Beaumont United 17 Baytown Sterling 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This game was pretty interesting. I don't know if this was a combination of a trap game or the limited practice due to the floods last week, but..

We played about as how I expected.  We were rusty on both sides of the ball.  Matter of fact,the defense looked lackluster on Sterling's scoring drive. Shortly after that, whatever funk the Defense was in, they came alive and Looked like their regular selves.  Offense?  Not so much.  Penalties galore, penalties, guys taking sacks and not throwing the ball away, ect.  No matter what, we got through with No injuries and without showing too much, knowing that West Brook and Channelview Coaching staffs were there to scout us. 

This is like the 2nd game in the row we've left points on the field. I preached about this last week.  Also, dumb penalties on offense.  You seen that here as well.  If we don't get this together.... Brook is the best opponent that we will have faced thus far.  If our offense don't get their arses in gear, We'll get beat down next week, no exaggerating. 

On the Bright side, There was a first at this game.  I've been going to HS football games for a long time, and I've never seen the Visitor band play and the home stadium's lights flickered   on and off to the beat of the band.  Pretty cool, Baytown. 

PS.  Probably for @Alpha Wolf .  I didn't see Eaglin play, but I kept seeing the Comeaux kid running the ball.  What's up with Eaglin?

Yes. We installed new LED lighting at all of our facilities. We have  a program that syncs the lights and the music. We had been doing it after each score and before the 2nd half kickoff. Very cool environment.

However, there have been some parent complaints about the possibility that the strobe effect could cause epileptic seizures. So, even though the lighting system has been developed and certified not to cause those issues, they have limited their usage.

1 hour ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Yes. We installed new LED lighting at all of our facilities. We have  a program that syncs the lights and the music. We had been doing it after each score and before the 2nd half kickoff. Very cool environment.

However, there have been some parent complaints about the possibility that the strobe effect could cause epileptic seizures. So, even though the lighting system has been developed and certified not to cause those issues, they have limited their usage.

I was impressed...

1 hour ago, coach bear said:

100% agree with everything you said. I see potential here, will have hiccups but it is on the right path. I can’t tell you how much gas I used picking up players to practice. United coaches need to load up their cars and get them to practice. Treat it as your only chance for glory. My favorite quote , “live for the moments to do for”, United gets that moment next week. Best of luck👍✝️🐻

The BU staff has been assigned to different campuses throughout the district so picking kids up is out of the question. Every Coach  have to be at a middle school or even WB at 815am and they cant leave until 415 initially but i think its getting changed. The whole thing about that is, WB is getting certified teachers to aide their classroom for the next few weeks and our kids are at home doing nothing. Said that to say this, no one looks at the big picture!!! People can say what they want, athletics are very important at school. Successful athletic programs are even better because the students want to be successful in academics as well. why not highlight the week with academic competition as well, debate, robotics, and anything else. That's how you improve your district, just like we should have had a split day at WB, meaning the WB students go to school for the AM/PM shift than United students come the other shift. GP and Summer Creek did it. There are always better options but its a sports forum so sorry for rambling but i think the community needs to know stuff like this. There are other options. Coaches already pick kids up, i just feel every coach that has CDL should be able to pick kids up and drop them off because if school was in session they would have transportation!!!

4 hours ago, coach bear said:

I agree, I was at the game through three and a half quarters and agree. Most were point of attack holds by receivers locking on to rangers defensive backs ( United receivers were manhandling the ranger defense back, just need to learn to let go)and when the rangers tried to separate you could see jerseys being tugged and pulled. That is an easy call cause it is so obvious and most of the time two flags were thrown because two refs saw it. United needs to clean that up because that is the difference in a close game and can be the difference in making the state playoffs . I sat on the United side and heard several fans get upset but the crew did a good job calling. I was impressed with the size and speed of United. I thought they looked like a team that was displaced for a week and have gone through quit bit of trauma. I thought the coaching staff prepared the team as well as can be expected. I wish the defense played a little more physical. One bad series cost them a shutout, in fact on the quarterback for Sterling big run, the edge responsibility,either Sam linebacker or end bit on the dive fake which allowed the qb to run free. Assignment has to be carried out by everyone to have a great defense. But I’m being picky in pointing that out. Defense line looks good and potentially great. Mike lb is rangy and fills well. Secondary did fine in basic cover 2, was hoping to see some stem looks from 2 to man or 3. Offensively timing was off because of previous week. I thought QB missed a couple of obvious throws, just st holding it too long, again game time speed threw United off. They will improve by next week I’m sure. A criticism though for running backs and quarterback in running, too much east and west running instead of sticking it and running north and south. This team will definitely contend for 3-4 in district with King, Laporte and channelview. And who knows in their rival game with Brook ( too bad it’s next week cause an experienced team like Brook isn’t affected by extraneous variables like inexperienced teams) where records are often thrown out due to emotions. First time seeing United play and very pleased with progress in only year 2. Sorry friends r long reply, just the coach in me. Then Sterling, just don’t see much potential there, not picking on them but I see them going winless in district. Good luck to both teams on the rest of the season.

I can respect this post and agree with it.  I wish I would have known you were going to be sitting on our side, I could have introduced myself...

35 minutes ago, jag86 said:

The BU staff has been assigned to different campuses throughout the district so picking kids up is out of the question. Every Coach  have to be at a middle school or even WB at 815am and they cant leave until 415 initially but i think its getting changed. The whole thing about that is, WB is getting certified teachers to aide their classroom for the next few weeks and our kids are at home doing nothing. Said that to say this, no one looks at the big picture!!! People can say what they want, athletics are very important at school. Successful athletic programs are even better because the students want to be successful in academics as well. why not highlight the week with academic competition as well, debate, robotics, and anything else. That's how you improve your district, just like we should have had a split day at WB, meaning the WB students go to school for the AM/PM shift than United students come the other shift. GP and Summer Creek did it. There are always better options but its a sports forum so sorry for rambling but i think the community needs to know stuff like this. There are other options. Coaches already pick kids up, i just feel every coach that has CDL should be able to pick kids up and drop them off because if school was in session they would have transportation!!!

