Vidor 37 Crosby 27/FINAL

WOSgrad

27 minutes ago, Hagar said:

If someone knows where to get the Stats for this game, I’d love to see how many yards passing Vidor had.

Maybe more than the last couple of years.  😂

Hagar...VHS having flashbacks to the mid-seventies, 1974-1975, when Ronnie Thompson walked the sidelines and had the Pirates throwing the ball all over the field?  Good for VHS.  Jeff Matthews is a good coach, teacher, and leader of young men.  I know that he is not in love with the forward pass and he wants his kids to line up and move the pile, but I'm glad the Pirates are having success with a little offensive diversity. 

Go Indians.  Peace.

Vidor is a bad football team. This is without question the worst Vidor team Crosby has played since their initial matchup in 2011. Congrats to them though, they won the game. 

With that being said, Jerry Prieto is turning Crosby into something even worse than that. We may be the worst team in the district. We’re HISD level. I tried to have a little optimism after predicting a 3-7 season soon as they hired this guy but I’m going to have to update that prediction to 1-8. Hopefully some school board member were there and see how I’m over his head this guy is. Crosby runs a junior high level offense and executes it like a peewee squad. 

I would go ahead and say the season is finished. No passion on the sideline, putrid coaching, poor discipline, zero fan support and with this start Prieto is probably already close to losing the team. 

This was the new supt.’s guy from the beginning though, and he’s going to be allowed to go 1-19 in his first two years like Jeff Nations did with no repercussions if need be. Crosby is a sub-par program right now and will continue to be as long as we have this coach. 

No use wasting anymore time thinking Crosby will be anything different than they already are under this laughable excuse for a head coach. Probably my last post for the season seeing as how this is the most positive analysis I could come up with. 

53 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Vidor free safety just got the game sealing pick, my son just finished this game off and I’m pumped up about it but now I owe him 50 bucks.

Congrats brother congrats. Vidor deserved this win, they earned this win, and the community should feel great. Hats off Vidor for a great win and for the inspiration that it lends to the community. When the dust settles the best teams come out on top.

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Vidor is a bad football team. This is without question the worst Vidor team Crosby has played since their initial matchup in 2011. Congrats to them though, they won the game. 

With that being said, Jerry Prieto is turning Crosby into something even worse than that. We may be the worst team in the district. We’re HISD level. I tried to have a little optimism after predicting a 3-7 season soon as they hired this guy but I’m going to have to update that prediction to 1-8. Hopefully some school board member were there and see how I’m over his head this guy is. Crosby runs a junior high level offense and executes it like a peewee squad. 

I would go ahead and say the season is finished. No passion on the sideline, putrid coaching, poor discipline, zero fan support and with this start Prieto is probably already close to losing the team. 

This was the new supt.’s guy from the beginning though, and he’s going to be allowed to go 1-19 in his first two years like Jeff Nations did with no repercussions if need be. Crosby is a sub-par program right now and will continue to be as long as we have this coach. 

No use wasting anymore time thinking Crosby will be anything different than they already are under this laughable excuse for a head coach. Probably my last post for the season seeing as how this is the most positive analysis I could come up with. 

😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Man, after watching the first set of downs I was kind of shocked.  How in the heck did they put up that many points against Manvel?  I noticed the no passion also, it’s almost like they aren’t allowed to get excited.  I will say about Vidor is that guy gets every ounce of everything those kids have.

14.2 You don"t deserve to whatch these kids play.  You are without a doubt very horrible individual I have ever followed.  These kids work their tails off, for us fans to whatch.  And for you to comment like you.. Good riddance, don"t come back...…. 

Mod edit.  Watch with the namecalling

19 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby has some nice pieces on offense, if you’re adding a good QB to that I think you guys will win 3 games and match your original prediction. That defensive scheme however I don’t know about that, I understand selling out to stop the run but you’re not even going to leave one guy back at safety? D coordinator showed no respect for any thought of a passing game and we got behind the defense so many times it was ridiculous. You can’t beat, Santa Fe, Dayton and Lee... come on man.

34 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Doubt it. You have made that statement too many times and still came back to post. Your words mean nothing.

