Is Hampshire Fannett the "REAL DEAL" this year

BADSANTA

HF is impressive.  QB has just improved every year over the last 3 years I have seen him.  They have two rb's to compliment him that can gain good yards as well.  Not much of a threat through the air.  Defensively they are not bad, but they will have to win shootouts against the better teams in Region III to have a chance when the playoffs roll around.

37 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I dont see then beating Silsbee but it will be a good game. 

Look at what you're  saying.  Obviously,  this Silsbee  team at this point  is not as good as last year's.  Clearly, this year's H-F team is better than last year's.   And Silsbee beat that team by 1 point.   This year, unless Silsbee gets substantially  better, I can see them losing to H-F...

I wouldn't say HF is the real deal.  They will get 3rd at best in their district. District losses will come to WOS and Silsbee. Now, if they go out and blow out Liberty and beat Silsbee to play for a district championship against WOS then they can be considered the real deal. Until then, can this notion that they are.   

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Look at what you're  saying.  Obviously,  this Silsbee  team at this point  is not as good as last year's.  Clearly, this year's H-F team is better than last year's.   And Silsbee beat that team by 1 point.   This year, unless Silsbee gets substantially  better, I can see them losing to H-F...

Wasn't Silsbee 2-3 at this point with wins over Bridge City and Lumberton last year?

This year they are 2-2 with wins over Nederland and a better Lumberton team. I believe they would have beat BC had the game been played.

I think this year's offense is as good, defense getting better. It is reasonable for Silsbee to be as good as last years team at the time they play H-F. Personally, I thought last years Silsbee team didn't start peaking till the playoffs.

28 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Wasn't Silsbee 2-3 at this point with wins over Bridge City and Lumberton last year?

This year they are 2-2 with wins over Nederland and a better Lumberton team. I believe they would have beat BC had the game been played.

I think this year's offense is as good, defense getting better. It is reasonable for Silsbee to be as good as last years team at the time they play H-F. Personally, I thought last years Silsbee team didn't start peaking till the playoffs.

I saw the switch get turned on in that first WO-S game.  They wasnt  peaking, but that was the when the buildup to peaking began.  

But really good points above though.. 

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Pretty much we said the same thing right?