Art Briles

ST413

21 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

But, the assistant coach/trainer/documentary, looks more damning than anything. He is not a full time employee of the MVISD and seems to have connections to the two players in question.

I'd really like to see all of the details.  Obviously, that ^ would/should raise some serious red flags but before I form my own opinion on the matter I'd like to know everything.  I just had a feeling that this might happen if he went there and started having success no matter the situation.  

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

But, the assistant coach/trainer/documentary, looks more damning than anything. He is not a full time employee of the MVISD and seems to have connections to the two players in question.

Seems awful fishy to me.  Can't imagine Briles and the Superintendent would, if against the rules, knowingly allow this.  Hope it's not sour grapes on someone's part!

4 hours ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

Just read where they will not have to forfeit any games because the kids were ruled eligible in an earlier DEC meeting. Only a reprimand. The 2 transfers were ruled ineligible 

Can someone explain:  They were eligible but now they are not? 

In all reality, the kids will probably be ruled eligible again next week. This will go on next year when those 2 kids move in from California next year. Apparently the employment opportunities in Mount Vernon are just too good to pass up. But the Hawthorne situation is very odd, considering he's supposedly the uncle to the 2 kids that got ruled ineligible. 

6 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Its sour grapes for sure. They are doing everything in their power to get him out of there and as quickly as possible. Who knows how this ends, but it definitely sucks.

It was getting so hot on Smoaky.com it suddenly went into update mode and nobody can even get on the sight. 

By the way who is the “they” people?