Crosby 44 Dayton 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

Ugh. Crosby runs back the punt for a TD but....penalty. 

in HS, a kid can’t blindside another kid on returns. Even legal shoulder contact.  I haven’t seen any team get away with those type of “head on a swivel” blocks. 

that’s seems different this year. 

8 hours ago, texbuzz said:

Worst offensive line play I have ever seen in a HS team. 

that’s not on the kids. 

they don’t know how to use their hands. 

Yeah, I was surprised. I predicted Crosby to win by 14 cause of rivalry aspect, but WOW. Agree, so much isn’t on the kids. They are falling to that self fulfilling losing mentality quicker each week. Last week against the Hill, they held close a lot longer. Adults need to do better for them. When Cal and Bill O’Brien screw the Texans the players are still millionaires, and they don’t have to walk the hallways in school getting belittled. Dr. Edward Deming, the most famous management consultant of all time said, “it’s never the fault of the worker when results are bad, always the fault of management. “ I hope the management gets it together soon. These seniors deserve quality leadership to learn lessons to carry into their life. Football and the military (if managed correctly) are the best vehicles for this.

1 hour ago, CCbigfan said:

Congrats to crosby for getting off the matt, but we really cant put much into this win because dayton is baaaadddd!!! crosbys offense is 8th grade level at best. 

The offense need's improvement I agree. However we have a talent pool that exceeds 8th graders That is an insult to the kids. Be more specific on what is the problem.

5 minutes ago, GURU said:

The offense need's improvement I agree. However we have a talent pool that exceeds 8th graders That is an insult to the kids. Be more specific on what is the problem.

Ok...the coaches run an 8th grade style offense. When the QB drops back to pass, we don’t always have to throw it 40-50 yards downfield. Apparently, the receivers have a low probability of catching that deep pass this year. The 2nd half, it looked like they worked on the short passes and that helped.  We can’t run the QB to death either.  That kid looked wore out in the 3rd quarter.  Hopefully, there will be a change at QB soon and Dunn can assume his RB role.  This will give the offense a whole new look.

What can I say, lots of opportunities but nothing capitalized on. I will say again not on the kids coaching staff good old boy system needs to go. This team used to be such a powerhouse. I still have my copy of the state game and it's hard to watch what it's become from 10-11yrs. ago. I don't expect us to go to state every year but it would be nice just to be able and compete in the district at this point anything would be an improvement of what it is now. I was told that we lost 3 players to grades, that's no excuse we lost 5 players for the entire 2008 season the year we went to state it's a coaching issue Dayton School board needs to figure it out.

If you take away GP Dayton has scored 7 pts in the other 4 games. Those 7 came against Porter with no time left on the clock and it was totally irrelevant. Be honest with you I have no idea where you would even start to be just competitive. Can’t block can’t get of blocks tackling is below average and have no real offensive or defensive scheme and turn the ball over a lot. Punter is good so that’s a positive and he will get a ton of work this year.  I knew when Crosby went for 2 in the first quarter and it was only 13-0 they where basically using this as a scrimmage. I say this because their kicker was really good and nobody in their right mind goes for 2 with a ton of time left in the first quarter unless you have no kicker or just don’t respect your opponent. I really hope these kids get at least one district win and I always want to see our local kids do well. Oh well should feel like football weather Friday night and still think high school football is the biggest bang for your buck in our great state. 

54 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

If you take away GP Dayton has scored 7 pts in the other 4 games. Those 7 came against Porter with no time left on the clock and it was totally irrelevant. Be honest with you I have no idea where you would even start to be just competitive. Can’t block can’t get of blocks tackling is below average and have no real offensive or defensive scheme and turn the ball over a lot. Punter is good so that’s a positive and he will get a ton of work this year.  I knew when Crosby went for 2 in the first quarter and it was only 13-0 they where basically using this as a scrimmage. I say this because their kicker was really good and nobody in their right mind goes for 2 with a ton of time left in the first quarter unless you have no kicker or just don’t respect your opponent. I really hope these kids get at least one district win and I always want to see our local kids do well. Oh well should feel like football weather Friday night and still think high school football is the biggest bang for your buck in our great state. 

