Vidor 37 Crosby 27/FINAL

WOSgrad

32 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I haven’t seen Vidor or Crosby this year, so I’m not going to comment on whether they are better or not than any other year. I will say that the 2012 Vidor team that beat Crosby was pretty dang good. And the 2016 Vidor team that beat Port Arthur and took a much better version of Crosby down to the wire was solid. So it’s not that controversial to say this Vidor team is worse than those Vidor teams. If Crosby is not good (and we’ll have to see about that — it’s a long season) then this Vidor team still has plenty to prove to match up with 2012 and 2016. Things look pretty good so far. Hopefully PNG will be a loss, but i’m rooting for them otherwise :). Great win, Pirates! 

Yea those were a couple of our best teams, so realistically it would be hard to stack this years squad up against them. With the snake bit, leave a bad taste in your mouth, just get it over with already type of season we had last year. A lot of us are perfectly fine with our team just fighting hard for a playoff spot. With a little luck and one more upset victory these boys might earn a chance at it.

1 minute ago, #1stangfan said:

That’s exactly what I was thinking.  In the WO-S thread “I wouldn’t be surprised if Crosby wins this one and peels off 9 in a row”.

My how quickly things change.  Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he didn’t say it would be 9 victories peeled off.

Lol they’ve peeled off 3 in a row, a third of the way there.

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Whose kids? Vidor’s or Crosby’s? I’m not ashamed of anything snowflake. Ask Boneyard Boys, Realville, MTC and the other Vidor guy that I think works at Exxon in Beaumont(if he was there) where they would rank the 4 Vidor teams that have played Crosby since 2011 and where they would rank this Vidor team. They’re realistic Vidor fans and would tell you the same thing I’m saying without the adjectives. 

I feel bad for the flooding in your community but kids in Crosby got flooded too. If I said some random school in Dallas was a bad team you would have 0 issue with it, hence my snowflake comment. I’m good though, good luck to y’all. 

Alright 14.2 I’ll bite. I’ll give you that. You are without a doubt a straight shooter who lays it out with no feelings regarded. Some people take it to heart but I’m used to you. The phrase you used “this is the worst vidor team we have played” could be viewed as you calling this vidor team bad. But you compared this team to some real good ones. So I’ll ask you straight up. How do you see vidor matching up for this season. I’d say give it to me straight but you always do. Nice to see you haven’t changed much though lol.

5 hours ago, Mytwocents3788 said:

Alright 14.2 I’ll bite. I’ll give you that. You are without a doubt a straight shooter who lays it out with no feelings regarded. Some people take it to heart but I’m used to you. The phrase you used “this is the worst vidor team we have played” could be viewed as you calling this vidor team bad. But you compared this team to some real good ones. So I’ll ask you straight up. How do you see vidor matching up for this season. I’d say give it to me straight but you always do. Nice to see you haven’t changed much though lol.

The Vidor team Crosby played at Lamar in the playoffs was much better, but it was more of what Crosby is this year.  I actually sat beside some old timers(a lot like Lil Tex was) guys that just love to watch high school football and from the beginning it was bad.  The coach doesn’t have the community support and most importantly to me he doesn’t have the Kids.  This is just my opinion but it was what I saw from the beginning.  I don’t know if it was the time away from football with the flooding or just a lack of enthusiasm, but something just looked off with this team.  You watch Vidor and they were running to each other and they were excited to be there last night.  I don’t know what Matthews says to the kids when they are laying on the field after getting banged up, but I could use that pep talk sometimes on Mondays.  Side note: #15 wasn’t flashy, didn’t seem real fast, but that kid is tough as nails.  He took some licks last night and kept coming.

8 hours ago, jimbob82 said:

14,2  You ought to be ashamed.  Kids deserve better...

I think that’s exactly what he was trying to say, “Kids deserve better..”. The coaching is terrible.  All those penalties are not to blamed on the players.  Most of the time the players looked like they had no idea what was going on.  There is a lot of good players on this team and are not being given good direction. It was ridiculous to watch the defense not putting one safety back to defend the pass.  

