Crosby@PNG

Indianforever

Who's willing to bet next Monday this DEC decision is all magically resolved. 

"Todd,

The District 12-5A Division II Executive Committee met again and decided that it was not a move for athletic purposes. The case now goes through a wavier process that the student-athlete must apply for.

Thank you,

Logan Lawrence

UIL Communications"

Although this is good and let the kids play geeze. 

Definitely smell something rotten in Denmark. Look I don’t like kids moving for athletics to live with cousin, aunt, or coaches rent-house, OR LIKE DEMAS TO THE QUARTERBACK HOUSE WHO NEEDS BIG NUMBERS TO GET A SCHOLARSHIP, but when parents move with child and establish residency for whatever reasons, he should be eligible. It seems that several teams in the district know the rules and system and helped themselves by this rabbit trail in forcing the legal quarterback to miss almost half of Crosby district games. I like gamesmanship, when Bob Craft recommended Bill O’Brien to McNair as head coach cause he knew the elder, now deceased McNair ,would shout “ how high” when Craft said “jump!” Just to screw the Texans potential for a decade, I saw ingenuity. But when teams purposely use rules to damage a kid whose parents did right by UIL, that’s wrong. I don’t have a dog in the fight, coached at Crosby, live here, but I just want good fair football. As I said after the Manvel Crosby game, Crosby with the new quarterback is the best team in district. Seems like some district foes believe it as well. Oh well, such is the soap opera life of high school football in Texas. Great—-GREAT 3 days of sports, tonight Astros vs Tampa bay game 5, tomorrow night Nederland at Dayton first half then United at King second half, then Saturday UT vs Okla  bama at A M then Florida at LSU. THANK YOU GOD 🐻✝️🐻✝️🐻✝️

6 minutes ago, coach bear said:

Definitely smell something rotten in Denmark. Look I don’t like kids moving for athletics to live with cousin, aunt, or coaches rent-house, OR LIKE DEMAS TO THE QUARTERBACK HOUSE WHO NEEDS BIG NUMBERS TO GET A SCHOLARSHIP, but when parents move with child and establish residency for whatever reasons, he should be eligible. It seems that several teams in the district know the rules and system and helped themselves by this rabbit trail in forcing the legal quarterback to miss almost half of Crosby district games. I like gamesmanship, when Bob Craft recommended Bill O’Brien to McNair as head coach cause he knew the elder, now deceased McNair ,would shout “ how high” when Craft said “jump!” Just to screw the Texans potential for a decade, I saw ingenuity. But when teams purposely use rules to damage a kid whose parents did right by UIL, that’s wrong. I don’t have a dog in the fight, coached at Crosby, live here, but I just want good fair football. As I said after the Manvel Crosby game, Crosby with the new quarterback is the best team in district. Seems like some district foes believe it as well. Oh well, such is the soap opera life of high school football in Texas. Great—-GREAT 3 days of sports, tonight Astros vs Tampa bay game 5, tomorrow night Nederland at Dayton first half then United at King second half, then Saturday UT vs Okla  bama at A M then Florida at LSU. THANK YOU GOD 🐻✝️🐻✝️🐻✝️

That's a strong statement.

38 minutes ago, GCMNation5 said:

Yes. He was a sophomore last  year.

Wait — this kid moved over a year ago? Let him play. I don’t know the full background to this story, but it seems to me that the transfer rules exist to prevent opportunistic moves that would arise in a recruiting-type situation. If a kid actually moves for that long, I can’t imagine what the real hang up is. There is no rule against really moving, even if the move is partially or even fully motivated by a kid wanting to play somewhere. If a kid moves because he wants to be in a certain school’s marching band, does anyone even care? Students are allowed their preferences. I think enforcement of these rules has gotten beyond the original intended scope. But there are certainly things I don’t know. Without more, this sounds ridiculous. 

49 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Wait — this kid moved over a year ago? Let him play. I don’t know the full background to this story, but it seems to me that the transfer rules exist to prevent opportunistic moves that would arise in a recruiting-type situation. If a kid actually moves for that long, I can’t imagine what the real hang up is. There is no rule against really moving, even if the move is partially or even fully motivated by a kid wanting to play somewhere. If a kid moves because he wants to be in a certain school’s marching band, does anyone even care? Students are allowed their preferences. I think enforcement of these rules has gotten beyond the original intended scope. But there are certainly things I don’t know. Without more, this sounds ridiculous. 

There is a lot more to it. Ill leave it at that. But I will say yes they should just let him play. The kid is a good kid not matter the situation.

1 hour ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I agree, based on what we know.   Maybe I misunderstand sometimes, but kids around here seem to move frequently from one school to another, and I suspect do it all around the State.  And if he was at Crosby last year, it appears to be a no-brainer.  

Just now, Hagar said:

I agree, based on what we know.   Maybe I misunderstand sometimes, but kids around here seem to move frequently from one school to another, and I suspect do it all around the State.  And if he was at Crosby last year, it appears to be a no-brainer.  

Agreed. Let the kid play.  It seems logical enough.

7 minutes ago, Hagar said:

He started ATTENDING  school in crosby close to the end of Basketball season last year.

5 hours ago, CoogGuy said:

This is probably a stupid question but i don't feel like scouring the internet for the answer. Why could he run track for Crosby  last year but can't play football this year?

Yes Jv but he was there since last spring 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔this whole scenario stinks, parents established residency for a long time. Just saying with new staff at Crosby and thousands of dollars mishandled, he got lost in the shuffle and several teams seem, I said seem (using my 5 years teaching forensics to seniors) to have plotted against him. Is he a bad kid, I don’t know but even bad kids deserve fair rules and laws. I did bad things as a kid, we all did, but we want our rules to be fair, FOR ALL✝️🐻