Not sure if I agree with you stating they went for two as if in a scrimmage.  I’m leaning towards the coach “not in his right mind”. We scored first against New Caney and the coach went for two then and didn’t convert. Who does that in the first quarter on the first score with a kicker as good as this kid is ?  SMH. 

2 hours ago, CCRed said:

Not sure if I agree with you stating they went for two as if in a scrimmage.  I’m leaning towards the coach “not in his right mind”. We scored first against New Caney and the coach went for two then and didn’t convert. Who does that in the first quarter on the first score with a kicker as good as this kid is ?  SMH. 

Chip Kelly. 

45 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

LMAO...Funny

I never thought that we would be talking about how bad these two teams are. This is easily the worst Dayton team that I have ever known. 

Don’t get me wrong Crosby really isn’t that bad but the scheme and play calling is terrible. They gave manvel a run for their money. And we have a rb playing qb. They should make the playoffs off of talent alone. I seen someone put a statement on Facebook saying Crosby’s talent pool was down this year trying to make excuses for the coach which is a flat out lie. Crosby has some ballers on this team. 

I’d really like to know why we switched up offenses in the first place. Our offense last year wasn’t to blame for our 0-10 season. This flex bone offense cost us 5-6 turnovers a game. Our running game last year was down because of lack of blocking for a dang good back like Santee, but our passing game was strong. We should do some switching back before it’s too late. Our returning coaches and players should remember the spread. If we had 200 fans there last night I’d be surprised, and that’s a shame and it’s probably just gonna get worse. I don’t know, something gotta give, just never been a fan of a run heavy team i guess. 

13 hours ago, CCRed said:

Ok...the coaches run an 8th grade style offense. When the QB drops back to pass, we don’t always have to throw it 40-50 yards downfield. Apparently, the receivers have a low probability of catching that deep pass this year. The 2nd half, it looked like they worked on the short passes and that helped.  We can’t run the QB to death either.  That kid looked wore out in the 3rd quarter.  Hopefully, there will be a change at QB soon and Dunn can assume his RB role.  This will give the offense a whole new look.

CC what’s the deal with this QB I keep hearing about? Does he have an Austin hearing or something? 

6 hours ago, CCbigfan said:

Don’t get me wrong Crosby really isn’t that bad but the scheme and play calling is terrible. They gave manvel a run for their money. And we have a rb playing qb. They should make the playoffs off of talent alone. I seen someone put a statement on Facebook saying Crosby’s talent pool was down this year trying to make excuses for the coach which is a flat out lie. Crosby has some ballers on this team. 

I mean our RB should be our backup shortyardage RB and our QB should be an RB that makes your depth look bad because of that cascade. 

14 hours ago, CCRed said:

You are CORRECT SIR! Thankyou for being spot on point!😉  Why go for the hailmary on 1st nd ten... With 09:59 seconds in the 1st qt??? We have other options offensively which showed Friday Night... We are talent wise THE BEST TEAM in our district... We shall see next week... I stand behind the Coaching Staff nd we wiil prevail You are a true Cougar Fan!!! We are family for life #GO COOG'S

On 10/5/2019 at 5:06 PM, bronco pride said:

Stats for the game. Dayton had 45yds rushing on 35 attempts. 2-12 passing for 15yds and 6 fumbles 5 lost. But they did have 5 first downs.

I was trying to stay positive in the lead up to this game. I thought maybe things just weren't firing right. But after Friday's performance, I regrettably have to say it.. This might be the worst FB team in all of SETX.

It is a complete failure. No high school football team should be this bad. Especially one with such a history of high performance over the last 25 years. I don't even know what to say about how bad Dayton Bronco football is, I mean this is like some old Houston Scarborough type stuff. Less than 100yds of offense AGAIN. Shut out on the scoreboard AGAIN. Terrible, absolutely terrible.