Silsbee 24 Lumberton 12/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, EagleFan2004 said:

Silsbee barely beating slot t boys from Lumberton should worry tiger fans in regards to the postseason. Silsbee will need to get better on the second and third level when it comes to tackling. Silsbee will also need to expand their passing game as well seeing as anytime they threw it it went to number 1. Lumberton played a heck of a game, they just cant have that many turnovers against an explosive team like Silsbee. L-Train defense is for real and Silsbee has numerous weapons on offense. Good luck to both of these schools in district play.

Barely beating slot t boys from Lumberton???? 

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Why?

Becuase of what he just said. Tigers won fair and square, but that didn’t looked like a top 5 4A team beating an undertalented Lumberton squad. We were one tipped pass interception away in the 4th quarter at around the 10 yard line from making it a 5 point game. 

Im not taking anything away from a good Silsbee team, but good isn’t gonna make it to Dallas. And before anyone says anything, I’ve been openly rooting for them or Jasper to make it all the way.

44 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Becuase of what he just said. Tigers won fair and square, but that didn’t looked like a top 5 4A team beating an undertalented Lumberton squad. We were one tipped pass interception away in the 4th quarter at around the 10 yard line from making it a 5 point game. 

Im not taking anything away from a good Silsbee team, but good isn’t gonna make it to Dallas. And before anyone says anything, I’ve been openly rooting for them or Jasper to make it all the way.

And a bogus chop block call away from losing by 19 or 20.

It goes both ways.

Silsbee beat Lumberton last year by 21 at home with Lumberton using a 3rd string QB most of the game. Win by 12 on the road with a much better Lumberton team on the field. I honestly don't see that much difference in the two games in comparison.

Silsbee definitely has things to work on but it certainly isn't panic time just because of a 12 point win over Lumberton.

54 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

You think so lowly of your team??? Like I said earlier I think the slot-t suites the talent of Lumberton personal. I can see Lumberton making the top two spots, will they? If Lumberton can get better at passing they'll be trouble. FYI, Silsbee has not looked like a top 5 4A team all year, every Tiger fan will tell you that! Also, we where a good team last year when we beat Lumberton and looked how that turned out. 

21 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It goes both ways.

Silsbee beat Lumberton last year by 21 at home with Lumberton using a 3rd string QB most of the game. Win by 12 on the road with a much better Lumberton team on the field. I honestly don't see that much difference in the two games in comparison.

Silsbee definitely has things to work on but it certainly isn't panic time just because of a 12 point win over Lumberton.

I watched game film several times and did not see a penalty on that play or how can you call a pass interference on a ball that was five yards short of the intended receiver. Now, on the roughing the passer call against Silsbee LB, I can see where the ref can call targeting. Other that, Silsbee and Lumberton earned the flags. 

47 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

You think so lowly of your team??? Like I said earlier I think the slot-t suites the talent of Lumberton personal. I can see Lumberton making the top two spots, will they? If Lumberton can get better at passing they'll be trouble. FYI, Silsbee has not looked like a top 5 4A team all year, every Tiger fan will tell you that! Also, we where a good team last year when we beat Lumberton and looked how that turned out. 

Not that I think so low, it’s just real. Go tell me where we even compare to Silsbee as far as talent. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It goes both ways.

Good point. Sadly even though we were at home it seemed like Silsbee brought more fans. Ticks me off about Lumberton. Not enough support but plenty of griping.

And you’re right it’s not panic time, but I do the coaches have a lot to work on on the road to state. Good luck to you guys!

5 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Good point. Sadly even though we were at home it seemed like Silsbee brought more fans. Ticks me off about Lumberton. Not enough support but plenty of griping.

And you’re right it’s not panic time, but I do the coaches have a lot to work on on the road to state. Good luck to you guys!

State? Slot is Boring to watch!

14 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I was meaning Silsbee going to state. And there were a couple slot t teams (or some close variation) that made it to state last year by the way

This is my opinion. People are saying the slot t is boring to watch as a fan. It’s the coaches Job to have the  best offense formation to give your team the advantage to win the game. As a fan I hate to see a team to run a offense that don’t Fit their athletes.  It sounds like Lumberton is doing the best thing. 

13 minutes ago, LC-M said:

This is my opinion. People are saying the slot t is boring to watch as a fan. It’s the coaches Job to have the  best offense formation to give your team the advantage to win the game. As a fan I hate to see a team to run a offense that don’t Fit their athletes.  It sounds like Lumberton is doing the best thing. 

I agree. A good coach puts his players in the best position to win. That’s what I believe Coach Babin is doing even against popular opinion.

