Sub- Varsity

MustangNation#1

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Well, I am a numbers guy... 11 is approximately 57% more than 7.

57% is more than 1/2 (do you see where I'm going with this?) That is lopsided!...

I don't wanna hear that same ole whiny crap about "they suit up more than...blah, blah, blah....vomit". If you need to suit up more kids then that's your school's/community's/coach's/parents'/kids fault. Get more kids to play sports - football in particular. Newton plays about as good a ball as anyone in this area - wouldn't you agree? They beat Silsbee by 3 scores. They beat WO-S. Do you think Newton uses that sickening excuse of being a smaller school or not suiting up as many kids? No! The difference is they refuse to accept mediocrity like LC-M does (among many other programs - not singling LC-M out). Winning is a culture. It's not something that happens by chance.

Since this is just a Sub-Varsity thread, I will save my "Winning is a Culture" soliloquy for another time... Meanwhile, please realize that with comments like "11-7...(is) really NOT lopsided..." is proof positive that you're complacent with mediocrity. You're actually trying to say that 11 losses and 7 wins ain't that bad...disgusting. I'm sorry, but it is vulgar in my eyes to accept mediocrity.

No i agree to a lot you say on here. Imo LCM is not the program it should be and I hope one day it will change. When the next guy gets the AD job I hope it changes how it’s ran. I’m not saying  LCM will be a state contender but we want competitive football and a lot people are not happy. What school the you graduate from? 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

I don't agree/disagree with your viewpoint; however, I was replying to LC-M that Little Cypress could not compete with the likes of winners like Newton, WO-S and PN-G. I am not trying to argue the point that PN-G is the same caliber as the other 2 programs (although many will argue that they are). I will say that for a school with a resume like this, they are a winning program (like my post stated):

Overall record (approx.): 600-350-33 (not exact) 

3 State Championships, 6 State Final appearances, 8 Semifinal appearances, 10 Quarterfinal appearances, 15 Regional, 10 Area, 30 Bi-District appearances (12 of them in the last 16 years in case you want to know about recent accomplishments), 27 District Championships (including the last 4 years 2015-2018 in case you want to know about recent accomplishments).

I tried to find the list of LC-M Football accomplishments for a comparison, but I couldn't find any... Can someone please post similar LC-M stats for a comparison?

Okay I think I understand where your coming from PNG has has great success in the past. But you can’t  tell me there has  not  been teams that have came through LCM that were more talented then PNG maybe not as times as PNG but it does happen. 1997 was our longest run the playoffs which you already know. We knocked off PNG that year.  Now Nederland and WOS beat us in district but I’d say we played  competitive football.  That’s why I brought up the Freshman team is good because here and there LCM can put a good team every 20 years or so.

11 minutes ago, LC-M said:

No i agree to a lot you say on here. Imo LCM is not the program it should be and I hope one day it will change. When the next guy gets the AD job I hope it changes how it’s ran. I’m not saying  LCM will be a state contender but we want competitive football and a lot people are not happy. What school the you graduate from? 

Lumberton. Another mediocre school that I love dearly, but also understand that until A LOT of things change, it will be in the same boat as Hamshire Fannett, Bridge City, LC-M, and other mediocre schools of the same cloth. I hope they win every game they play, but I can’t help but be honest about their chances. 

Just now, SmashMouth said:

Lumberton. Another mediocre school that I love dearly, but also understand that until A LOT of things change, it will be in the same boat as Hamshire Fannett, Bridge City, LC-M, and other mediocre schools of the same cloth. I hope they win every game they play, but I can’t help but be honest about their chances. 

Well we beat Lumberton down and have winning records against Lumberton and Bc lol 

Just now, SmashMouth said:

Lol. Last years game made me wanna throw up. I think I actually did. If it makes you feel good, I will say that LC-M is at the higher end of mediocre teams. Just under Lumberton. Lol. 

I respect a guy that says where he is from and don’t hide behind a screen name. But I’ll say this Lumberton had a short run of being good 07-09. Were you on those teams?

3 minutes ago, LC-M said:

I respect a guy that says where he is from and don’t hide behind a screen name. But I’ll say this Lumberton had a short run of being good 07-09. Were you on those teams?

