The Hill at The Dog Pound!!!

chorizo

6 hours ago, Blockdownandkickout! said:

Serious question why do people call BH the ant mound? Where did that come from? Not being sarcastic just wondering? 

It actually  started  around  2008 when Dayton was relevant  and played for State. The Hill had a lot of little jackals posters 😎 that was jealous of the  Broncs and BS would fly back and forth sometimes  for 30/40 pages before  the game. Mont Belveiw is built  on the world's  largest salt dome ( the dome evolved  into  the  hill)and the Barber family  was one of the  first family's to settle  and help establish the community.  Hence Barbers Hill.       So as trash talking  goes and to be as disrespectful  as we could  the ant hill or ant mond came into play.

5 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but Ned is 1-3 with two losses to smaller schools and their only win is over a pushover, while BH is 3-1 with two of the three being quality wins. I don't care if Ned is at home or not, BH will walk away easily with this. BH by 14 only if Ned can score late.    

Quality wins? Montgomery (1-3), KWP, and Dayton (1-3) are horrible this year. KWP (1-3) with a win over Waltrip could be stretched to a quality win if it makes you feel better. I think if BH hits on all cylinders, they are dangerous, but I've watched 3 of the 4 games and it's been very inconsistent and alot of unnecessary penalties.

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

Quality wins? Montgomery (1-3), KWP, and Dayton (1-3) are horrible this year. KWP (1-3) with a win over Waltrip could be stretched to a quality win if it makes you feel better. I think if BH hits on all cylinders, they are dangerous, but I've watched 3 of the 4 games and it's been very inconsistent and alot of unnecessary penalties.

Then sit at home and make it 3 out of 5 games you have attended..... sure the BH faithful won’t be missing you.

The dogs have talent no doubt. I have seen Nederland take down teams with way more talent in years past because they were disciplined.  That’s something I feel this team is lacking.  Maybe it’s just different times but I have a hard time believing CT at WOS would let things like going through the motions during pre-game and talking to cheerleaders in the middle of the game fly.  The little things add up and when you can’t practice and stay focused the right way, you’re gonna have silly penalties and frustrating mistakes when it’s game time. Really hope you guys can turn it around because you really have some good talent. 

Go dogs!

20 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but Ned is 1-3 with two losses to smaller schools and their only win is over a pushover, while BH is 3-1 with two of the three being quality wins. I don't care if Ned is at home or not, BH will walk away easily with this. BH by 14 only if Ned can score late.    

For the rest of the season, follow the teams Nederland lost to.  Yes two are smaller teams, but far from typical. 

Guest ECBucFan

Of course, I understand it was WOS and Silsbee. The 1 point loss to WOS was not too bad, but losing by 16 to smaller Silsbee (who was TRASHED by 3a-II Newton)? That was not a good look. Had Newton and Ned played, tiny Newton would have won by 50! 

Ned is 1-3. I do not think they can beat BH.    

12 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Of course, I understand it was WOS and Silsbee. The 1 point loss to WOS was not too bad, but losing by 16 to smaller Silsbee (who was TRASHED by 3a-II Newton)? That was not a good look. Had Newton and Ned played, tiny Newton would have won by 50! 

Ned is 1-3. I do not think they can beat BH.    

Newton does not beat Nederland by 50.

Get real.

4 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Then Newton beats Ned by 42. 

Happy now?

Nor 42.

Why just use the Silsbee game in your comparison?

Since you like comparing games as a way to predict outcomes, why not use WO-S game? 21-20 loss but Newton only beat the Mustangs by 6. So by that comparison it seems Newton is really only about as much as 10 points better than Nederland.

Again, Nederlands numbers would keep the game closer than 42 point spread.

Guest ECBucFan

Remember all the discussion last year about Newton? Newton would have beat any team in the area except WB and several Houston schools like Katy and North Shore. This year Newton is not exactly the same team but not that much has changed. Newton would still pummel 1-3 Ned easily. 

BTW I don't care either way. I am neutral.

4 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Remember all the discussion last year about Newton? Newton would have beat any team in the area except WB and several Houston schools like Katy and North Shore. This year Newton is not exactly the same team but not that much has changed. Newton would still pummel Ned easily. 

Showing a great deal of care with those type comments.

1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

Remember all the discussion last year about Newton? Newton would have beat any team in the area except WB and several Houston schools like Katy and North Shore. This year Newton is not exactly the same team but not that much has changed. Newton would still pummel 1-3 Ned easily. 

Nothing has changed?? No offense to Newton and all their fans because they are the real deal, but are we talking about the same Newton that just got shut out? Newton will probably still win state, but i would say something has changed from last year.

Guest ECBucFan
4 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Nothing has changed?? No offense to Newton and all their fans because they are the real deal, but are we talking about the same Newton that just got shut out? Newton will probably still win state, but i would say something has changed from last year.

I did not say "nothing", did I? I said "not much". Lets be accurate. By and large, Newton is still Newton, and Newton would blast this 1-3 Nederland team, be it last year or this year. BTW, Silsbee (who beat Ned) struggled somewhat with Lumberton??   LOL

6 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

I did not say "nothing", did I? I said "not much". Lets be accurate. By and large, Newton is still Newton, and Newton would blast this 1-3 Nederland team, be it last year or this year. BTW, Silsbee (who beat Ned) struggled somewhat with Lumberton??   LOL

And Nederland barely lost to wos, does that automatically mean that Silsbee will beat wos? And wos hung with Newton, so that doesn’t equal Newton blasting Nederland. Can’t always compare common opponents 

25 minutes ago, Hagar said:

In the Pound.  In the mud, BH wins by 3.   If Ned wins, this District is really up for grabs.  Currently, most think it's between PNG & BH.   I doubt DC will be undefeated in Dist play.  

Btw, this ought to be a durn good one for those in attendance.  

Even if Ned doesn’t win, this district is up for grabs. It currently resembles a tallest midget contest.