Barbers Hill 40 Nederland 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

No unity it seems u can see it from the stands I am use to other players trying to fire each other's up when we are down never seen a bulldog team lack that since the years before Neumann came his last group of players graduated last year are all gone now its up to the coaches to try to get them back on track I love my dogs So lets get started back against Crosby next Friday we have the skill players just need to improve our lines play

13 minutes ago, oldman said:

Dang.  A few days ago you were singing praises about your Dogs!

No,what I was saying was the talent is there,but they have zero leadership and do not play as a team,too much “I”.....Ive always said talented enough to win district but if can’t figure it out they may not win a game,you see what road they are taking!!!

16 minutes ago, chorizo said:

No,what I was saying was the talent is there,but they have zero leadership and do not play as a team,too much “I”.....Ive always said talented enough to win district but if can’t figure it out they may not win a game,you see what road they are taking!!!

That’s exactly what I see. Plenty of talent no doubt. 

8 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Would love to see the Dogs win, but this year they have a combination of NO talent and POOR coaching.  The players appear extremely soft with no desire to win.  Has to be the worst Nederland team in many years. Look for 1-9 or possibly 2-8. Hope next year is better

Wow... that’s a mouthful. There’s talent, same 2 running backs who combined for over 1500 yds rushing last year, and will take our coaching over 99 percent of what’s out there...

12 minutes ago, outanup said:

Wow... that’s a mouthful. There’s talent, same 2 running backs who combined for over 1500 yds rushing last year, and will take our coaching over 99 percent of what’s out there...

I would certainly agree with you on talent and coaching if they were not 1-4 with only 1 of the losses being close. If there is talent  and the coaches are preparing them weekly, why are they so bad this year?

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

I would certainly agree with you on talent and coaching if they were not 1-4 with only 1 of the losses being close. If there is talent  and the coaches are preparing them weekly, why are they so bad this year?

Both lines are bad that's for sure. They have skill position guys that can ball. 

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle said:

I was surprised how easily the Dogs rolled over. Not at all like the Teams of old.

Well what does your Dog do when you scratch his belly?  This has got to be one of the best worst Nederland teams ever in the history of the program.  There will be 2 records set this year for their program, lowest points scored and most points allowed.  I read all these posts and talk to a large group of high school football enthusiasts and i feel bad for them, and thats coming from a die hard purple bleeding Indian fan.  Oh well just 1 Mid-County team representing this year.

I thought  Ned had some good skill players and the QB wasn’t bad, threw a couple of well defended passes right on the money. The Hill simply out matched the Dogs in the trenches limiting yards on the ground as well as not letting the QB sit in the pocket. On the other side BH benefited from line play and a well balanced attack to keep the Dog D at bay. Still don’t know if these Eagles are contenders or not each week the are getting better though. They do not rely on a couple of players they are truly a team and each game plan has been custom to who we play. Any who  mark BH out for the homecoming schedules BH has a good Junior and Sophomore class and look to be pretty good for the next several years! 

I don’t think the year is lost.  Talent is there, just not in the trenches and special teams.  We still have one best coaching staff in the area.  They will make some changes and I hope we will be competitive.  Some guys may be going both ways.

The Hill exposed all these problems.  They were hitting on all cylinders.  That blocked punt the line crumbled like dominos. 

34 minutes ago, A BUC 77 said:

I don’t think the year is lost.  Talent is there, just not in the trenches and special teams.  We still have one best coaching staff in the area.  They will make some changes and I hope we will be competitive.  Some guys may be going both ways.

The Hill exposed all these problems.  They were hitting on all cylinders.  That blocked punt the line crumbled like dominos. 

Started off 1-4 in 2009 still made the playoffs I expect the Bulldogs to do the same in 2019.

23 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Started off 1-4 in 2009 still made the playoffs I expect the Bulldogs to do the same in 2019.

Agreed great coaches can get a team to focus, and play hard. Nederland has been and will be a contender for the playoffs at the end of the season.  If it comes down to a victory over PNG to make it, somehow Nederland almost always seems to find a way.  All of us PNG fans are well aware of their coaches and team strengths. Watch out for this team to improve. 

2 hours ago, png9mon said:

Agreed great coaches can get a team to focus, and play hard. Nederland has been and will be a contender for the playoffs at the end of the season.  If it comes down to a victory over PNG to make it, somehow Nederland almost always seems to find a way.  All of us PNG fans are well aware of their coaches and team strengths. Watch out for this team to improve. 

Have you seen Ned in the trenches this yr?

3 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Does BH lose a district game this year?

honestly they have terrible luck vs the cougars and I believe this is a late season game this year. Could be fun.

In that wacky district it's possible but after what i saw Friday i say no.