Jasper 63 La Marque 6/FINAL

WOSgrad

11 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

The theme of the season........penalties!

I watched our #88 as Montavien was running out of bounds while ago run up and throw a dumb block in the back. Just pure non sense

I don't remember complaining about penalties all of last season. That's the difference this year. 

1 minute ago, JagMarine95 said:

Wow. Can we talk about the current state LaMarque's program is in??? I remember when they were a force to be reckoned with. Shutting down their school district and folding into Texas City ISD has literally murdered their athletic department 

Sad to see. I don't remember ever beating them before last year and these two games have been complete blowouts in our favor. 

2 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

Wow. Can we talk about the current state LaMarque's program is in??? I remember when they were a force to be reckoned with. Shutting down their school district and folding into Texas City ISD has literally murdered their athletic department 

LM's talent is about 10-15mins north off I-45 now. 😉

44 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

The theme of the season........penalties!

I watched our #88 as Montavien was running out of bounds while ago run up and throw a dumb block in the back. Just pure non sense

Been checking a lot of games.  Ref’s are chunking them almost everywhere.

53 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

After Ike, the decline began. Yes Dickinson got most, but a lot of families moved outside the belt way. The city of LaMarque has shrunk tremendously in size since the last state appearance in 2010. The school needs to close and everyone attend one school. Just like the bay cities and stephenvilles of their world, another storied program vanished 

1 hour ago, JagMarine95 said:

I had forgotten about the consolidation.  And never had thought about the effect on the athletic program.  That explains a lot.  Sounds somewhat like many "big city" schools that have to share resources.

23 minutes ago, j_dog said:

I had forgotten about the consolidation.  And never had thought about the effect on the athletic program.  That explains a lot.  Sounds somewhat like many "big city" schools that have to share resources.

It's tough to see schools like LaMarque and Bay City regress from what they used to be. They both knocked us out of the playoffs at different times.