Beaumont West Brook 46 Beaumont United 23/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

And so the streak continues.  WB exposed some things that hopefully the coaches can make adjustments on for the remaining 5 games and get this team in the playoffs...

I ran outta likes. Yall DBs gotta get back right. Offensive playcalling gotta get back right as well. Just a lil tidbit from a very reliable NS source (not a coach) Banks is back United week. 

Great game for the Bruins. Just feel the lights were to bright for a young program. The plays were there to be made on boths sides of the ball for United but the execution was very poor. Lots of lessons need to learned for the coaches and players.....And i just have to say......IN BIGTIME GAMES YOU CANNOT COACH SCARED....YOU CANNOT BE TIMID AND SOFT IN YOUR PLAYCALLING OFFENSE OR DEFENSE....ESPECIALLY IN A PRIMETIME RIVALRY GAME.......lets just say the playcalling really ticked me of...But Brook is the better team and it showed. I just thought United could have done so much more

5 minutes ago, workbootz said:

United was running the ball like they was winning.  Ran the exact same play three times in a row, then 4th down #5 had no intention of throwing the ball.  I'm not sure why the coach didn't double team #12.

He didn't double 12 cause the ball was gonna go elsewhere as in Hayes. Im surprised i didn't hear Peterson name called or Pierre name called more. Speaking of WR targets United missed #18 tonight: Hunt. 

5 minutes ago, workbootz said:

United was running the ball like they was winning.  Ran the exact same play three times in a row, then 4th down #5 had no intention of throwing the ball.  I'm not sure why the coach didn't double team #12.

Cause #1, #2, #8, and #16 will punish any defense that tries to double #12. They are actually daring people to double him.

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

He didn't double 12 cause the ball was gonna go elsewhere as in Hayes. Im surprised i didn't hear Peterson name called or Pierre name called more. Speaking of WR targets United missed #18 tonight: Hunt. 

Yes he is a big piece of the passing game but it doesn’t matter who is out there if the QB doesn’t let the ball go.  No telling how long #18 will be out so they have to figure something else out...

11 minutes ago, Bugatti said:

I thought BU had the  best coaching staff, the better QB, WRs, and Dbs.  #12 ate. What happened to BU WR  #6? Did he even have a catch 

Fractured wrist with a cast on it.  He shouldn’t even have been on the field in my opinion.  

Let him heal and give someone else a chance but hey I’m just a fan not a coach...

I really am proud of both teams. Gud effort.every team has flaws!! And imo the better coached team won.i thought both teams showed alot of heart.to me 3 things were the difference in the game.1 WB on kept slanting there dline and LBs in those A gaps and it clogged up the middle for BU.so I'll never know why they didn't try to run wide wit#7,28.and second BU corners played well.but the slot guys gave up the inside to easy to #12.especially when ur safety is 25yds deep.the zone read pass hurt them across the middle.and third BU let them off the hook by not going deep.most of the time no one was in the middle of the field.WB if they wanna be state contenders again they have to clean up the penalties!!

You knew how this game was going to go after the first drive.  West Brook drive the ball on the first possession with little to no resistance.  They utilized their best player(s) all night long.  It became the Thad (Johnson) and Yowman show and we could do little to stop it.  Thad in the running game, Thad in the slot, Thad on defense, ect.  Yowman was just picking us apart.  This kid is dead on accurate throwing around and though our defense with VERY LITTLE pressure.  This team...if they can continue their offensive onslaught, will do special things this year. very tough cover for anyone.  I'll be following this group VERY closely from here on out.  Sad thing is this could've been worse.  WB took their foot off the pedal late in this game.

We just didn't realize early that we needed to try something different on defense.  If you have to sell out and blitz hard, then so be it.  You just cant let stationary QB's just sit in the pocket and do this.  We allowed them over 300 yards passing and only pressured them ONCE.  You can't allow that all night long, which is what we did. You cannot keep giving their WR's 15 yard cushions and allow that short slant stuff all night long.  And for goodness sake, when you do have a chance to hit them and make them pay, you cant allow a WR's to shrug off a tackle and proceed untouched to the end zone.  I was very high on this defense, but this is the first time our pass D was tested and we failed miserably.  Get back in the lab and get back to work is all I can say.  Good thing is our secondary will not be tested like this until playoffs. Hope we get better by then. 

