West Orange-Stark 17 Silsbee 9/FINAL

WOSgrad

33 minutes ago, KB24 said:

No one from Silsbe wants to believe this but talent is talent. Whether it’s a freshman or senior. They have too much talent to not utilize it. Play your kids if you want to be a successful team. 

I said it too. I don't get it. Silsbee has 3 backs that can do it all. Put them in space. And let them go.

42 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

What did I say last week and the week before? If your only passes are a fade route to Cartwright and a screen to Martin, your in trouble. Havent heard a zone read play all year. If Silsbee doesnt do something with the offense expect a quick playoff exit.

He threw everything like he was about to get killed but he really wasn’t...no fade route just throw it up for grabs 

Not sure the last time Silsbee hasn't had a mobile QB. I wonder if Foster could get out the pocket to run some would it help his passing game. RPO would be great for him. Maybe Silsbee offense is designed that way but the more successful QBs at Silsbee have all been able to have a nice run pass option.  Collins, Jones, Thomas, Reed, Johnson, Harper etc. I have never been a fan of the Information offense Silsbee runs. Seems like it limits their speed to some degree. 

23 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

He threw everything like he was about to get killed but he really wasn’t...no fade route just throw it up for grabs 

Tonight definitely wasnt a good game fo him.  It looked like many times he had his mind made up where he was going to throw it before the snap.  Several times the snap was low and as soon as he got the ball he just threw it up for grabs at that spot.  He made a couple good passes on  the possesion with about 4 minutes to go but then threw it up for an interception. The Tigers defense played well enough to have won this game.  Even in the secondary. The last few games we have really done well against the run.  Good second half for the mustangs and they got the win.  Congratulation!  And lets hope for another game later this season.

33 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Good win for the Stangs but they have a lot of work to do with that offense.They will need these district games to fine tune it are they want get very far in the playoffs.They don't look like the # 3 team in D2 to me.We shall see.

Well those 2 games they missed have hurt big time. The biggest adjustment has to be offensive play calling when from day one .u knew the offense was behind the defense. Qb played well.he can't run. Threw the ball well. But I can't understand  when he did get his rhythm. O/C has to do a better job.i couldn't believe 2 and 15 u runa draw.and on 3rd down u do the same thing. Head scratcher. 

Just a few quick stats;

Silsbee                                WOS

Passing

R. Foster   4-18-52-0-3    J. Terrell   11-20-144-1-0

Rushing

D. Taylor    13-83 TD          E. Gales      12-55

C. Martin   10-41               J. Chaney     8-31 TD

A. Arline      9-28                J. Terrell     13-(-7) 

R. Foster    3-(-3)               

Receiving

C. Martin        1-21            J. Zeigler    5-63  TD

K. Cartwright 1-16            E. Gales       1-26

R. Hatton        1-8              A. Thomas  1-20

D. Taylor         1-7              C. Crawford  1-10

44 minutes ago, dj said:

Well those 2 games they missed have hurt big time. The biggest adjustment has to be offensive play calling when from day one .u knew the offense was behind the defense. Qb played well.he can't run. Threw the ball well. But I can't understand  when he did get his rhythm. O/C has to do a better job.i couldn't believe 2 and 15 u runa draw.and on 3rd down u do the same thing. Head scratcher. 

I knew missing those two games was not good.Offense line didn't play well tonight,didn't get that push.Give credit to Silsbee though.What the heck was that 1st and goal from the 3 and they run a pass play and got sacked for about 10 yards.We were lucky to score after that dumb call.You are right...QB is not a runner.

1 hour ago, Broncos2447 said:

Why do teams not play the best person on varsity?  Is there a reason to keep them on jv to "develop" if he's better than your starter on varsity? 

I am gling to answer this. Its quite simple.  Our qb had a very bad night. But if the coaches felt like they had a better option, that option would be starting. Now maybe it was a mistake to let option b play on jv the night before, since he wasnt available to come in last night.  But then again do you want to throw a new varsity to the wolves that is WOS....