3 hours ago, CCRed said:

I think that’s exactly what he was trying to say, “Kids deserve better..”. The coaching is terrible.  All those penalties are not to blamed on the players.  Most of the time the players looked like they had no idea what was going on.  There is a lot of good players on this team and are not being given good direction. It was ridiculous to watch the defense not putting one safety back to defend the pass.  

I agree.  Problem is, 14.2 has no finesse.  He just post what his red rear is thinking, lol.   But we can’t all afford really great coaches, and yes, it is frustrating.  

10 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I haven’t seen Vidor or Crosby this year, so I’m not going to comment on whether they are better or not than any other year. I will say that the 2012 Vidor team that beat Crosby was pretty dang good. And the 2016 Vidor team that beat Port Arthur and took a much better version of Crosby down to the wire was solid. So it’s not that controversial to say this Vidor team is worse than those Vidor teams. If Crosby is not good (and we’ll have to see about that — it’s a long season) then this Vidor team still has plenty to prove to match up with 2012 and 2016. Things look pretty good so far. Hopefully PNG will be a loss, but i’m rooting for them otherwise :). Great win, Pirates! 

The team you're thinking of is the 2011 team, not the 2012 version.  It was the 2011 team that went three deep in the playoffs, losing to Angleton.  The 2012 team ran into a strong Summer Creek squad and lost in the first round.  IMO that 2011 team was the best since the '64 12-0-1 semifinalist team.

Btw, still hoping someone could post stats on the game, if anyone knows where to find them.  

Going back over the Post, I have Vidor with 176 passing yards.  What kind of odds could you have gotten on that bet?   $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

4 hours ago, CCRed said:

Unfortunately  welcome to Daytons  world !

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I agree.  Problem is, 14.2 has no finesse.  He just post what his red rear is thinking, lol.   But we can’t all afford really great coaches, and yes, it is frustrating.  

I don’t think affording the coach is the problem.  I think it is the fact the new Superintendent roughy his guy in and just judging by what was being said in the stands, the community is not behind this guy.  I just set there last night thinking the kids were disinterested though, but I’m just another person sitting in the stands that doesn’t go to practices and meetings or watching any film so it is just my opinion.  Just watching them line up after a delay and they jog to get set and get a procedure call.  Then the player jogs off and gets basically a high five.  I guess it is 2019, but dang man.  My kid graduated in 2014 and I told the coaches if he isn’t doing something right, get in a$$.  

8 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

I don’t think affording the coach is the problem.  I think it is the fact the new Superintendent roughy his guy in and just judging by what was being said in the stands, the community is not behind this guy.  I just set there last night thinking the kids were disinterested though, but I’m just another person sitting in the stands that doesn’t go to practices and meetings or watching any film so it is just my opinion.  Just watching them line up after a delay and they jog to get set and get a procedure call.  Then the player jogs off and gets basically a high five.  I guess it is 2019, but dang man.  My kid graduated in 2014 and I told the coaches if he isn’t doing something right, get in a$$.  

The community doesn’t have to be with or behind him, but the kids do.

15 minutes ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

The community doesn’t have to be with or behind him, but the kids do.

True, you’re never going to please everybody that’s for dang sure, but I didn’t see much support at all which is concerning.  Name me a successful program where there is no community support?

Their generally isn’t any because the community is trying to get rid of him. In today’s world it’s all about now. It takes a coach a little while to get pieces in place and generally if the community doesn’t Bach him it translate to the kids. If you look back to 2014 and Newton, Coach Johnson had to go to the news and tell the community to quit poisoning the kids and let him do his job. Newton started off 1-3, then after that talk through the news we wound up playing in the state championship.