Offense could've did a lot of things better.  The little run looks like off tackle didn't work all night long.  Once series we ran it like 3 times in a row, like the same play literally with the same results. NO YARDS. With that said, there were some things that we seen that WB D COULDN'T stop, such as our QB running, but we went away from it.  You have to keep doing things that work until they stop it. Damn what you've been working on all week.  In the game, if you find something that works, keep going to it. With everything gone wrong on offense, you still in that 3rd quarter had a chance to make this interesting.  4th down while in the red zone, you take a sack instead of just throwing the ball in the end zone.  It's 4th down.  worse case scenario, it's intercepted in the end zone.  But had he looked to the right, #3 was sitting in the end zone wide open. 

Bottom line, our kids were not prepared and looked confused, lost and defeated.  Our coaching staff looked confused and lost. Looks as if they've never seen this before.  Makes me wonder what was being worked on all week in practice.

WB, go on and run the table and make another deep run and give NS heck, even though that's a tall order.  BU, keep improving pull yourself together and Get king on the road as that will be another tough matchup. I know we'll still have one of our key players out, but Someone else will need to step up until this kid gets back.

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You knew how this game was going to go after the first drive.  West Brook drive the ball on the first possession with little to no resistance.  They utilized their best player(s) all night long.  It became the Thad (Johnson) and Yowman show and we could do little to stop it.  Thad in the running game, Thad in the slot, Thad on defense, ect.  Yowman was just picking us apart.  This kid is dead on accurate throwing around and though our defense with VERY LITTLE pressure.  This team...if they can continue their offensive onslaught, will do special things this year. very tough cover for anyone.  I'll be following this group VERY closely from here on out.  Sad thing is this could've been worse.  WB took their foot off the pedal late in this game.

We just didn't realize early that we needed to try something different on defense.  If you have to sell out and blitz hard, then so be it.  You just cant let stationary QB's just sit in the pocket and do this.  We allowed them over 300 yards passing and only pressured them ONCE.  You can't allow that all night long, which is what we did. You cannot keep giving their WR's 15 yard cushions and allow that short slant stuff all night long.  And for goodness sake, when you do have a chance to hit them and make them pay, you cant allow a WR's to shrug off a tackle and proceed untouched to the end zone.  I was very high on this defense, but this is the first time our pass D was tested and we failed miserably.  Get back in the lab and get back to work is all I can say.  Good thing is our secondary will not be tested like this until playoffs. Hope we get better by then. 

Offense could've did a lot of things better.  The little run looks like off tackle didn't work all night long.  Once series we ran it like 3 times in a row, like the same play literally with the same results. NO YARDS. With that said, there were some things that we seen that WB D COULDN'T stop, such as our QB running, but we went away from it.  You have to keep doing things that work until they stop it. Damn what you've been working on all week.  In the game, if you find something that works, keep going to it. With everything gone wrong on offense, you still in that 3rd quarter had a chance to make this interesting.  4th down while in the red zone, you take a sack instead of just throwing the ball in the end zone.  It's 4th down.  worse case scenario, it's intercepted in the end zone.  But had he looked to the right, #3 was sitting in the end zone wide open. 

Bottom line, our kids were not prepared and looked confused, lost and defeated.  Our coaching staff looked confused and lost. Looks as if they've never seen this before.  Makes me wonder what was being worked on all week in practice.

WB, go on and run the table and make another deep run and give NS heck, even though that's a tall order.  BU, keep improving pull yourself together and Get king on the road as that will be another tough matchup. I know we'll still have one of our key players out, but Someone else will need to step up until this kid gets back.

This guy was so distraught after the game he bought poison from Taco Bell, that's how bad it was. 🥤

10 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

That's a lot of typing just to say West Brook is the better team. United needs to lock back in and prepare for CE King.