Barbers Hill 27 Dayton 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

First game I've been to in a few years because of medical issues but that coaching looked like trash can koolaid if I've ever seen it this is not on the players big or small you build your team with plays calling that matches up with the athletes you have available.  Your not going to play the same 5 plays that aren't really good but a couple of plays and expect if to eventually work out after around 20 snaps give it up and try something different what do you have to lose because your play calling is suspect. I haven't played in over 40yrs and this is my personal opinion which some people may like or dis-like and that's fine looks like before this gets any better you need to start from square one. I would also suggest getting some protection for the quarterback or you're going to get him hurt and stop putting him on the defense as well smh!!!

Go Broncos 2019

This was a game of 2 half's for the Eagles, but the Bronco's did look bad tonight with the exception of the Bronco D. BH was rusty coming out of the bye week, but Dayton had our receivers covered up for most of the game so some credit belongs with the Bronco D. BH D tonight was relentless all they did was frustrate Dayton all night not allowing much for the Bronco O. The BH D tonight keep us in the game until the BH O woke up in the 3rd quarter to extend the lead. 

I said on a previous post it's ok to try something  new if it works ... well Houston we have a problem . Agree QB needs to go back to receiver and 18 when he played QB against  NC moved  the ball better than the starter. We have  a great group of kids that  play their hearts out but they don't  roll out the game plan.

40 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

This was a game of 2 half's for the Eagles, but the Bronco's did look bad tonight with the exception of the Bronco D. BH was rusty coming out of the bye week, but Dayton had our receivers covered up for most of the game so some credit belongs with the Bronco D. BH D tonight was relentless all they did was frustrate Dayton all night not allowing much for the Bronco O. The BH D tonight keep us in the game until the BH O woke up in the 3rd quarter to extend the lead. 

I think your being a little to kind ,but hey. More like a team with  an offense  vs a team with no offense . Its was  blatantly obvious  that BHs kids were way coached up compared to Daytons. BH did a great job of executing  their game plan  to get the win! Daytons defense can only do so much.

5 hours ago, jayhawk said:

I think your being a little to kind ,but hey. More like a team with  an offense  vs a team with no offense . Its was  blatantly obvious  that BHs kids were way coached up compared to Daytons. BH did a great job of executing  their game plan  to get the win! Daytons defense can only do so much.

Hey I’m kind to Dayton at least once a season let me have it :) seriously though I hope you guys can get it together, I know it has to be tough with those that were here for the Stewart years to watch what is happening on the field. Good luck the season is far from over.

I still feel the pain from last years 0-10 season, and the toll it put on my #10. Last year we didn’t win a game but had a high power offense most of the season. We ran the spread, 485, 385, 286, 200+, 200+, 200+, and so on. 2600 yards passing, 23 touchdowns in the air, 4 on the floor. Our D up front was pretty good, our weakness was secondary, still is. We lost 4 games by 3 or less points and two more by 14 or less, and my point is, #10 would catch hell on that sideline, get yelled at, cursed at, yanked around, and even threatened with being sidelined, don’t get me wrong, i don’t believe in soft coaching, but i dang sure don’t believe in petting and pampering players either. I seen that last night, player makes mistake after mistake and all they get is a pat on the shoulder and talked to softly. We need discipline, we need accountability and ownership. Junior year for my son, he got his collarbone broke and i had his lineman apologizing to me and my wife for not doing their job and blocking for him, that’s the kind of accountability and ownership I’m talking about here.   I haven’t posted on here in a long time and may not post again for even longer. I love the Broncos, and always loved our rivalry chats on here, just want our explosiveness and our, our, our fighting Broncos back.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:23 PM, jayhawk said:

Man I was excited to see this game, ate a good meal before the game, good weather for High School FB, ready to watch the Broncos come out swinging when we laced it up against the Hill... and then my night was ruined with disgust.

I have no idea what is going on in Dayton? This is the worst football I have seen in a long time. I'd be willing to bet that Dayton didn't have more than 100 yds of total offense...!!!! This was utterly pathetic. Whatever we are doing with the Option stuff is absolutely NOT working.

Dayton is not in a slide, they have fallen completely off the map. I have loved watching the Broncos for a very long time, and it pains me to see what has happened to this "once upon a time" powerful football program. I hate to say it... but Dayton Football is laughable. We are terrible. Congratulations Administration and every adult associated with this program.

2 hours ago, Football Freak said:

Man I was excited to see this game, ate a good meal before the game, good weather for High School FB, ready to watch the Broncos come out swinging when we laced it up against the Hill... and then my night was ruined with disgust.

I have no idea what is going on in Dayton? This is the worst football I have seen in a long time. I'd be willing to bet that Dayton didn't have more than 100 yds of total offense...!!!! This was utterly pathetic. Whatever we are doing with the Option stuff is absolutely NOT working.

Dayton is not in a slide, they have fallen completely off the map. I have loved watching the Broncos for a very long time, and it pains me to see what has happened to this "once upon a time" powerful football program. I hate to say it... but Dayton Football is laughable. We are terrible. Congratulations Administration and every adult associated with this program.

Bad part is, I think it’s entirely possible that there is no change made for next year OR minimal change is made w/ someone already on the staff becoming HC w/ Nations staying AD. I really hope that’s not the case but at this point it would not surprise me. I also wonder that after the powers that be have hired an insider 2 times in a row after posting the job what the quality of applicants will be like.

3 hours ago, Red Boyou said:

Bad part is, I think it’s entirely possible that there is no change made for next year OR minimal change is made w/ someone already on the staff becoming HC w/ Nations staying AD. I really hope that’s not the case but at this point it would not surprise me. I also wonder that after the powers that be have hired an insider 2 times in a row after posting the job what the quality of applicants will be like.

The school board and superintend can't be trusted to do the right thing ! We need to get serious and vote them out.   In my best President Trump voice - LETS MAKE DAYTON GREAT AGAIN ------  do I have a second ?

The "good ole boy" system is back in Dayton. The wrong people ( people that don't care about Football being great every year ) are making decisions about the Football Program again in Dayton. I did a little research for everyone :

Nobody cares about Football, just put a team on the field and hope the players will play...

1991 : 2-8. Terrible

1992 : 0-10. Terrible

1993 : 1-9. Terrible

1994 : 4-6. Bad

1995 : 2-8. Terrible

Somebody comes in and finally gives a crap, and DEMANDS winning... 

1996 - 2010 ( Jerry Stewart Years - in full control of everything regarding athletics/football and won't let ANYONE interfere with winning ) Wins, Wins, Wins, and more Wins. State Championship Appearance, State Semi's, many Regional Championship Appearances, many District Championships, and 14 STRAIGHT years in the playoffs.

2011 : 9-4. ( Hancock Era - still running the program how Jerry did ). Very good, Still Winning

2012 : 9-4. Still Winning

2013 : 6-6. Average, but still in playoffs

2014 : 8-4. Still Winning

2015 : 7-4. Decent, but still in playoffs

We don't want the Coaches being that demanding on the kids, we want them to have fun, we just want greater program participation...

2016 : 4-6. Bad

2017 : 3-7. Terrible

2018 : 0-10. Terrible

2019 : 1-3...?

Anybody notice anything glaring about these statistics... Kinda like a pattern isn't it?