Dayton vs. Crosby

dayton

Who would have thought that on the Wednesday before the Hwy 90 shootout, that there'd be no thread for this game? I'm optimistic and believe things aren't as bad for either program as everyone seems to think. Predictions? Hopes? Dreams?

The Bronco defense has honestly been pretty dang good this year. I think the offense will move the ball this week and give the D the rest they need to keep the Cougars at bay. This will be a good high school football game. I'll say Broncos 31-28.

Defense is much improved and didn't allow much of anything in the first half (and beyond) of the games against Porter and BH. Both teams that were supposed to run roughshod over them. 212 yds of offense to Porter and 311 to BH.  They're also tackling much better. 

Dayton’s Defense was definitely pretty good which led to a good game with BH till the half. Dayton may put enough on the board this week to pull out the win in a low scoring game at home. Never thought I would see the day either that both of these teams would be this down and this game be a non event.

2 hours ago, dayton said:

Defense is much improved and didn't allow much of anything in the first half (and beyond) of the games against Porter and BH. Both teams that were supposed to run roughshod over them. 212 yds of offense to Porter and 311 to BH.  They're also tackling much better. 

Dayton scored on last play verse Porter ....never threatened at all to score.  Porter shot themselves in the foot.

BH shot themselves in foot as well .  But looked like they dominated the 2nd Half.   27-0.

DAYTON is BAD

34 minutes ago, oldman said:

Dayton scored on last play verse Porter ....never threatened at all to score.  Porter shot themselves in the foot.

BH shot themselves in foot as well .  But looked like they dominated the 2nd Half.   27-0.

DAYTON is BAD

+1 They have basically been shut out in 3 out of 4 games. The 7pts against Porter was  literally the last play of the game. Hope I’m wrong but Crosby 17-7.

1 minute ago, bronco pride said:

+1 They have basically been shut out in 3 out of 4 games. The 7pts against Porter was with literally the last play of the game. Hope I’m wrong but Crosby 17-7.

I know what you're saying is probably true, I'm just trying to find something positive to say. You never know, maybe this week their "new" offense will take shape and score a few TD's? It doesn't look too good, but I'm hoping...

39 minutes ago, oldman said:

DAYTON is BAD

Alright, Gary. I never mentioned the offense even being good. I said they'd do enough to give the defense the needed rest. The defense has played well and created plenty of the other teams' foot shooting. I know you're just stirring.

I think people are slightly overreacting to the vidor win over Crosby. Vidor isn’t great, but I did watch them scrimmage Silsbee.. they aren’t really that bad either. They had a pretty decent passing “game” that day. And their defense pretty much held Silsbee in check for the most part (from what I remember)... with that said, I would take Crosby over Dayton easily.