Sub- Varsity

MustangNation#1

11 minutes ago, Knoddy1 said:

I thought so, PNG's freshmen "A" are always pretty good and that score didn't seem to fit.

LCM fresh team is pretty good. I don’t know if that’s PNG a or b team. But with the merge with little cypress and Mauriceville together in high school They are doing good. Our Jr highs are separate. I don’t know why it’s surprising we beat them the last 2 times we have played them in district at the varsity level. We beat them 2012 35-7 and 2013 35-14

3 hours ago, LC-M said:

LCM fresh team is pretty good. I don’t know if that’s PNG a or b team. But with the merge with little cypress and Mauriceville together in high school They are doing good. Our Jr highs are separate. I don’t know why it’s surprising we beat them the last 2 times we have played them in district at the varsity level. We beat them 2012 35-7 and 2013 35-14

That’s a long time ago. These boys put a whooping on them bears last year as 8th graders. 

41 minutes ago, chief1987 said:

That’s a long time ago. These boys put a whooping on them bears last year as 8th graders. 

They might have last year. But since we have combined the freshmen team this year are a lot better. But at the end of the day its sub varsity and most the time it don’t translate to varsity ball. 

3 hours ago, LC-M said:

They might have last year. But since we have combined the freshmen team this year are a lot better. But at the end of the day its sub varsity and most the time it don’t translate to varsity ball. 

I’m afraid, in this particular case, it does.

PN-G sub & Varsity have no problem with the LC-M ranks. 

Just now, LC-M said:

Whatever you want to believe. 

Honestly, I wish LC-M varsity could compete with the likes of PN-G. They can’t. A couple years ago I posted about winning programs like Newton, WO-S, PN-G and what they have that makes them winners... Schools like LC-M, Lumberton, Bridge City have never been able to figure out the formula. I’ll bet on The Indians over them Bears every time, and I’ll guarantee you that I’ll come out ahead...

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

Honestly, I wish LC-M varsity could compete with the likes of PN-G. They can’t. A couple years ago I posted about winning programs like Newton, WO-S, PN-G and what they have that makes them winners... Schools like LC-M, Lumberton, Bridge City have never been able to figure out the formula. I’ll bet on The Indians over them Bears every time, and I’ll guarantee you that I’ll come out ahead...

I believe the series is led by PNG 11-7. To me that’s really Not lopsided. If you were saying WOS I’d agree with you.  But we suit up 30 kids they suit up a lot more. Not to knock PNG but there are a average 5A. If it was Aledo or Highland park I could see your point. 

2 hours ago, LC-M said:

I believe the series is led by PNG 11-7. To me that’s really Not lopsided. If you were saying WOS I’d agree with you.  But we suit up 30 kids they suit up a lot more. Not to knock PNG but there are a average 5A. If it was Aledo or Highland park I could see your point. 

If PNG is average then that obviously makes LCM WELL BELOW AVERAGE!!!!!!

2 hours ago, LC-M said:

Well, I am a numbers guy... 11 is approximately 57% more than 7.

57% is more than 1/2 (do you see where I'm going with this?) That is lopsided!...

I don't wanna hear that same ole whiny crap about "they suit up more than...blah, blah, blah....vomit". If you need to suit up more kids then that's your school's/community's/coach's/parents'/kids fault. Get more kids to play sports - football in particular. Newton plays about as good a ball as anyone in this area - wouldn't you agree? They beat Silsbee by 3 scores. They beat WO-S. Do you think Newton uses that sickening excuse of being a smaller school or not suiting up as many kids? No! The difference is they refuse to accept mediocrity like LC-M does (among many other programs - not singling LC-M out). Winning is a culture. It's not something that happens by chance.

Since this is just a Sub-Varsity thread, I will save my "Winning is a Culture" soliloquy for another time... Meanwhile, please realize that with comments like "11-7...(is) really NOT lopsided..." is proof positive that you're complacent with mediocrity. You're actually trying to say that 11 losses and 7 wins ain't that bad...disgusting. I'm sorry, but it is vulgar in my eyes to accept mediocrity.

2 hours ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

PNG is a long way from being the caliber  team that Newton and WO-S are. Being good and thinking you're good are two different things.

I don't agree/disagree with your viewpoint; however, I was replying to LC-M that Little Cypress could not compete with the likes of winners like Newton, WO-S and PN-G. I am not trying to argue the point that PN-G is the same caliber as the other 2 programs (although many will argue that they are). I will say that for a school with a resume like this, they are a winning program (like my post stated):

Overall record (approx.): 600-350-33 (not exact) 

3 State Championships, 6 State Final appearances, 8 Semifinal appearances, 10 Quarterfinal appearances, 15 Regional, 10 Area, 30 Bi-District appearances (12 of them in the last 16 years in case you want to know about recent accomplishments), 27 District Championships (including the last 4 years 2015-2018 in case you want to know about recent accomplishments).

I tried to find the list of LC-M Football accomplishments for a comparison, but I couldn't find any... Can someone please post similar LC-M stats for a comparison?