On 9/28/2019 at 8:16 AM, CCRed said:

OK. Please explain how the penalties are not the kids fault? A statement like that tells me a big part of the problem starts as home. Your kids effort is more your responsibility than the coaches. 11 in the box is as dumb as a 3-3-5. RIO is gone and from the talent I see on the field, he bailed at the right time. You had a great talent run. It's not there right now and it is getting worse in the future. I went to the 8th grade games against BH and BH had more team speed on both sides of the ball than Crosby and they are split in 2 schools in Jr. high. If anyone thinks this Crosby team has the talent that the past teams have had you are just not honestly viewing the games. Rio would not be winning a district championship with this team, but heck TW doesn't have Kyler at Barbers Hill and look at what he has accomplished!! OH wait it's still nothing. My point is that you win with talent, get off the coaches. Dayton PLEASE READ ALSO because your highlight of the game Friday was your team running on the field during the National Anthem. Demand more from your own kids. All I hear is the effort was there, kids played hard. BULL everyone knows what comes next. All I saw was a lack of effort to hold blocks, 2 kids going in motion because they don't know the plays, late hits, jumping off sides, walking off the field and finger pointing. That is on the players

4 hours ago, Gorilla Bob said:

Dayton PLEASE READ ALSO because your highlight of the game Friday was your team running on the field during the National Anthem.

So which is it ? was that the kids fault or was it the coaches ?  You seem to have it figured out Forrest. You don't like people pointing fingers at coaches but don't have a problem making snide remarks about Crosby and Dayton teams . ----- ( you know' Team' includes players and coaches- right )

All I hear is the effort was there, kids played hard. BULL everyone knows what comes next. All I saw was a lack of effort to hold blocks, 2 kids going in motion because they don't know the plays, late hits, jumping off sides, walking off the field and finger pointing. That is on the players

Everything is on the players' then why don't those kids coach themselfs  and save the school half a million a year on coaching staff wages.

An indiscipline poorly coached team will always commit more infractions that a good coached team and will lose more games.

My point is that you win with talent, get off the coaches.

Wrong again Gump  you win with a combination of the two - a talented team won't win that many games without the discipline and guidance from the coaching staff. Jerry Stewart coaching at Dayton had the same gene pool to pick from as the coaches before him and after him why did he win so much  while the other HCs didn't ? Because his teams bought into the winning culture respected and looked up to him just like Rio had with Crosby ... You are obviously clueless and have a problem with fans airing their concerns and frustration you must be one of those "coach can do no wrong and should always be respected and not held accountable conformers )  that thinks Johny can get ahead with a little sugar sprinkled in the right direction. And I say that with all due respect- Sir .                                      

Disclaimer :  The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in this text belong solely to the author, and not necessarily  to the author's employer, organization ,committee or other group or individual.

1 hour ago, jayhawk said:

So which is it ? was that the kids fault or was it the coaches ?  You seem to have it figured out Forrest. You don't like people pointing fingers at coaches but don't have a problem making snide remarks about Crosby and Dayton teams . ----- ( you know' Team' includes players and coaches- right )

Everything is on the players' then why don't those kids coach themselfs  and save the school half a million a year on coaching staff wages.

An indiscipline poorly coached team will always commit more infractions that a good coached team and will lose more games.

Wrong again Gump  you win with a combination of the two - a talented team won't win that many games without the discipline and guidance from the coaching staff. Jerry Stewart coaching at Dayton had the same gene pool to pick from as the coaches before him and after him why did he win so much  while the other HCs didn't ? Because his teams bought into the winning culture respected and looked up to him just like Rio had with Crosby ... You are obviously clueless and have a problem with fans airing their concerns and frustration you must be one of those "coach can do no wrong and should always be respected and not held accountable conformers )  that thinks Johny can get ahead with a little sugar sprinkled in the right direction. And I say that with all due respect- Sir .                                      

Disclaimer :  The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in this text belong solely to the author, and not necessarily  to the author's employer, organization ,committee or other group or individual.

This is one of the few times I will say a Dayton poster is 100% correct.