games)

I can't  roll with you on that... seems like before he got in the lineup and after he got in the lineup  was two different offenses.   Coincidence?   I think not.

6 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

6 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

And they way I see it...  last year in the district game, WO-S won by a score.  This year, Silsbee lost by a score...  same as last year. Last year, no one complained.  This year, we are complaining and talking about a JV QB??  🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

And the way I see it....last year in this game Foster was starting for the second time and the first time in a WOS game. This year was his fifteenth start and third time to see WOS. He has the experience to be more consistent. 

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I can't  roll with you on that... seems like before he got in the lineup and after he got in the lineup  was two different offenses.   Coincidence?   I think not.

Your kidding right? He didn't play against PNG, Newton or Nederland last year because he was on JV. Played very little against BC and Lumberton and got significant playing time against Springhill. That's two hugely different set of teams. How can you compare the first three teams with the second three. That's why there was a difference in our offense and that is the Coincidence. 

Playoff teams if Silsbee gets there are going to stack the line against the run and make Mr Foster beat them so then the secondary will key on Mr Cartwright and I guess Silsbee doesn’t trust any other receivers you can use the passing game to set up the run but the opponents will not respect anything because we are just a running team I can’t remember the last time Silsbee wasn’t effective in the passing game and it is hurting this team no disrespect at all to mr foster but he over threw a wide open player for a touchdown late but people knew last year that just throwing up jump ball would come back on us against good teams and if the goal is to win it all then  we can’t just beat good teams we have to beat great teams to accomplish that.

1 hour ago, MBaller#1 said:

Playoff teams if Silsbee gets there are going to stack the line against the run and make Mr Foster beat them so then the secondary will key on Mr Cartwright and I guess Silsbee doesn’t trust any other receivers you can use the passing game to set up the run but the opponents will not respect anything because we are just a running team I can’t remember the last time Silsbee wasn’t effective in the passing game and it is hurting this team no disrespect at all to mr foster but he over threw a wide open player for a touchdown late but people knew last year that just throwing up jump ball would come back on us against good teams and if the goal is to win it all then  we can’t just beat good teams we have to beat great teams to accomplish that.

There were WR last year that actually got separation from defenders and beat their man.  Wasn't all jump balls.  I didn't miss any games last year.  We knew coming into this season that we were gonna be very young at WR graduating White and Turk.  You had two that could get separation.  This year, 1.  Maybe the JV qb could've stayed on varsity and played WR and display that athleticism  at wideout opposite side of Cartwright... maybe that will be implemented when playoffs start...