BH vs. Baytown Lee

BHFAN

Homecoming for the Eagles this week! Lee traded scores with us last year in a high scoring game. Lee started off with a bang this year , but looks to have slowed down after PNG punched them in the mouth. Eagles better not sleep though Lee will come to play. BH by 14

41 minutes ago, Hagar said:

The Eagles win this one going away.  Lee will romp and stomp on those they can, but when confronted by a good team, not so much.  And it appears BH might be the cream of the crop in this District.

Lee will have to complete passes to stay with BH. Otherwise, Eagles will pull away. They have plenty of talent. 

18 hours ago, panamamyers said:

PNG pulled away at the end. Didn't exactly punch them in the mouth. Lee was driving for the go ahead score late in the 3rd quarter and made a bad turnover that directly led to a score the other way and that was that. 

Yeah but mouth punch sounds much more dramatic than pulled away at the end :) anywho I was glad to see the Ganders back this season, been a Gander fan since Olin, but haven’t had much to look at since then. Y’all save your good game for Crosby nothing to see here.

On 10/6/2019 at 8:31 PM, Hagar said:

The Eagles win this one going away.  Lee will romp and stomp on those they can, but when confronted by a good team, not so much.  And it appears BH might be the cream of the crop in this District.

That remains to be seen until November 1. BH has never beaten PNG, in multiple meetings. Until they do, my money is on PNG. 

3 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

That remains to be seen until November 1. BH has never beaten PNG, in multiple meetings. Until they do, my money is on PNG. 

Lol, you’re correct, thus my use of the word “might”.  

Many have stated on here that the Dist is very weak.  I doubt we match up with some very strong Districts, but do you think it’s any weaker than in the past?  Obviously  Crosby & Santa Fe (and Ned?) are, but Lee is better, and IMO, Vidor is better than most expected.   

19 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Lol, you’re correct, thus my use of the word “might”.  

Many have stated on here that the Dist is very weak.  I doubt we match up with some very strong Districts, but do you think it’s any weaker than in the past?  Obviously  Crosby & Santa Fe (and Ned?) are, but Lee is better, and IMO, Vidor is better than most expected.   

I don’t know that we are weaker than previous seasons. I think people are equating mainstays like Nederland and Crosby being down with the district overall being down. Just because Vidor is better than Crosby or just because Nederland is not as good as BH isn’t sufficient to say the district is down — Maybe Vidor and BH are just good this year? All that aside, and to answer your question, the district is a middle of the road district most of the time. If Crosby, PNG, Nederland, and Dayton were all at strength, it would certainly be one of the most competitive in the state. But even then, we’d still be merely above average, not up there with the big dogs. But there are only ever a few big dogs. The truth that gets lost in the quest for a championship is that most teams in the state are terrible. So even though our district reps will be knocked out usually in the 2nd to 3rd round by teams that totally outclass us, that’s because the top is a crowded place. We talk down on our local teams too much.  And I know people will say i’m celebrating mediocrity - i’m not. I’m acknowledging the success we have in the quest to overcome mediocrity. There’s a difference, for sure. State is the goal, but the journey is part of it. 

3 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Unless PNG and Ned are leading the district everyone wants to call it weaek. Last year we were only better because PNG had boy wonder:) BH I hope can get over the hump and beat PNG, but for this week we must stay focused on a pretty good Gander squad 

You read my mind as I was typing haha 

So i’m Curious why did Lee only score 34 on Santa Fe? 34 is definitely respectable, but Lee was throwing up huge numbers before the game with PNG.  We know Santa Fe is not doing good at all, so I expected more. Bad game? Hurt players? Grades? Not showing BH scouts the play book? Inquiring minds want to know.

16 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

So i’m Curious why did Lee only score 34 on Santa Fe? 34 is definitely respectable, but Lee was throwing up huge numbers before the game with PNG.  We know Santa Fe is not doing good at all, so I expected more. Bad game? Hurt players? Grades? Not showing BH scouts the play book? Inquiring minds want to know.

SF was eating clock. 

11 hours ago, BHFAN said:

I was at the game and have watched 3 of Lees games. Lees offense if a big play offense. Take them away they dont score 60. Galena Park and Splendora defense was not that good.  Sante Fe was doing and making all the right plays in the 1st half and held Lee to 7 points. Lee made the big plays in the 2nd half.  Lees defense cant tackle well. They athletes to be good but miss a ton of tackles.

On 10/8/2019 at 12:15 PM, Rez Ipsa said:

I don’t know that we are weaker than previous seasons. I think people are equating mainstays like Nederland and Crosby being down with the district overall being down. Just because Vidor is better than Crosby or just because Nederland is not as good as BH isn’t sufficient to say the district is down — Maybe Vidor and BH are just good this year? All that aside, and to answer your question, the district is a middle of the road district most of the time. If Crosby, PNG, Nederland, and Dayton were all at strength, it would certainly be one of the most competitive in the state. But even then, we’d still be merely above average, not up there with the big dogs. But there are only ever a few big dogs. The truth that gets lost in the quest for a championship is that most teams in the state are terrible. So even though our district reps will be knocked out usually in the 2nd to 3rd round by teams that totally outclass us, that’s because the top is a crowded place. We talk down on our local teams too much.  And I know people will say i’m celebrating mediocrity - i’m not. I’m acknowledging the success we have in the quest to overcome mediocrity. There’s a difference, for sure. State is the goal, but the journey is part of it. 

Vidor is not in a conversation w/ CROSBY! DO you watch games or sores? Crosby needs work... Our worst games have teams on the ropes. #Stay tuned

14 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I don’t actually understand what you are saying. 

You said Vidor is better than Crosby. That is a false statement. Yes Crosby lost to Vidor. Vidor did not score 1 running touchdown. A better Coaching job by Vidor preparing for the game. IMO