Best teams in the area.

MikelSR

Wow, it appears 4A region 3 is being conceded by some on this board to Yates by a wide margin.  Because I believe the Lions would be a solid favorite against United.   If United is the best team in our coverage area by a wide margin, that doesn’t fare well for our teams in that region. 

1 minute ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

No love for Nederland?  They played PA well last year and return everyone.  

United will be the best in our coverage area for 6A

Memorial and Nederland in 5A (Both will be improved this year). 

Silsbee and HJ in 4A

EC and Coldspring in 3A

Shelbyille in 2A

In other words, the usual suspects....

19 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Wow, it appears 4A region 3 is being conceded by some on this board to Yates by a wide margin.  Because I believe the Lions would be a solid favorite against United.   If United is the best team in our coverage area by a wide margin, that doesn’t fare well for our teams in that region. 

Didn't  United beat Yates in that predistrict tournament at JY HS?

It's hard to compete with a team that gets so many transfers in 4A. Unless we've all been misinformed, it's gonna be Yates region to lose this year.

What's funny is how fast they dropped out of 5A just a few short years ago. Their current student count is listed at 832. Cutoff for 5A is 1150. There must have been a mass exodus from that school or something. Maybe a lot of kids found a better communications program to go to.

Give Silsbee two years and they'll be ready to fight again. Might even be the best team in the area by then.

57 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Didn't  United beat Yates in that predistrict tournament at JY HS?

No, Yates was in the pool with Dickinson and beat them by 17 in a game with Mark playing.  Neither Mark nor Guidry played in Dickinson’s 2 pt loss to United.  Yates lost in bracket play to that school with 15 names in its title.  

2 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

It's hard to compete with a team that gets so many transfers in 4A. Unless we've all been misinformed, it's gonna be Yates region to lose this year.

What's funny is how fast they dropped out of 5A just a few short years ago. Their current student count is listed at 832. Cutoff for 5A is 1150. There must have been a mass exodus from that school or something. Maybe a lot of kids found a better communications program to go to.

Give Silsbee two years and they'll be ready to fight again. Might even be the best team in the area by then.

Silsbee never got any transfers these past years to win ?  Calvin ....... willie ..... bush was even trying to get kasen to attend there 

41 minutes ago, ThaGod_409 said:

Silsbee never got any transfers these past years to win ?  Calvin ....... willie ..... bush was even trying to get kasen to attend there 

Jones and Bush were Silsbee kids going to school in Beumont. Yeah, Calvin was a transfer. 

Transfers happen and one player here and there ain't a huge deal. 

What I don't like is these kids trying to build super teams like they see in the NBA.

Yates has 3 this year if info is correct. That's bs. 

I guess I really blame Kevin Durrant and LeBron for this.

7 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Jones and Bush were Silsbee kids going to school in Beumont. Yeah, Calvin was a transfer. 

Transfers happen and one player here and there ain't a huge deal. 

What I don't like is these kids trying to build super teams like they see in the NBA.

Yates has 3 this year if info is correct. That's bs.

I guess I really blame Kevin Durrant and LeBron for this.

At least 3.  Doakes and both bigs, at least 2 and probably all 3 starters.  I’m guessing as deep as Yates plays, there are more than likely more. 

But the revolving doors have been going on in Dallas for years.  Heck, Family Faith had a whole coaching staff in addition to players transfer in.