Nederland @ Dayton

chorizo

7 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

2009 ring any bells. We were so bad on offense that we actually broke out the wishbone against PNG and that team still managed to make the playoffs. Bulldogs get in the win column here the rest of the season we'll see.

2009 they ran the spread even against PNG all season long. Atterberry was the QB for that game, Forney was hurt during that game. Sonnier ran some wildcat. Wildcat worked so well, the next Sonnier ran it a lot during that game and basically ran it every red zone possession and beat PNG in 2010. 2009 they wasn’t bad on offense the injury bug bit them Bellows went down week 1. Back up qb went down week 2 or 3 (Smith I believe) Then Forney came in didn’t do a bad job he was so hard to take down, reminded me of Big Ben from the Steelers. Had a cannon of a arm. 2010 football team is the year they had a ton of sophomores starting on both sides of the ball and still managed to get into the playoffs as well..The teams have found a way to get in, this one who knows? But we will have a better picture after Friday night 

27 minutes ago, outanup said:

Sonnier was a beast in the Wildcat against the Injuns that night.... He ran behind Huber and Smith all night.... PNG never figured out how to stop it, we basically ran it the whole 2nd half and ate the clock.

No Sonnier on this team,past dogs had heart,this years team lacks that!!!!

47 minutes ago, outanup said:

Sonnier was a beast in the Wildcat against the Injuns that night.... He ran behind Huber and Smith all night.... PNG never figured out how to stop it, we basically ran it the whole 2nd half and ate the clock.

Huber and Smith was 08. 2 years before that game. Game you are thinking of Grogan ran behind Huber and Smith and ate PNG up. 

11 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Ehhh I think we have a Sonnier/Seay on this team... his last name is Fuselier 

Negative,maybe by his senior yr,but not now!!!!These players are more worried about themselves and not the team,and believe me I know,their at my house all the time!!I stay on em but does no good!!!!

17 minutes ago, chorizo said:

Negative,maybe by his senior yr,but not now!!!!These players are more worried about themselves and not the team,and believe me I know,their at my house all the time!!I stay on em but does no good!!!!

Nederland hasn’t tried to do it yet so might as well, they need a spark in a bad way, unless they are saving it for later in district. But at this point if we lose on Friday, time to get the younger generation of bulldogs going. 

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

2009 they ran the spread even against PNG all season long. Atterberry was the QB for that game, Forney was hurt during that game. Sonnier ran some wildcat. Wildcat worked so well, the next Sonnier ran it a lot during that game and basically ran it every red zone possession and beat PNG in 2010. 2009 they wasn’t bad on offense the injury bug bit them Bellows went down week 1. Back up qb went down week 2 or 3 (Smith I believe) Then Forney came in didn’t do a bad job he was so hard to take down, reminded me of Big Ben from the Steelers. Had a cannon of a arm. 2010 football team is the year they had a ton of sophomores starting on both sides of the ball and still managed to get into the playoffs as well..The teams have found a way to get in, this one who knows? But we will have a better picture after Friday night 

They ran the wishbone on the 1st series against PNG then got away from it. I'm staying optimistic about the Bulldogs for the playoffs but the things I'm hearing about this team off the field not good.

58 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

They ran the wishbone on the 1st series against PNG then got away from it. I'm staying optimistic about the Bulldogs for the playoffs but the things I'm hearing about this team off the field not good.

What exactly is the cause? I keep reading people saying that Nederland is “not good,” and they are clearly struggling, but my thought on the end of last season was that Nederland would be really good with so much youth contributing on varsity last year. Are they small? Unathletic? Slow? Fighting in the locker room? (Just thinking of examples). Seems like the team not working well together is something that can be overcome if the talent is there. 

I noticed a change on the oline this past week... didn’t pay close attention to it but it was on the side that has really been struggling this year... IMO there’s not much effort from some... oline is usually not something I worry about much, as they are always coached up so well and are steady getting better. Not this year. Dline struggles 2...

56 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

What exactly is the cause? I keep reading people saying that Nederland is “not good,” and they are clearly struggling, but my thought on the end of last season was that Nederland would be really good with so much youth contributing on varsity last year. Are they small? Unathletic? Slow? Fighting in the locker room? (Just thinking of examples). Seems like the team not working well together is something that can be overcome if the talent is there. 

I dont think its a talent issue i think the issues are Effort and Leadership.

Nederland has a great athletic tradition, especially in football.  It is built on players that work extremely hard and play extremely hard with a ton of heart and a minimum of mistakes. This is why it is so difficult for fans when a group of players are soft, lazy, and give little effort. They have forgotten that there is no I in TEAM.  For the fans that watched the BH game it was quite evident when they simply gave up.