West Orange-Stark 46 Bridge City 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So how bad was the Texan Live audio broadcast?

It wasn’t terrible, my complaint was the whole first half the audio on their end was too low. I guess when you are used to Gary and crew broadcasting, thats just a high bar to have to jump over. Lol.  I also understand how difficult it is to broadcast when you really only know the team names, not the players. I appreciate the free audio feed though. It’s better than having to follow a game by Facebook updates. 

18 hours ago, XX Man said:

3 more blades of grass grew. These idiots on texanlive almost missed telling about the TD. They sure don't say much for Texanlive. 

We have video to back up the plays so we don't Radio broadcast. We had 15 games so i called the game and had a new person doing color. I'm not a Idiot though i work hard and have given back for years to community and LOCAL schools. 

Thanks 

Bert Brocker Owner of TL

12 minutes ago, Texanlive said:

We have video to back up the plays so we don't Radio broadcast. We had 15 games so i called the game and had a new person doing color. I'm not a Idiot though i work hard and have given back for years to community and LOCAL schools. 

Thanks 

Bert Brocker Owner of TL

That would be your first mistake. No one really wants to listen to an audio play by that's done in the manner of video play by. Audio has to be very descriptive.

Doing an audio broadcast by doing video play by just doesn't work. Listeners (not viewers) need lots of info.

46 minutes ago, Texanlive said:

Thanks 

Bert Brocker Owner of TL

A few notes and suggestions gleaned from the game you worked last night: 

1) Give the score more often.

2) Your color commentator's mic was off for a portion of the broadcast. His voice could only be heard through your mic. 

3) Why was there a rooting interest for BC? Since that was the case (esp. with the color analyst), it's better to make that clear from the start. Come out and say you're there for the "home town" BC Cardinals or whoever the team is you're representing. If this is NOT the case, then try harder to be an evenly sided observer in the commentary and reactions to the game. I lost count how many times the color guy said "that was a big hit by (BC player every time)." There was an obvious "BC fan" view from the booth. 

I enjoy having Texan Live as a audio and video option to not being at the games in person. So, for that, thank you for offering this service. Think of the phrase "we treat you better" when doing the broadcasts. 😉

2 hours ago, Texanlive said:

Thanks 

Bert Brocker Owner of TL

We do appreciate your service sir. Maybe doing 15 games a night has watered down the quality of your production. I look forward to hearing if any 2nd half adjustments will be made on your part. Still better than tweeter and fakebook. 

Thanks

WOSdrummer99

On 9/28/2019 at 4:34 PM, griff said:

A few notes and suggestions gleaned from the game you worked last night: 

1) Give the score more often.

2) Your color commentator's mic was off for a portion of the broadcast. His voice could only be heard through your mic. 

3) Why was there a rooting interest for BC? Since that was the case (esp. with the color analyst), it's better to make that clear from the start. Come out and say you're there for the "home town" BC Cardinals or whoever the team is you're representing. If this is NOT the case, then try harder to be an evenly sided observer in the commentary and reactions to the game. I lost count how many times the color guy said "that was a big hit by (BC player every time)." There was an obvious "BC fan" view from the booth. 

I enjoy having Texan Live as a audio and video option to not being at the games in person. So, for that, thank you for offering this service. Think of the phrase "we treat you better" when doing the broadcasts. 😉

Agreed We are not one school. There were lots to work on I am harder on myself than most. Thanks for the feedback. Bert

On 9/28/2019 at 4:30 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

That would be your first mistake. No one really wants to listen to an audio play by that's done in the manner of video play by. Audio has to be very descriptive.

Doing an audio broadcast by doing video play by just doesn't work. Listeners (not viewers) need lots of info.

AggiesAreWe, you hit the nail on the head. Audio is much different to video. Radio broadcast, take a LOT of information, to convey the game. I actually had a few emails back and forth with the guy from Texan Live. He really just does not grasp the concept. But, he was more understanding about what I was saying, than I expected, so maybe, he will improve. I suggested he listen to Gary Stelly, who does the absolute best radio broadcast that I have ever heard. 

On 9/28/2019 at 1:44 PM, Texanlive said:

We do 700 games a year with video I agree we do not call the games like radio.  We did 15 last night alone 

I appreciate that you do the game, and I have bought your playoff video broadcast, in the past. But, when I did watch your video, I turned the volume down and turned KOGT up. With an audio broadcast, and video somewhat, the audience needs information of what is going on. 

2 hours ago, XX Man said:

I appreciate that you do the game, and I have bought your playoff video broadcast, in the past. But, when I did watch your video, I turned the volume down and turned KOGT up. With an audio broadcast, and video somewhat, the audience needs information of what is going on. 

I do the same thing.