2 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I agree. A good coach puts his players in the best position to win. That’s what I believe Coach Babin is doing even against popular opinion.

That’s because everyone like to see the ball  in air it makes them happy. I hate to see 4 down and 10. A old Coach I know I’m not gonna say who he might be on here told me that the spread offense is ruining football lol He hates it. He’s a smash mouth type of a guy

8 minutes ago, STL.22 said:

Just wondering why not have another set to be in when it is time to throw and how do you know if Lumberton not good in the spread if it's never been attempted?

They ran the spread in 99 and early 2000’s when coach Fuller was there in Lumberton. They also had a D1 Qb in Tony Eckert that went to SMU. I believe he is still in the record books for most passing attempts in a game against Jasper. Lumberton people complained about Fuller they were throwing to much and they ran him off. He was actually ahead of the ball game. I’m sure if Babin had the QB and receivers he would be in the spread. 

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

seems as though Lumberton been a bottom feeder for awhile and fans have low expections. don't sell your team short by saying statements that make it seem Silsbee should have beat the brakes off yall...that's making excuses for losing imo. seems like Lumberton is getting better. not to take away from Silsbee it is what I os

So you want to say that on here and call them out on Facebook, I’m confused lol

20 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

I don't know if my opinions are necessarily popular opinion, and I like a lot of the things Coach Babin does. He's especially done a lot to get community involvement and to get a lot of kids playing football.

BUT when you stated "A good coach puts his players in the best position to win. That’s what I believe Coach Babin is doing...", I had to stop and say something.

So why in the world would Coach put Barthol (an excellent running back...) at the QB position after our starting QB, Boykin, was back from injury. Boykin is the same kid that came in as a snotty-nosed sophomore last year and helped the Raiders win a bi-district championship! And he's only gotten better and more experienced since last year! Ok, I got one better for you. Not only did he keep Barthol at QB, but he put Boykin at RB!!!

Barthol can't throw (but Boykin can)...Barthol burns up 1500 to 2000 yards a game just going to the sidelines to get the plays from the coach cuz Barthol doesn't know the signals (like Boykin does)... Barthol let's the defense put 10 in the box with a free safety about 7 yards out for "just-in-case"... That's not fair to anyone on that offense - not even the line.

The Boykin kid, a QB, can get some yards scrambling as a QB or with a keeper when he takes a direct snap, but he ain't real fast. Barthol is... Boykin is coming off an injury where running the ball and blocking is more apt to cause more injury. Simply put, Boykin is not a running back...

Let's talk about morale and chemistry for a second. Let's say you're the QB (Boykin), and you get knocked out due to injury. Your replacement (Barthol) does a great job as QB (running, mind you, not throwing) against some teams that are not anywhere near in the same class of competition you'll be facing in district... Now you're better and able to return to play, but your head coach (Babin) tells you (through his actions) "Naw, I'm done with you for now - I got me a shiny new QB (RB) to fill your shoes." Even worse, to appease you, he decides he'll let you take a few snaps as a RB along with the other committee of 5 or 6 or 7 guys Lumberton has running the ball... If you're Boykin, how are you gonna feel? Thankful the coach was able to fit you in a little? No. Your gonna feel like he gave up on you. Then comes the irony. Your shiny new QB (RB) gets hurt and now you NEED Boykin to come out and save the day. Of course, he hasn't been getting many QB reps in practice and none in the game, and now when you're down in the count against a talented Silsbee team, you expect him to put his QB face on and win one for the Gipper. I don't know about him, but if I was that kid, I would have wanted to tell Coach to go to the sidelines and find someone else to clean up his filthy mess! There was no chemistry or synchronicity after that. The wheels came off the cart offensively. It was kind of disgusting...

Maybe his intentions are pure, and he's trying to do the best thing for his Raiders that he can. None of us from the outside know the exact situation, especially if we don't have kids that play anymore. But if you're telling me that what I witnessed Friday night was an example of "A good coach puts his players in the best position to win..." then Houston, we have a problem.

Question: Why don't we kick field goals and extra points? Answer: Cuz the kicker is hurt. Question: Is there a JV kid (pick one off any of the 3 JV squads we have) that can kick a ball through the goal posts? Answer: (crickets) Question: Have you ever thought about recruiting a kid on the boy's OR  girl's soccer team to come and kick? Answer: (even more crickets) Question: Is the coach really putting his players in the best position to win? Answer: (Crickets so loud it reminds me of the locusts from Exodus - "They covered the surface of the soil till the ground was black with them...")

