Big News"" Probably will effect the playoffs

Who That

7 minutes ago, Who That said:

Not so sure that the UIL will come down on them.  It depends how the two schools handle suspensions.  True story, there was a basketball program who got into a big brawl with another school which the DEC ruled a double forfeit.  The one school dealt out some serious suspensions, including a season long suspension of one of their better players.  Seeing that, neither the DEC or the UIL levied any more sanctions (other than maybe probation to the programs).  The team that levied the season long suspension on its player won the state championship that year.

1 minute ago, WOSgrad said:

Not so sure that the UIL will come down on them.  It depends how the two schools handle suspensions.  True story, there was a basketball program who got into a big brawl with another school which the DEC ruled a double forfeit.  The one school dealt out some serious suspensions, including a season long suspension of one of their better players.  Seeing that, neither the DEC or the UIL levied any more sanctions (other than maybe probation to the programs).  The team that levied the season long suspension won the state championship that year.

Very true story 🤔😁

2 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Not so sure that the UIL will come down on them.  It depends how the two schools handle suspensions.  True story, there was a basketball program who got into a big brawl with another school which the DEC ruled a double forfeit.  The one school dealt out some serious suspensions, including a season long suspension of one of their better players.  Seeing that, neither the DEC or the UIL levied any more sanctions (other than maybe probation to the programs).  The team that levied the season long suspension on its player won the state championship that year.

This fight mentioned above, is part of the reason that the UIL does now get involved with punishments handed out.  If the fight was as bad as everyone said it was, then there could really be some harsh punishments.  I agree fully with the UIL and their suspensions.  Kids today do not see the need to accept responsibility for their actions.  This is where we have fallen short as a society.  I know I have seen my fair share of a belt, switch, etc. and I have turned out to be a pretty good man, and it didn't cause PTSD or whatever the new buzz word is for soft individuals, who are scared to discipline their own kids.

If I were to become involved in that brawl, I would be dead on the spot! Other that that, If I were the coach/Principal/Supt., I would suspend the players involved with this massive incident. This is so uncalled for! Sports are to teach people values and skills like working together as a team and good sportsmanship! Playing football and other sports are considered privileges! By putting on that uniform, you are representing your school, the community, the State, and the United States of America! It is time for everyone to be held responsible for what they do on and off the field!