So this team was suppose to win district according to you? LMAO!!!!

36 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Bye Felicia.....time for you to go to the She-Shed😂😂😂

24 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Man, after watching the first set of downs I was kind of shocked.  How in the heck did they put up that many points against Manvel?  I noticed the no passion also, it’s almost like they aren’t allowed to get excited.  I will say about Vidor is that guy gets every ounce of everything those kids have.

Amen CougarCal.   I think if Coach Matthews ask them to run into a brick wall, there’d be no hesitation.   He use to go watch the 7 & 8 graders play.  Probably still does.  These kids, when Sr’s, appear to have been inspired by him for 5 years.  And he’s a good Coach, but more importantly, a really good man.  

Hope y’all get things worked out in Crosby.

3 minutes ago, jimbob82 said:

14,2  You ought to be ashamed.  Kids deserve better...

Whose kids? Vidor’s or Crosby’s? I’m not ashamed of anything snowflake. Ask Boneyard Boys, Realville, MTC and the other Vidor guy that I think works at Exxon in Beaumont(if he was there) where they would rank the 4 Vidor teams that have played Crosby since 2011 and where they would rank this Vidor team. They’re realistic Vidor fans and would tell you the same thing I’m saying without the adjectives. 

I feel bad for the flooding in your community but kids in Crosby got flooded too. If I said some random school in Dallas was a bad team you would have 0 issue with it, hence my snowflake comment. I’m good though, good luck to y’all. 

44 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Hagar...VHS having flashbacks to the mid-seventies, 1974-1975, when Ronnie Thompson walked the sidelines and had the Pirates throwing the ball all over the field?  Good for VHS.  Jeff Matthews is a good coach, teacher, and leader of young men.  I know that he is not in love with the forward pass and he wants his kids to line up and move the pile, but I'm glad the Pirates are having success with a little offensive diversity. 

Go Indians.  Peace.

Lol, you never knew what R. Thompson would do.  He was half Coach and half trickster.  😂😂😂.    Did make football fun.

13 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Doubt it. You have made that statement too many times and still came back to post. Your words mean nothing.

We’re about to go 1-8. You won’t have to worry about it this season. All my post from here on out would most likely be degrading the new coach and I know that gets old reading it, even if it’s the truth. 

Our district is bad, it’s made better by only having 126/7 schools in the class now. I figured coach Prieto would be competent enough with the talent he had to beat less talented teams. He’s as bad as I thought he was though and he can’t. Even the 1 win this year may be a stretch by the time Crosby plays Santa Fe. 

58 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Blah...blah... blah...

18 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Whose kids? Vidor’s or Crosby’s? I’m not ashamed of anything snowflake. Ask Boneyard Boys, Realville, MTC and the other Vidor guy that I think works at Exxon in Beaumont(if he was there) where they would rank the 4 Vidor teams that have played Crosby since 2011 and where they would rank this Vidor team. They’re realistic Vidor fans and would tell you the same thing I’m saying without the adjectives. 

I feel bad for the flooding in your community but kids in Crosby got flooded too. If I said some random school in Dallas was a bad team you would have 0 issue with it, hence my snowflake comment. I’m good though, good luck to y’all. 

Vidor's defense is the best it's been in years.  Period...

Offense is throwing.   For Vidor, they have a sound team.

44 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I haven’t seen Vidor or Crosby this year, so I’m not going to comment on whether they are better or not than any other year. I will say that the 2012 Vidor team that beat Crosby was pretty dang good. And the 2016 Vidor team that beat Port Arthur and took a much better version of Crosby down to the wire was solid. So it’s not that controversial to say this Vidor team is worse than those Vidor teams. If Crosby is not good (and we’ll have to see about that — it’s a long season) then this Vidor team still has plenty to prove to match up with 2012 and 2016. Things look pretty good so far. Hopefully PNG will be a loss, but i’m rooting for them otherwise :). Great win, Pirates! 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

That’s exactly what I was thinking.  In the WO-S thread “I wouldn’t be surprised if Crosby wins this one and peels off 9 in a row”.

My how quickly things change.  Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he didn’t say it would be 9 victories peeled off.