Predictions: Beaumont West Brook vs Beaumont United

Alpha Wolf

Wb by 7 to 10

sterling/United game was very telling.

sterling is bottom of the barrel bad and you only win by 10.  Imelda or not should ve hung at least 40 them

WB didn’t look that great vs king but I believe the coaches were holding back some on the play calling. 

peevey and coaching staff will have them ready

much better game than last year

i think this game will be similar to the wb/ central game in 2016 if my memory serves me right.

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Wb by 7 to 10

sterling/United game was very telling.

sterling is bottom of the barrel bad and you only win by 10.  Imelda or not should ve hung at least 40 them

WB didn’t look that great vs king but I believe the coaches were holding back some on the play calling. 

peevey and coaching staff will have them ready

much better game than last year

i think this game will be similar to the wb/ central game in 2016 if my memory serves me right.

King defense is good thier front four was stout and  they have a safety going to OU!    WB wins big! 

West Brook is definitely a more battle tested team, and has beaten more quality opponents than United. The offense we displayed against King was very vanilla. I expect Coach Peevey to open up the playbook this week. If I was a betting man, I'd say Brook by 2 scores. But, these are high school kids, so I'll just keep my money. On paper, This is a game West Brook should win.

So I have a question out of curiosity because I’m completely ignorant of both teams this year except their 4-0 record.. why are people picking United to win or even a close game? It it because United is that much better than last year, or WB taking a step back? Thanks in advance for any input 

#9 West Brook is averaging 45 points offensively a game while giving up 27 points a game defensively.

United is averaging 35 points offensively a game while giving up 7 points a game defensively.

The Maxpreps computer has West Brook ranked #22 in 6A with a strength of schedule rating of 21.4 while United is ranked #60 with a strength of schedule rating of 4.1.  Undoubtably West Brook has played the more difficult schedule between the two schools.

5 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

So I have a question out of curiosity because I’m completely ignorant of both teams this year except their 4-0 record.. why are people picking United to win or even a close game? It it because United is that much better than last year, or WB taking a step back? Thanks in advance for any input 

Well, IMO, WB is good,  butbtheybare good a different kind of way this year.  They have the complete package passing the ball.  That would give any defense fits.  But United's defense is legit.  4 games now and I have had NOTHING negative to say about the defense.  They run you down, they tackle well, d-line gets after it,  intimidation factor.  Offense is also better than last year.  This have the makings of a good game just by looking at what each team is really good at.

11 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

West Brook’s 2018 team was a special one.  I think it was more dangerous running the ball with McGhee, Holland and the QB Elie.  This year it SEEMS the big plays generally come from the passing game.  Despite this years team being 4-0 compared to last years team being 3-1at this same point, most Bruin fans that I’ve talked to think last years team was better at this point of the season.  

BU is head and shoulders better in every aspect of the game than last years team.

I think neither team will pull away in this one by more than 14 points.  

1 minute ago, Alpha Wolf said:

West Brook’s 2018 team was a special one.  I think it was more dangerous running the ball with McGhee, Holland and the QB Elie.  This year it SEEMS the big plays generally come from the passing game.  Despite this years team being 4-0 compared to last years team being 3-1at this same point, most Bruin fans that I’ve talked to think last years team was better at this point of the season.  

BU is head and shoulders better in every aspect of the game than last years team.

I think neither team will pull away in this one by more than 14 points.  

Agreed.