Katy QB suspended for bad choice of words

On 10/8/2019 at 6:16 AM, LTFALCON said:

Black, white, Hispanics all use the "N "word TOO loosely, its disrespectful and doesn't matter what context its used it. It irritates me to hear it coming from anybody anywhere. 

Not making light of the situation. But there is a difference in 'er and 'a. Don’t expect many of you to understand that. 

You can't post that on open forum.  Thank you for understanding. - Soulja

On 10/5/2019 at 7:53 PM, BearEssentials97 said:

Katy has suspended it's quarterback for two games and stripped him of his captainship after he was caught on the Mike saying a word that white people shouldn't say.

This is the hidden content, please

Kid sounds remorseful, and no one should be judged by a single bad decision. I hope he learns and becomes a better person for it.

Katy will survive this. Just a reminder that hot mikes are everywhere so keep it clean in public.

It’s a word nobody should say and everybody is held to the same standards or people get over it. One or the other. 

SAD. Kid (17 years old). Works hard,plays hard,endures offseason and summer workouts that most kids cant imagine. Goes on social media and uses a phrase that can be heard 1000 times a day in most High School hallways, and now he gotta sit out. I hope other teenagers realize that this probably could have happened to 10000 other players if we really looked at what is being put out there.

9 minutes ago, Go-rilla said:

SAD. Kid (17 years old). Works hard,plays hard,endures offseason and summer workouts that most kids cant imagine. Goes on social media and uses a phrase that can be heard 1000 times a day in most High School hallways, and now he gotta sit out. I hope other teenagers realize that this probably could have happened to 10000 other players if we really looked at what is being put out there.

Double standard... can’t have it both ways.

1 hour ago, FactCheck said:

Is that a word you throw around often?

what word?

bottom line people let simple words bother them way too much now days.

should people be held responsible for their speech..... yes

people call people names to make them upset. if you let that person make you upset with simple words then they have won.

people look for things to be offended/upset about just so they can play the victim and get attention.

todays world teaches people to be a society of victims.

4 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

what word?

people call people names to make them upset. if you let that person make you upset with simple words then they have won.

people look for things to be offended/upset about just so they can play the victim and get attention.

“Choose not to be harmed — and you won’t feel harmed. Don’t feel harmed — and you haven’t been.” – 

Not that the word is ok

2 hours ago, jv_coach said:

It’s a word nobody should say and everybody is held to the same standards or people get over it. One or the other. 

I would suggest you visit the Equal Justice Initiative, aka the Hanging Museum, in Montgomery, Alabama. That is a horrible word that white people have forever forfeited the right to use. It's about a days drive and will leave you in tears.

As for black people, some of us have turned it into a word of endearment and others would bury it. I go back and forth on it every day and have educated my children why it's not a good word but I understand why we as a group use it amongst each other. 

I can't call my lady' friends the b word but she can. I have no problem with that. 

Taneshi Coates said it better than I could, that ain't y'all's word and y'all can't tell us what to do with it.

That said. The punishment seemed fine, he seems remorseful and I hope he comes out a better person because of this.

I'm white, but very sensitive to the use of the word because of what Jasper has gone through as a result of the behavior of racists. I wish this kind of stuff would stop, but it just seems to get worse with society being the way it is lately. Common decency and respect are becoming lost concepts to a lot of us. 

4 hours ago, THE DUDE said:

what word?

Have you thought that maybe they are victims and this terminology is only one example of that?

4 hours ago, NetCat said:

“Choose not to be harmed — and you won’t feel harmed. Don’t feel harmed — and you haven’t been.” – 

Not that the word is ok

“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

-MLK

i guess we should just sit back and ignore it and other every day racism we see too. I’m sure it will cure itself over time.