MLB Playoffs

11 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Bats aren't. Pitchers aren't. Same balls thrown to both teams? Some just cant hit it. But I do agree. Balls are definitely flying more.

Verlander was complaining about it earlier in the season and the MLB denied it.  The numbers don’t lie.  It seems everyone is just trying to hit solo homers.  I miss the good old days where players got on base and manufactured runs.  

Final AAA Home Run Totals:

2018 - 3,652

2019 - 5,749

AAA games switched to MLB baseballs in 2019.

This is the hidden content, please

Man, I remember seeing old back and white home run derby on TV. Mays, mantle, Aaron, those guys were monsters. And to do what they did in that era is remarkable. Today's game is way different. There's no more small ball. It's all or nothing. The Astros made history this season by being the 1st team to not issue an intentional walk. Among many other records as well. Just a different era with many changes to come. Next season it'll be a 3 batter minimum for all pitchers. No more, awe this guy can't get an out, pull him for a reliever.

36 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Good game going on now between the Braves and Cards.  3-3 in the bottom of 8

Braves are about to be in a bad spot if this game goes extras.  They have already used 6 pitchers.  A little overmanaging early may come back to bite them.  

Good thing it's just the Cardinals.

(that would have sounded better had Lazeek been here)