Russia benefits from Turkey invasion of Syria

Law Man

6 hours ago, Law Man said:

U.S. weighs leaving more troops, sending battle tanks to Syria. All of thIs  to protect the precious oil. We pull out and now we’re going back in because we forgot about the oil.
So much for your theory about a President who acts like he knows.

If you are going to post news, add a link rather than your opinion.

Also, be sure to highlight the part where he is doing all this for the oil.

You seem conflicted, isn't this exactly what you thought should happen?  Seems Trump can do no right in your eyes.

And my theory is correct, he does realize we are the superpower, contrary to the former apologist we had in the White House. 

8 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

If you are going to post news, add a link rather than your opinion.

Also, be sure to highlight the part where he is doing all this for the oil.

You seem conflicted, isn't this exactly what you thought should happen?  Seems Trump can do no right in your eyes.

And my theory is correct, he does realize we are the superpower, contrary to the former apologist we had in the White House. 

Today in the Washington Post, Research, knowledge is power. Trump seems conflicted. 

1 hour ago, Law Man said:

Today in the Washington Post, Research, knowledge is power. Trump seems conflicted. 

I stand corrected. The Wall Street Journal posted it 20 hours ago. U.S. Weighs leaving more troops, Sending Battle tanks to Syria.

I have stated well before this thread that President Trump has done well for the economy but his foreign policies are wrong when he goes with his gut feeling. I thought he should have never abandoned the kurds, never allowed Turkey who is suppose to be a U.S. ally invade Syria. He claimed ISIS was defeated. His tweets have been conflicted.

1 hour ago, Law Man said:

I stand corrected. The Wall Street Journal posted it 20 hours ago. U.S. Weighs leaving more troops, Sending Battle tanks to Syria.

I have stated well before this thread that President Trump has done well for the economy but his foreign policies are wrong when he goes with his gut feeling. I thought he should have never abandoned the kurds, never allowed Turkey who is suppose to be a U.S. ally invade Syria. He claimed ISIS was defeated. His tweets have been conflicted.

You seem to have resigned yourself to the idea that we must be involved in any conflict on the face of the earth.

Give us the answer on EXACTLY what we should do with Turkey. 

As far as the Kurds, how long should we provide support? 10, 20, 30 years?

31 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You seem to have resigned yourself to the idea that we must be involved in any conflict on the face of the earth.

Give us the answer on EXACTLY what we should do with Turkey. 

As far as the Kurds, how long should we provide support? 10, 20, 30 years?

You missed the whole point. It has all to do with ISIS. Trump stated ISIS was defeated. We must not relive the mistakes we made in Iraq.
We will never forget 9-11. Kurds helped US fight ISIS in Syria. The Kurds held ISIS in detention centers. So to your point as long as it takes. 

4 minutes ago, Law Man said:

You missed the whole point. It has all to do with ISIS. Trump stated ISIS was defeated. We must not relive the mistakes we made in Iraq.
We will never forget 9-11. Kurds helped US fight ISIS in Syria. The Kurds held ISIS in detention centers. So to your point as long as it takes. 

Turkey should be sanctioned. Turkey remains defiant.Turkey is a NATO ally who buys weapons from Russia. 

11 minutes ago, Law Man said:

If you think we will defeat ISIS with a few hundred troops spread around you are sadly mistaken.  We can’t keep fighting these wars where we halfway commit  and drag them out decades.  If we want to commit and crush the bad guys once and for all, I’m all in.

As far as 9-11, I remember it as well as anyone.

10 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

If you think we will defeat ISIS with a few hundred troops spread around you are sadly mistaken.  We can’t keep fighting these wars where we halfway commit  and drag them out decades.  If we want to commit and crush the bad guys once and for all, I’m all in.

That’s my point. Trump should listen to advisers. Appointment someone who specializes in foreign affairs. I don’t think sprinkling few troops here and there will defeat ISIS. Trump seems to think so. I really wish he would appoint a General who understands how to best protect America. 

9 minutes ago, Law Man said:

That’s my point. Trump should listen to advisers. Appointment someone who specializes in foreign affairs. I don’t think sprinkling few troops here and there will defeat ISIS. Trump seems to think so. I really wish he would appoint a General who understands how to best protect America. 

40 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Why are we defending oil in Syria?

20 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I would guess to keep ISIS from taking them over until a better solution is negotiated.

Would you have a better plan?

I would have continued to work with the Kurds to defeat ISIS. The mission Trump claimed was to bring troops home because ISIS was defeated . We abandon the Kurds and now we protect Syria’s  oil  from ISIS. I will admit, I am glad the Russian are pissed. Russia Is claiming fowl and calling the U.S thugs. We have struck a nerve with Russia.  

On 10/23/2019 at 11:43 AM, Hagar said:

So, you been secretly hiding out and reading every post, waiting for a chance to pounce?  Is that about right?  Lol, regardless, welcome back.  Your edification is just a few keystrokes away.   No, I did not support Obama’s handling in Syria.  He “drew a line in the sand”, and when Russia shoved it up his kister, he backed down.   And I did not approve of what Trump did pulling a handful (I’ve heard anywhere from 50 to 300) of troops out giving Turkey the opportunity to attack the Kurds.  That said, I still don’t see where that aided Russia, which is the title of this thread.  We still have troops there, although many wonder why, but the Middle East is like a giant chessboard, where realistically the best you can hope for is stalemate.

Naw, Hagar, I just check in every few months. I could pounce every day if I wanted, but it’s just too tiring.