Lumberton @ Huffman

16 minutes ago, FactCheck said:

I think Huffman wins in a close one.

question, will this decide the district title?

or does somebody like LCM or splendora beat the winner of this?

I don’t think it will be close. I think LCM and Huffman is your top 2. Splendora is in the mix. I got Lumberton back at 4. 

For the person impressed with lumberton’s defense, you must be seeing things. I don’t ever remember a Lumberton team playing good defense especially the secondary. Huffman May get 300 + yards passing on the raiders. Offensively the raiders can move the ball if they stay away from penalties and turnovers. This game may be for the district championship

37 minutes ago, spidersal said:

For the person impressed with lumberton’s defense, you must be seeing things. I don’t ever remember a Lumberton team playing good defense especially the secondary. Huffman May get 300 + yards passing on the raiders. Offensively the raiders can move the ball if they stay away from penalties and turnovers. This game may be for the district championship

That’s me. And we held a Silsbee team in check running wise for pretty much the whole game, a Silsbee team with arguably one of the better overall backfields in 4A. Lots of talent. But you’re right, pass defense never has been the best and Huffman will be a good test... so we’ll see

2 hours ago, spidersal said:

For the person impressed with lumberton’s defense, you must be seeing things. I don’t ever remember a Lumberton team playing good defense especially the secondary. Huffman May get 300 + yards passing on the raiders. Offensively the raiders can move the ball if they stay away from penalties and turnovers. This game may be for the district 

The defense has been impressive. I think they will hold the Huffman passing attack under 150 yards. This Lumberton defense is good and should turn some heads this week. 

I agree that the coaches are good men and work very hard, but Lumberton does not have much talent even though this is one of the better raider teams.  They work hard, but are slow.  They played Silsbee fairly well and Silsbee does have talent, but as of now they are a big disappointment this year.  They also have a very weak defense and other than Silsbee, the Raiders have played no one any good this year.  I do hope they win against Huffman.  We will see

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

I agree that the coaches are good men and work very hard, but Lumberton does not have much talent even though this is one of the better raider teams.  They work hard, but are slow.  They played Silsbee fairly well and Silsbee does have talent, but as of now they are a big disappointment this year.  They also have a very weak defense and other than Silsbee, the Raiders have played no one any good this year.  I do hope they win against Huffman.  We will see

It's a football game not a track meet, so I think the raiders will be fine.  We have enough speed to play with anyone in our district, as long as the players execute the way they have been coached. If our offense can keep from getting behind the chains with penalties, the Raiders should win in a close game. 

45 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

It's a football game not a track meet, so I think the raiders will be fine.  We have enough speed to play with anyone in our district, as long as the players execute the way they have been coached. If our offense can keep from getting behind the chains with penalties, the Raiders should win in a close game. 

Seems to me there is at least one Raider who has some jets. I don't remember his number all I remember is he started a good 10 yards behind a Silsbee receiver on another assignment and in about 40 or 50 yards distance he nearly ran down the Silsbee receiver who was running away from our other player if he'd had another 5 or 10 yards he would have caught that receiver. I don't think the Lumberton defense is as slow as people are thinking. JMO

11 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

Seems to me there is at least one Raider who has some jets. I don't remember his number all I remember is he started a good 10 yards behind a Silsbee receiver on another assignment and in about 40 or 50 yards distance he nearly ran down the Silsbee receiver who was running away from our other player if he'd had another 5 or 10 yards he would have caught that receiver. I don't think the Lumberton defense is as slow as people are thinking. JMO

Yes sir.  Speed is not a concern at the moment for Lumberton.  It will come down to execution, blocking and tackling.  With our kids and coaches, I like our chances.

11 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

#25 - Smokin Speed

5 hours ago, LTFALCON said:

Negative. Neither team is capable of beating Huffman. LCM may give a game but not Splendora. 

LCM, Lumberton, Splendora, and Huffman are all contenders in this district. It would be foolish to write off any of these teams. I hope that the Raiders humble the Falcons this week. 

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:21 AM, Guitar Man said:

I was poking fun but if you wanna be serious I can be. 1. Firstly what do you mean by "blind follower"? Are you referring to me NOT openly questioning EVERYTHING that a program does? Does that make me a blind follower or does that make  me someone who has better things to do than write a dissertation on how a football program should be run? 2. Secondly, has it ever occured to you that this website would be the last place anyone ever would get info on how to run a program? 3. Lastly, I get everyone is entitled to their opinions, but when you come on here and put a program/coaches through the ringer, when in reality, they don't deserve it, I will come defend them and poke fun at you because I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. You make assumptions based on your bias, not facts. Programs put their team in the best spot to win. For some reason, Lumberton is held to a crazy high standard compared to other places. Why? IDK, but it is evident when you got a guy who bashes the program so hard. You must have a family member or close friend with a kid on the team, or you wouldn't be so adamant on blasting them so much.   

1. I wasn't referring to YOU as a blind follower - and if you have better things to do then why do you post on here at all?

2. I wasn't trying to get anyone (I assume you mean the coaches) to get info on how to run a program.

3. My "assumptions" are definitely not based on bias, I can assure you... I have no doubt those coaches are doing what they think is the best decision. Doesn't mean that they are right. Doesn't mean you or I am right either. I'm not adamant on blasting the coaches. I've done more over the years for that program (current program included) than you can ever imagine. I will continue to support them. That doesn't mean I have to agree with every decision. Hopefully through wins & losses they will prove that they made good decisions with the offense.

Until Silsbee, due to weather on two occasions, the Raiders have had a pretty easy schedule. That time is over. Now is the real challenge that I hope the coaches can overcome. It makes me think of a quote by MLK Jr. "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Can't wait for Friday Night! Let's Go Raiders!

6 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

All I know is the rest of the games for us start at 7 which happens to be when I get off of work so I'm counting on you RaiderGirl2010 and others to keep the board updated when we're not being broadcast.

If you haven't noticed, SETXsports broadcasts all of Lumberton games.

22 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

1. I wasn't referring to YOU as a blind follower - and if you have better things to do then why do you post on here at all?

2. I wasn't trying to get anyone (I assume you mean the coaches) to get info on how to run a program.

3. My "assumptions" are definitely not based on bias, I can assure you... I have no doubt those coaches are doing what they think is the best decision. Doesn't mean that they are right. Doesn't mean you or I am right either. I'm not adamant on blasting the coaches. I've done more over the years for that program (current program included) than you can ever imagine. I will continue to support them. That doesn't mean I have to agree with every decision. Hopefully through wins & losses they will prove that they made good decisions with the offense.

Until Silsbee, due to weather on two occasions, the Raiders have had a pretty easy schedule. That time is over. Now is the real challenge that I hope the coaches can overcome. It makes me think of a quote by MLK Jr. "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Can't wait for Friday Night! Let's Go Raiders!

You asked if I was a blind follower. I wanted to know what you meant by that. Like I said, you are entitled to your own opinions about the team, and their decisions. I believe they are making the right decisions and are doing everything they can to win games. I believe this game could be for the District Title.  One thing we can agree on is your last line. Ready for Friday to be here! Go Raiders!   🤘                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

9 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

All I know is the rest of the games for us start at 7 which happens to be when I get off of work so I'm counting on you RaiderGirl2010 and others to keep the board updated when we're not being broadcast.

Lets hope my phone works at other stadiums because it definitely doesn’t at ours and I have no idea why