PNG@Vidor

Indianforever

57 minutes ago, astros4141078 said:

Well would you like your crow fried, grilled, stewed over rice, stuffed either way just let me know seems like that defense showed and the worst offense you had seen in along time almost broke the 200 mark in passing so maybe they aren't quite as bad as ones predicted

I am going to need a translation here. 

1 minute ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

I don't see Groves not putting a safety back to defend the pass like Crosby did. Most of Vidors' passes were still thrown 10 yards short . If Groves' secondary plays Vidors' receivers remotely tight then they will get a few picks and that may be the difference in the game.

Maybe Vidor took what the defense was giving them.  if PNG covers "remotely tight" then there are fewer men in the box and more running room.  Besides the first pass was about 20 to 25 in the air if i remember correctly.

29 minutes ago, Manofsteel said:

Maybe Vidor took what the defense was giving them.  if PNG covers "remotely tight" then there are fewer men in the box and more running room.  Besides the first pass was about 20 to 25 in the air if i remember correctly.

PNG has the corners to play man defense. They will likely put 8 in the box with one safety 10 to 15 yards deep and let the corners play close

23 minutes ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

I can't unsee what I saw.

It looks more like you see everything about this team negatively. They played a good team and controlled most of the game.

Why are you so bitter?  Mathews not play you or your son?  

I know the QBs dad and he would love for you to come watch the game with him.  

3 minutes ago, Manofsteel said:

It’s one thing to be objective, it’s another to be completely negative. 

If you were only objective you would’ve noticed positive things too. 

There were plenty of good things that happened Friday. I don’t know if you noticed but they beat a good team. 

That last sentence is still up in the air IMO. 

Hey, I am just happy the coaching staff incorporated the forward pass in their game plan. Gotta give credit to the young man at QB. He did a good job hitting some big passes. That should help his confidence and he can continue to build on that. I don’t know if we win that game if he doesn’t make the completions he made. Crosby’s defense did a decent job on our run game. It was good to see the Pirates run more than just the one rollout pass play they’ve always run. They ran just enough pass plays to keep the defense honest. I don’t expect a 50-50 balance on the run/pass plays in this offense but the mixture the other night is all you need to keep them guessing. Pirates defense played solid also. All in all it was a great team effort. Go Pirates

29 minutes ago, Realville said:

Hey, I am just happy the coaching staff incorporated the forward pass in their game plan. Gotta give credit to the young man at QB. He did a good job hitting some big passes. That should help his confidence and he can continue to build on that. I don’t know if we win that game if he doesn’t make the completions he made. Crosby’s defense did a decent job on our run game. It was good to see the Pirates run more than just the one rollout pass play they’ve always run. They ran just enough pass plays to keep the defense honest. I don’t expect a 50-50 balance on the run/pass plays in this offense but the mixture the other night is all you need to keep them guessing. Pirates defense played solid also. All in all it was a great team effort. Go Pirates

I hope they keep passing throughout the season. If they only pass when they are desperate and down in the score, that’s just a recipe for interceptions. They need to pass enough in-game under normal game conditions to start to build confidence between the QB and the receiver. And with the run game being solid, a crisp passing and receiving corps could change everything about how teams have to defend Vidor. PNG in ‘09, when they were undefeated in district and lost to the eventual state runner-up in a close playoff game, ran on about half their plays and mostly threw short, safe passes. No reason Vidor can’t do that. 

4 hours ago, Manofsteel said:

It was 20-25 yards in the air....straight up. Most of them looked like punts that a safety could have defended had he been back there.  LOL

7 hours ago, CCRed said:

It was 20-25 yards in the air....straight up. Most of them looked like punts that a safety could have defended had he been back there.  LOL

Just watch the film.  It was 29 yards in the air, but only 20 yards pass the line of scrimmage.  For most teams, a good mid range pass.   For Vidor, A Bomb.  😂😂😂

Btw, imo, several of the others were underthrown because the receivers were so wide open.  Better to throw it 5 yards short for a 40 yard gain, than one yard to far for an incompletion.   I’m no expert, but why Crosby kept 11 in the box after getting burned several times, sounds like a Coaching snafu.  But again, I’m no expert.

15 hours ago, Hagar said:

Maybe PNG will run the 3-3-5 D.  And if they put 8 in the box, the Vidor QB and receivers will be getting offers from Alabama, LSU, and UT.  😂😂😂

3-3-5? When did Vidor become a Big 12 team? There is no way we will have 5 DB's on the field. 

16 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

3-3-5? When did Vidor become a Big 12 team? There is no way we will have 5 DB's on the field. 

2011 Crosby coaching staff came up with that defensive scheme to stop our offense and got pummeled on the ground in the playoffs. 3-5 yard runs all day long, I doubt the current PNG staff will be that creative.

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

2011 Crosby coaching staff came up with that defensive scheme to stop our offense and got pummeled on the ground in the playoffs. 3-5 yard runs all day long, I doubt the current PNG staff will be that creative.

Like I mentioned earlier, Vidor will get their yards. PN-G will need to create negative plays and turnovers. 

1 hour ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

So is that 43 points combined ? What does Vidor score ? 🤣

43 GROVES

42-13-7 Vidor , Rose City and Pine Forest

Dude you are an absolute joke, I see you danced around the invite to watch the game with the qbs dad. You never have anything positive to say everything has to be negative

1 hour ago, astros4141078 said:

Dude you are an absolute joke, I see you danced around the invite to watch the game with the qbs dad. You never have anything positive to say everything has to be negative

Lets keep the conversation civil please.

man I'm glad to see Vidor throwing the ball. I always said you cant just rely on the run, you have to pass the ball. I guess from watching Vidor all these years in the offense that they run, it just seemed too easy to stop them. Now add the pass every third or fourth play and it gets real then. LOL few years back had a Vidor offensive coordinator pm me threatening to whoop me lol. Asked me how big of an ole boy am I. lol Was highly agitated that I didn't like the wing t or what ever it is over there that they run. I guess someone should have told him that every one has an opinion about everything. after several threats going both ways Coach Mathews sent me a private message telling me he wouldn't bother me anymore, that he was hot tempered and very protective of Jeff. Then after that told me lets both go out and beat Nederland. lol got to love that competitive spirit lol Good luck to Vidor this week, I will be there to watch my Indians take home the W. will be kinda weird as my daughter will be on the other side of the field . AS for this week Buddy Garrity I still say PNG all the way bud!

27 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

man I'm glad to see Vidor throwing the ball. I always said you cant just rely on the run, you have to pass the ball. I guess from watching Vidor all these years in the offense that they run, it just seemed too easy to stop them. Now add the pass every third or fourth play and it gets real then. LOL few years back had a Vidor offensive coordinator pm me threatening to whoop me lol. Asked me how big of an ole boy am I. lol Was highly agitated that I didn't like the wing t or what ever it is over there that they run. I guess someone should have told him that every one has an opinion about everything. after several threats going both ways Coach Mathews sent me a private message telling me he wouldn't bother me anymore, that he was hot tempered and very protective of Jeff. Then after that told me lets both go out and beat Nederland. lol got to love that competitive spirit lol Good luck to Vidor this week, I will be there to watch my Indians take home the W. will be kinda weird as my daughter will be on the other side of the field . AS for this week Buddy Garrity I still say PNG all the way bud!

Lol 😂 How big of an old boy are you?

2 hours ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

What was negative about the post that you quoted ? You may have missed the context or maybe it was the fact that simple addition skills were needed to understand the post.

YOUR'E #1     

In my Ignored User List !

I said knock it off or your going to be on my list.