Newton 62 Spring Legacy School of Sports Sciences 27/FINAL

WOSgrad

Newton didn't play like a team that will be in contention for a third consecutive state championship.  Poor blocking in the offensive line. Poor adjustments by the defense.  I know they scored a lot if points but, I think they played poorly.  I've never called the coaches out before,  but I think they just didn't adjust well. They need to fix the offensive line.  And putting pressure on the quarterback and allowing him to run it up your gut, series after series.  They only thing that stopped him is that he went out with and injury. If they don't improve,  they don't get out of their Region. 

32 minutes ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

Newton didn't play like a team that will be in contention for a third consecutive state championship.  Poor blocking in the offensive line. Poor adjustments by the defense.  I know they scored a lot if points but, I think they played poorly.  I've never called the coaches out before,  but I think they just didn't adjust well. They need to fix the offensive line.  And putting pressure on the quarterback and allowing him to run it up your gut, series after series.  They only thing that stopped him is that he went out with and injury. If they don't improve,  they don't get out of their Region. 

I can see how you come away from this game with that opinion but in all honesty I don’t believe you are giving Legacy enough credit.

4 hours ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

How do you know the adjustments weren’t being made? Could possible be that the adjustments were being made but the players weren’t executing? I was standing down by the sidelines and I heard the coaches making the adjustments and then the players were on the field doing the same thing over again and could hear the coaches hollering “we just talked about this.” So I beg to differ the coaches were making adjustments on defense I personally saw it with my eyes. I also guess it was the coaches fault that they missed tons of tackles in second half when the back up QB you are talking about was in. They had the QB running all over the place they were getting plenty of pressure on him. Not sure what game you were watching though. Hey though guess what the other team practices too and they are going to make plays that’s what happens in football games. Two of the scores came on QB scrambles and the DBs just lost their man and they threw it down the field and scored. Notice I said scrambles because of the pressure on QB. The other score in 2nd half was multiple missed tackles on an athlete who was at QB who made a few plays and broke the long run for a TD. So before you start throwing shade at the coaches on adjustments you may want to go rewatch the game or pay better attention to the game. 

Some of the stuff Newton did last year just won’t happen as much this year. We lost 3 D1’s. Most of our players are playing both ways. None of that was a factor the past 2 years. If we start blowing teams out then we haven’t played anybody. I think we’re doing great. 

The game today was out of synch with the norm of regular Fri night games. Having an unexpected game on Sat I expected to see just what we saw  today. Newton got the job done against a team that could probably win against any of their district rivals. They had size speed and athletes all over the field. To me this was a conditioning game for Newton. Newton will step up when time comes. Expect to see Newton again @ AT&T.

9 hours ago, EaglesFootball said:

How do you know the adjustments weren’t being made? Could possible be that the adjustments were being made but the players weren’t executing? I was standing down by the sidelines and I heard the coaches making the adjustments and then the players were on the field doing the same thing over again and could hear the coaches hollering “we just talked about this.” So I beg to differ the coaches were making adjustments on defense I personally saw it with my eyes. I also guess it was the coaches fault that they missed tons of tackles in second half when the back up QB you are talking about was in. They had the QB running all over the place they were getting plenty of pressure on him. Not sure what game you were watching though. Hey though guess what the other team practices too and they are going to make plays that’s what happens in football games. Two of the scores came on QB scrambles and the DBs just lost their man and they threw it down the field and scored. Notice I said scrambles because of the pressure on QB. The other score in 2nd half was multiple missed tackles on an athlete who was at QB who made a few plays and broke the long run for a TD. So before you start throwing shade at the coaches on adjustments you may want to go rewatch the game or pay better attention to the game. 

My son told me that he had heard Legacy won their State championship last year. Any truth to that?

Do you know how Nate is? Heard he had a concussion.

42 minutes ago, Newtonres75-86 said:

My son told me that he had heard Legacy won their State championship last year. Any truth to that?

Do you know how Nate is? Heard he had a concussion.

Yes they did win a state championship. When I talked to him after game he said oh I’m alright. They took me out for precautionary. So that’s all I know about that. 

• 2 weeks later...