Week 6 State Rankings

AggiesAreWe

51 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

No disrespect to you or the Buckeye faithful, but you do realize that you are the only 2 loss team in the Top 10?  So I think that DCTF really does think a lot of you.

I was just trying to get some conversation going. To be honest I can't figure us out. We can't score. We haven't been able to score for 2 years on a consistent basis. We just can't seem to get some of the important positions filled with the correct people if you know what I mean. 

1 minute ago, lostaussie said:

I was just trying to get some conversation going. To be honest I can't figure us out. We can't score. We haven't been able to score for 2 years on a consistent basis. We just can't seem to get some of the important positions filled with the correct people if you know what I mean. 

Yeah, but your defense is a heck of a lot better than I recall. 

As to other issue regarding important decisions, it may be time to find out what the namesake for your stadium is doing these days.

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Ahhh look at all the ranked ppl complaining, we're not ranked, don't see us complaining 😂

If your rank, does'nt that mean you stink.  For example, "The smell from the skunk was very rank."😄 lol

Once again rankings mean nothing!!!  How 'bout we just play as solid, good football as possible week to week!

That way we will see who ends up in the playoffs, regardless of where they rank!

51 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Yeah, but your defense is a heck of a lot better than I recall. 

As to other issue regarding important decisions, it may be time to find out what the namesake for your stadium is doing these days.

With the way things are about to get rolling if Arkansas has another bad season it wouldn't be such a bad idea, way less stressful job. 

1 hour ago, png9mon said:

If your rank, does'nt that mean you stink.  For example, "The smell from the skunk was very rank."😄 lol

Once again rankings mean nothing!!!  How 'bout we just play as solid, good football as possible week to week!

That way we will see who ends up in the playoffs, regardless of where they rank!

So what you are telling us (SETXsports and DCTF) that we are just wasting our time with putting out rankings each week.

Think I will make PN-G #1 next week

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

So what you are telling us (SETXsports and DCTF) that we are just wasting our time with putting out rankings each week.

Think I will make PN-G #1 next week

Wacky rankings anyway, do what you feel is best!😄 Still means nothing! The only thing that matters is who wins the football game, not if you were ranked higher, or not,  than the team that you beat!

5 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Wacky rankings anyway, do what you feel is best!😄 Still means nothing! The only thing that matters is who wins the football game, not if you were ranked higher, or not,  than the team that you beat!

By you making already three posts on this thread tells me that rankings do mean something.

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

By you making already three posts on this thread tells me that rankings do mean something.

You are right rankings do have a great meaningful place in our society, in someone's mind on a piece of paper.  So I stand corrected they do mean something, the cost of a thought, and a piece of paper. However, in application of the best team in any given situation during real football games, they still mean absolutely nothing!

My 4th post should make it clear where I stand.  

22 minutes ago, png9mon said:

You are right rankings do have a great meaningful place in our society, in someone's mind on a piece of paper.  So I stand corrected they do mean something, the cost of a thought, and a piece of paper. However, in application of the best team in any given situation during real football games, they still mean absolutely nothing!

My 4th post should make it clear where I stand.  

You said rankings mean nothing. I can show you where they put four teams in a playoff to play for a National Championship. Also, in Louisiana, they use a ranking system to make up the high school playoffs. Those are much more meaningful than a thought and a piece of paper.

Rankings both mean “nothing” and “something” at the same time. They don’t tell you who will win the game on Friday, but they do give you a reasonable prediction of who might. That is, rankings mean nothing for some purposes, but they are helpful for other purposes, especially if you happened to not know much about any of the teams. I’d say being on the list tells us more than where on the list you are. Looking at the top ten, knowing nothing about any of the teams, you would be highly confident that #1 would beat nearly any team in the state in that classification. You would be less confident saying #1 would beat #2, because they are likely too closely matched to make a strong prediction. And, you would be more confident saying that #1 would beat #10 than you would be saying that, for example, #9 would beat #10. All that being said, everyone knows Huntsville is better than PNG, but Huntsville also lost two games in a row (albeit to really good teams) and rankings always punish losses. That’s a big way rankings are not helpful- they don’t seem to factor in who you lost to. On the other hand, most two-loss teams would drop out of the top ten, so maybe Huntsville is getting credit for its quality of losses. Just thinking out loud.