ALCS- Houston Astros vs New York Yankees

6 minutes ago, TXHORN_ET said:

Verlander pitched a heck of the game except for that 1st inning.

Is Hinch going to leave Alvarez in the lineup tomorrow? Every time I’ve seen him come to the plate it seems he’s an automatic strikeout here lately.

I hope not too.  

10 hours ago, TXHORN_ET said:

Verlander pitched a heck of the game except for that 1st inning.

Is Hinch going to leave Alvarez in the lineup tomorrow? Every time I’ve seen him come to the plate it seems he’s an automatic strikeout here lately.

He absolutely has no clue at the plate right now.  Put Tucker out there, he can do no worse.

It’s not the pitching. We left too many runners stranded. No score after the 1st. Inning. Verlander made a couple mistakes and paid for it with silent bats. But who is to say they were mistakes? The Yanks have one of the most potent offenses in the league. Alvarez watching too many pitches right down the freakin middle. Chirinos is nothing but a K, but he has to catch Verlander.

Bullpen pitching is questionable, but maybe it will wake up some bats, knowing there is no ace on the mound.

Difficult to question Hinch here because he could be lured away by big money. Other teams like his style and preparation.