Nope. I actually had kids in school back then. But we did beat Silsbee, Jasper, LC-M, East Chambers, etc. back in the day. We were Ok. Nothing awesome. 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

Nope. I actually had kids in school back then. But we did beat Silsbee, Jasper, LC-M, East Chambers, etc. back in the day. We were Ok. Nothing awesome. 

Oh ok I use to live in Lumberton back in the day. One of my family members were on those teams. So is Lumberton going to beat LCM this year?

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

I don't agree/disagree with your viewpoint; however, I was replying to LC-M that Little Cypress could not compete with the likes of winners like Newton, WO-S and PN-G. I am not trying to argue the point that PN-G is the same caliber as the other 2 programs (although many will argue that they are). I will say that for a school with a resume like this, they are a winning program (like my post stated):

Overall record (approx.): 600-350-33 (not exact) 

3 State Championships, 6 State Final appearances, 8 Semifinal appearances, 10 Quarterfinal appearances, 15 Regional, 10 Area, 30 Bi-District appearances (12 of them in the last 16 years in case you want to know about recent accomplishments), 27 District Championships (including the last 4 years 2015-2018 in case you want to know about recent accomplishments).

I tried to find the list of LC-M Football accomplishments for a comparison, but I couldn't find any... Can someone please post similar LC-M stats for a comparison?

LCM - 216 -272- 5

PNG - 599 - 348 - 33

NED. - 564 - 378 - 35

BH - 584 - 313 - 27

Newton - 574 - 293 - 14

WOS - 406 - 98 - 3

So there are the numbers. PNG is not that great unless you want to add in Nederland & Barbers Hill, but then again he is right that LCM is not in the equation

4 minutes ago, Gorilla Bob said:

LCM - 216 -272- 5

PNG - 599 - 348 - 33

NED. - 564 - 378 - 35

BH - 584 - 313 - 27

Newton - 574 - 293 - 14

WOS - 406 - 98 - 3

So there are the numbers. PNG is not that great unless you want to add in Nederland & Barbers Hill, but then again he is right that LCM is not in the equation

LCM total is actually 298-326-8. I understand LCM doesn’t have Png history but We have a team that comes through here and there that makes some noise. 

2 minutes ago, Gorilla Bob said:

LCM - 216 -272- 5

PNG - 599 - 348 - 33

NED. - 564 - 378 - 35

BH - 584 - 313 - 27

Newton - 574 - 293 - 14

WOS - 406 - 98 - 3

Hey GB, thanks for that. I appreciate it. Based on overall records, WO-S is at 80% wins, Newton is 65% and PN-G 61% (not much different than Newton). But I really like looking at more than just a record. It’s the list of accomplishments, but just as much, it’s the attitude of the program. 

1 minute ago, oldman said:

So like I said earlier.....Well Below Average  :)

I didn’t disagree. But like I said png has had a good history but we have beat them more then other teams then  we have struggled with. Like my lumberton friend smash mouth his Alum has only beat png once. So they have to be below us. 

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Hey GB, thanks for that. I appreciate it. Based on overall records, WO-S is at 80% wins, Newton is 65% and PN-G 61% (not much different than Newton). But I really like looking at more than just a record. It’s the list of accomplishments, but just as much, it’s the attitude of the program. 

Is this since the inception of the teams? Because football has been dramatically different since the 70s. To argue that PNG is even close to Newton or WOS is pure ignorance. 

39 minutes ago, SETXanalyst said:

Is this since the inception of the teams? Because football has been dramatically different since the 70s. To argue that PNG is even close to Newton or WOS is pure ignorance. 

I don’t think anyone made that claim. Possibly jumping in the middle of a thread and puking up some foul garbage to try to be relevant could be considered pure ignorance. Or not...

Here’s what I posted before:

I was replying to LC-M that Little Cypress could not compete with the likes of winners like Newton, WO-S and PN-G. I am not trying to argue the point that PN-G is the same caliber as the other 2 programs (although many will argue that they are). I will say that for a school with a resume like this, they are a winning program (like my post stated)

Nothing stating that PN-G is close to Newton or WO-S. 

5 hours ago, SETXanalyst said:

"(not much different than Newton)" - SmashMouth

Their win % is not much different than Newton. That is a fact. But having a similar win % and being of the same caliber are definitely 2 completely different things. If you’re going to take things out of context, be sure and do it so the person you are trying to lie about doesn’t know...