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I don't know if my opinions are necessarily popular opinion, and I like a lot of the things Coach Babin does. He's especially done a lot to get community involvement and to get a lot of kids playing football.

BUT when you stated "A good coach puts his players in the best position to win. That’s what I believe Coach Babin is doing...", I had to stop and say something.

So why in the world would Coach put Barthol (an excellent running back...) at the QB position after our starting QB, Boykin, was back from injury. Boykin is the same kid that came in as a snotty-nosed sophomore last year and helped the Raiders win a bi-district championship! And he's only gotten better and more experienced since last year! Ok, I got one better for you. Not only did he keep Barthol at QB, but he put Boykin at RB!!!

Barthol can't throw (but Boykin can)...Barthol burns up 1500 to 2000 yards a game just going to the sidelines to get the plays from the coach cuz Barthol doesn't know the signals (like Boykin does)... Barthol let's the defense put 10 in the box with a free safety about 7 yards out for "just-in-case"... That's not fair to anyone on that offense - not even the line.

The Boykin kid, a QB, can get some yards scrambling as a QB or with a keeper when he takes a direct snap, but he ain't real fast. Barthol is... Boykin is coming off an injury where running the ball and blocking is more apt to cause more injury. Simply put, Boykin is not a running back...

Let's talk about morale and chemistry for a second. Let's say you're the QB (Boykin), and you get knocked out due to injury. Your replacement (Barthol) does a great job as QB (running, mind you, not throwing) against some teams that are not anywhere near in the same class of competition you'll be facing in district... Now you're better and able to return to play, but your head coach (Babin) tells you (through his actions) "Naw, I'm done with you for now - I got me a shiny new QB (RB) to fill your shoes." Even worse, to appease you, he decides he'll let you take a few snaps as a RB along with the other committee of 5 or 6 or 7 guys Lumberton has running the ball... If you're Boykin, how are you gonna feel? Thankful the coach was able to fit you in a little? No. Your gonna feel like he gave up on you. Then comes the irony. Your shiny new QB (RB) gets hurt and now you NEED Boykin to come out and save the day. Of course, he hasn't been getting many QB reps in practice and none in the game, and now when you're down in the count against a talented Silsbee team, you expect him to put his QB face on and win one for the Gipper. I don't know about him, but if I was that kid, I would have wanted to tell Coach to go to the sidelines and find someone else to clean up his filthy mess! There was no chemistry or synchronicity after that. The wheels came off the cart offensively. It was kind of disgusting...

Maybe his intentions are pure, and he's trying to do the best thing for his Raiders that he can. None of us from the outside know the exact situation, especially if we don't have kids that play anymore. But if you're telling me that what I witnessed Friday night was an example of "A good coach puts his players in the best position to win..." then Houston, we have a problem.

Question: Why don't we kick field goals and extra points? Answer: Cuz the kicker is hurt. Question: Is there a JV kid (pick one off any of the 3 JV squads we have) that can kick a ball through the goal posts? Answer: (crickets) Question: Have you ever thought about recruiting a kid on the boy's OR  girl's soccer team to come and kick? Answer: (even more crickets) Question: Is the coach really putting his players in the best position to win? Answer: (Crickets so loud it reminds me of the locusts from Exodus - "They covered the surface of the soil till the ground was black with them...")

Not sure where you’re getting your info but you seem to be misinformed so here’s what I’ll suggest (take it or leave it):  it’s seems that you’re a Lumberton fan, or you at least follow us to some extent. So we are on the same side here. You notice all the good that is happening underneath Babin’s leadership. So why come on here and spread this negativity, most of it being false/misconstrued? You’re gonna sit here and type out a long monologue of all these things you see wrong, and in the process give a teenage kid a reason to be resentful towards his coach?. yeah, that’s exactly what he does not need to see.

So I’ll answer all of your final questions with a question of my own: what is Babin’s response to those questions?? Because if you are truly that concerned; and if you care that much about the Raiders, then you would go to the field house and ask him those yourself instead of getting on here and bashing his decision making. The man gets paid to win football games, so I’m pretty sure those decision aren’t  being made lightly. His office number is public knowledge, I’ll get it to you if you want so you don’t have to go search for it. Call him up. Trust me, he can handle any questions you throw at him. Better yet, go to tomorrow evening’s practice and catch him on the way to the locker room after. I’m sure he’d love to answer all you’re “cricket” questions. In case you don’t know; he’s short, bald (usually with a red hat on I believe), and has probably the biggest calves you’ll ever see on a grown man 😂 my point is, he’s not hard time find. Go talk to him. 

Finally, I stand by my original statement: Coach Babin does what is best for his team. Period.