Port Neches-Groves 18 Vidor 10/FINAL

WOSgrad

26 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee scored 14 points in 2nd half vs. PN-G. Indians led 28-21 at half, won 48-35.

Your’re right, thanks. I thought they hit 28 before the half, but it was 28-21 at the half, and silsbee scores early to tie it. 14 still shows a stronger second half than the first. Now just need to get those adjustments made sooner. Also, Tomball scored all 9 of their points in the second half. 

5 hours ago, prepballfan said:

I know who he is and I am asking him a serious question. We played a great defensive game without twou starting lb’s and an ejected starting lineman this is not a poke at him?

I didn’t see that game,maybe better than the Lee game,,I wasn’t impressed at game I watched,Wasn’t trying to take a jab at anyone!!I just call it like I see it,with that being said,might be worse Nederland team I’ve ever seen!!!!!

1 hour ago, chorizo said:

I didn’t see that game,maybe better than the Lee game,,I wasn’t impressed at game I watched,Wasn’t trying to take a jab at anyone!!I just call it like I see it,with that being said,might be worse Nederland team I’ve ever seen!!!!!

I am truly sorry to hear that. I have a lot of family at Nederland

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

I am truly sorry to hear that. I have a lot of family at Nederland

Is what it is,just not good football,hard to watch!!I really think they have the talent to be good,just no leaders and to many kids playing for themselves and not each other or team!!!Sad sad sad!!But I will follow whoever goes to playoffs cause it won’t be Nederland!!!

1 hour ago, chorizo said:

Is what it is,just not good football,hard to watch!!I really think they have the talent to be good,just no leaders and to many kids playing for themselves and not each other or team!!!Sad sad sad!!But I will follow whoever goes to playoffs cause it won’t be Nederland!!!

Sounds like an accountability & coaching issue.

I know my son was upset, they really wanted to beat PNG. He feels like it might be the last time we play them and he might be right depending on what happens next year, it could be his last chance anyways. That group of boys has came up just short so many times against the Indians but they always play them tough and they really do have a lot of respect for their program.

3 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I know my son was upset, they really wanted to beat PNG. He feels like it might be the last time we play them and he might be right depending on what happens next year.

Aren’t the schools just about exactly  the same size? I can’t imagine we stop playing Vidor ever. We’ve been playing for nearly a century. We’ll just play in the preseason if not in the same district. 

3 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I know my son was upset, they really wanted to beat PNG. He feels like it might be the last time we play them and he might be right depending on what happens next year.

Snapshot Day gonna be real interesting for you guys. 

6 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Aren’t the schools just about exactly  the same size? I can’t imagine we stop playing Vidor ever. We’ve been playing for nearly a century. We’d play in the preseason if not in the same district. 

I would think they’d schedule it, there is talk of us moving down with our numbers falling from people leaving the flood zones. I think were around 1300 now.

8 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I know my son was upset, they really wanted to beat PNG. He feels like it might be the last time we play them and he might be right depending on what happens next year, it could be his last chance anyways. That group of boys has came up just short so many times against the Indians but they always play them tough and they really do have a lot of respect for their program.

ALWAYS much RESPECT for the Pirates from the Reservation!

12 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I would think they’d schedule it, there is talk of us moving down with our numbers falling from people leaving the flood zones. I think were around 1300 now.

I was told we were in the 1100’s last year. I am sure going into next year our numbers will drop even more due to Tropical Storm Imelda. A lot people not coming back.

22 minutes ago, Realville said:

I was told we were in the 1100’s last year. I am sure going into next year our numbers will drop even more due to Tropical Storm Imelda. A lot people not coming back.

Probably so, I was just going off a ranking website I saw. Probably the old number from realignment and we were still by far the lowest in our district.

One last post from me on Refs.  I haven’t been to a game since my G’son played his last one two years ago.   Old back isn’t in great shape.  Anyway, I sit here and bounce from post to post looking at a lot of games/post.  Never remember seeing so many comments about officiating as I’ve seen this year.  Not even close.

But here’s the deal.  There’s not as many people going into officiating, and love’em or hate’em, they’re a necessary part of the game.  The result of all this is naturally, a reduction in the quality of officiating.   It’s a problem that will get even worse as time goes by.  Frustrating, for players and fans.

28 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Probably so, I was just going off a ranking website I saw. Probably the old number from realignment and we were still by far the lowest in our district.

Yea, that’s probably an old number. Matthews said we dipped below 1200 last year. We’re definitely the smallest school in this district by far.

Vidor snapshot number for last realignment was 1331

This is the hidden content, please

Scroll down and click on rank order. Shows enrollment for every school

Top number for 4A D1 was 1149 so vidor was around 180 kids from being 4A

This is the hidden content, please