Best teams in the area.

MikelSR

On 10/12/2019 at 4:33 PM, Tigers94 said:

Jones and Bush were Silsbee kids going to school in Beumont. Yeah, Calvin was a transfer. 

Transfers happen and one player here and there ain't a huge deal. 

What I don't like is these kids trying to build super teams like they see in the NBA.

Yates has 3 this year if info is correct. That's bs. 

I guess I really blame Kevin Durrant and LeBron for this.

They have just acquired a 4th, PG from St. Thomas has transferred to Yates...some may think it's for Silsbee but it's actually not...there looking past Silsbee and regrouping for Faith Family cause heard from an insider there rebuilding an already great group...

I know as long as Silsbee has Bush they’re gong to be a good club but I think it’s silly to think Yates is recruiting players to prepare for the Tigers. I don’t know what Yates graduated last year but they beat a Silsbee club by 19 that graduated very heavy, including 2 D1 players. 

Thing is there's a simple way to stop all this non sense.

You transfer to a new school and play sports, you sit out the entire season for whatever that sport may be. That means playoffs and everything. No getting around it. You get caught cheating, you get put on probation where your season is over once the playoffs start.

20 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Thing is there's a simple way to stop all this non sense.

You transfer to a new school and play sports, you sit out the entire season for whatever that sport may be. That means playoffs and everything. No getting around it. You get caught cheating, you get put on probation where your season is over once the playoffs start.

All but 1 transfer came from out of state and the other from a private school...

16 hours ago, whsalum said:

I know as long as Silsbee has Bush they’re gong to be a good club but I think it’s silly to think Yates is recruiting players to prepare for the Tigers. I don’t know what Yates graduated last year but they beat a Silsbee club by 19 that graduated very heavy, including 2 D1 players. 

Yeah as long silsbee have bush y’all will be good but I mean let’s be real it’s only so much he can do , yeah you can 30 from him on every given night but without McCain, And Adams I think it’s gone be a loooong season for him specially against teams like BU, Memorial , West Brook & hopefully if they make it that far Yates 

How much with the opening local rankings change from the final rankings last year? Especially with 1,3 and 5 losing a lot.
6A-4A Rankings
1.   Silsbee (23-6)
2.   Beaumont United (24-6)
3.   Texas City (29-5)
4.   Galena Park North Shore (28-3)
5.   Barbers Hill (29-6)
6.   Port Arthur Memorial (23-7)
7.   Beaumont West Brook (22-10)
8.   Hardin-Jefferson (27-9)
8.   Huffman Hargrave (28-5)
10.  Friendswood (18-9)
11.  Galveston Ball (16-10)
12.  Nederland (21-13)
13.  Lufkin Hudson (15-10)
13.  Lumberton (21-15)
15.  Deer Park (23-12)

34 minutes ago, BH85 said:

How much with the opening local rankings change from the final rankings last year? Especially with 1,3 and 5 losing a lot.
6A-4A Rankings
1.   Silsbee (23-6)
3.   Texas City (29-5)
5.   Barbers Hill (29-6)
10.  Friendswood (18-9)
12.  Nederland (21-13)
13.  Lumberton (21-15)
15.  Deer Park (23-12)

Silsbee will drop some but not a lot. Texas city graduated heavy I think. First couple weeks is just an educated guess. Wish bb had team previews like FB. 

1 hour ago, BH85 said:

6A-4A Rankings
1.   Silsbee (23-6)
3.   Texas City (29-5)
5.   Barbers Hill (29-6)
10.  Friendswood (18-9)
12.  Nederland (21-13)
13.  Lumberton (21-15)
15.  Deer Park (23-12)

I can tell you who my preseason #1, #2 and #3 will be. ;)

On 10/11/2019 at 9:59 AM, no-look said:

Curious about the best teams in their class that includes all classifications. What does EC have coming back? 

As for our coverage area teams:

6A   United

5A   PAM

4A   Silsbee

3A  Coldspring (EC very close, depends on if Cam can play)

2A  Shelbyville

1A  Leggett

21 hours ago, UncleDrew said:

Kam should be back between middle to late December/ early January 

East chambers needs to play tougher teams in this area since district play won’t very much of a problem for them ! Since 2015 the players have been asking southerland to put teams like silsbee , ozen & central at the time , even last year asked to play silsbee , Bu , memorial , west brook ....... players said southerland never reached out 

14 minutes ago, ThaGod_409 said:

East chambers needs to play tougher teams in this area since district play won’t very much of a problem for them ! Since 2015 the players have been asking southerland to put teams like silsbee , ozen & central at the time , even last year asked to play silsbee , Bu , memorial , west brook ....... players said southerland never reached out 

First of all, the scheduling of games is a two way street. One coach may want to play but the other has to agree. Not trying to diminish EC but what good does it do for teams like United, Memorial, West Brook and even Silsbee to play East Chambers? I can see Silsbee playing EC this year but not the past few seasons and United, Memorial and WB should not schedule any 3A school no matter how good they are.

The other thing with East Chambers scheduling is that the football team makes deep runs in the playoffs therefore pushing back the basketball season. EC has not played their first basketball game the last few years till December. Hard to get those type teams scheduled during that time. Those bigger schools are looking for bigger teams to play to get ready for district play.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with EC schedule and it really hasn't hampered them in the playoffs.

It's been, I think, more than 10 years since Silsbee has played East Chambers.

I believe EC lost by nearly 30 points that game.

Silsbee very rarely schedules down with Coach Sigler running the show. If the Tigers can make it into district this year a few games over 500, I'll consider that a solid accomplishment. No easy road here, regardless of who is or isn't on the team anymore.