ALDS- Houston Astros vs Tampa Bay Rays

10 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Cole is da man

Up until his last start, I had Verlander as the frontrunner for the Cy, as did most everyone. Now, after Verlander laid the proverbial egg and Cole’s performance last night, Cole is da man (as you said). Still some ball to be played, so it could still be a coin flip. Either way, Astros need to keep both.

7 hours ago, baddog said:

Up until his last start, I had Verlander as the frontrunner for the Cy, as did most everyone. Now, after Verlander laid the proverbial egg and Cole’s performance last night, Cole is da man (as you said). Still some ball to be played, so it could still be a coin flip. Either way, Astros need to keep both.

I thought the writers had to vote before the playoffs started. Seems like I heard that playoff baseball wouldn't help Bregman in the mvp either.

4 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I thought the writers had to vote before the playoffs started. Seems like I heard that playoff baseball wouldn't help Bregman in the mvp either.

Not sure. Seems unfair that another pitcher wins the Cy when you pitched game 7 of a WS and won while striking out 15. (just  my own scenario)

50 minutes ago, baddog said:

Not sure. Seems unfair that another pitcher wins the Cy when you pitched game 7 of a WS and won while striking out 15. (just  my own scenario)

Its a regular season award so votes were done before the playoffs.  I think Cole has been more dominant, but JV more consistent.  Cole got off to a rough start, but has dominated in the last few months. I would lean Cole

As for MVP, Trout may be the best player on the planet, but he missed the end of the season and his team was never in the playoff hunt.  I don’t think the MVP of the league should be sitting home watching in October.  Give me Bregman.