Yeah you bring up some interesting info favoring one school and not the other. Seems to me the board members phones need to be ringing off the hook shouting displeasure. Also remember in late 80s or early 90s when Lee burned , they shared Sterling with the rangers on a split schedule. Seems like a good plan to me. If you’re an ingenious coach though you can play up the favoritisms of the chosen Bruin school to keep your team on edge and motivated. You use anything you can, legally😉, to gain an advantage. Many people don’t know the late Bob McNair hired bill O’Brien because of a recommendation from Bob Craft ( the greatest owner in pro sports). Bob was infatuated with Craft and acted like a heartsick teenage girl over any advice that a Craft gave. Craft knew that O’Brien was nothing more than a 500% coach and he knew McNair was known for holding onto coaches way too long. So Craft sabotaged the Texans for the next decade. This is just business and Bob Craft is the ultimate nfl business man.

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This game was pretty interesting. I don't know if this was a combination of a trap game or the limited practice due to the floods last week, but..

We played about as how I expected.  We were rusty on both sides of the ball.  Matter of fact,the defense looked lackluster on Sterling's scoring drive. Shortly after that, whatever funk the Defense was in, they came alive and Looked like their regular selves.  Offense?  Not so much.  Penalties galore, penalties, guys taking sacks and not throwing the ball away, ect.  No matter what, we got through with No injuries and without showing too much, knowing that West Brook and Channelview Coaching staffs were there to scout us. 

This is like the 2nd game in the row we've left points on the field. I preached about this last week.  Also, dumb penalties on offense.  You seen that here as well.  If we don't get this together.... Brook is the best opponent that we will have faced thus far.  If our offense don't get their arses in gear, We'll get beat down next week, no exaggerating. 

On the Bright side, There was a first at this game.  I've been going to HS football games for a long time, and I've never seen the Visitor band play and the home stadium's lights flickered   on and off to the beat of the band.  Pretty cool, Baytown

PS.  Probably for @Alpha WolfI didn't see Eaglin play, but I kept seeing the Comeaux kid running the ball.  What's up with Eaglin?

1.  I don't remember a sack except the one where  he ran towards the sideline and lost yardage instead of throwing the ball away.  This is something I've seen them get on him about but it still happens occasionally.  He still brings the one dynamic that was missing last year that will keep the chains moving. 

2.  Just the one I text you about...

3.  At least we got our field goal this time.  I think he has pretty good range.  I would seriously consider letting him take care all of the kicking duty's because none of the punts were good tonight except for the very last one and you were gone by then.

4.  Man I didn't know what the hell was going on at first. :)  Pretty cool though.

5.  Eaglin is fine and was on the field, just not in the backfield but instead the slot.  Comeaux will be the starter next year.  He is currently #4 on the depth chart behind Wilson, Burrell and Eaglin.  No other team in district will be at Sterling's level so you probably won't see him carrying it too much more this season with those 3 seniors in front of him. 

14 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I can respect this post and agree with it.  I wish I would have known you were going to be sitting on our side, I could have introduced myself...

I really believe I’m gonna go Thursday , I believe, could be a great game. I’ll sit on United side and cheer for the upset though I’m impressed with WB team and Peevey. Quality coach. I’m usually wearing longhorn hat with Aggie shirt or vice versa. UT graduate but my youngest is a freshman at Aggieland in honors engineering and Steve McKinney Former all American at AM and all pro at colts with Peyton Manning was coached by me at Clear Lake . Let me know where you sit and clothes.👍✝️

2 hours ago, jag86 said:

They were super RUSTY, Coach as you know an offense need quality REPS in a practice setting. They had  roughly 6 hours of practice in a 12 day period. Their entire bye week was a wash and i mean that literally!!!! Monday a 3 hrs practice at the butch with no sleds for  the O lineman to get quality work. Offense is timing and rhythm and 6 hours total which really means about 2.5 hours of offense and that's including individuals. I know the WR practice stalk blocking but without practice this is what you get from 15-18 year old kids. At no level is a Thursday game pretty: NFL, College, and High School football is not made for Thursday because everything is condensed, which is call a short week. Defense is more reacting than timing and all the players need to do is get their game speed up to par. United did that after the first two drives. The kids will be challenged mentally for the next couple of weeks because of the school situation but believe me they have the right COACHES who can make it happen. my biggest concern is transportation for practice. Like today, they have a 1:00  practice and that's going to be difficult for 100 percent participation because some kids parents work!!! That's just my opinion. This is a very talented team and the sky is the limit, they need our support to the fullest. We have a few kids who got flooded so just imagine whats on their mind, this team is Destine for success just bc of what they have been through. Just let it sink in DEATH and STORM!!!! This is a playoff team and as we all know anything can happen in the playoffs but we will never know if we don't get there!!!

1.  What a difference a year can make with pretty much the same coaching staff...

2.  I totally agree.  Some of these kids only get to practice daily because they catch the bus in the mornings for school.  BISD has to come up with something real soon to give these boys some since of being back on a normal routine.  Plus too much bad stuff can happen with 15-18 year olds when left at home all alone, for long periods of time.

3.  The reason why they will get into the playoffs...

1 hour ago, jag86 said:

I am limited to what I can say at this point but this option was one of the first ones brought up and was shot down once again by the Powers that be.  They don't even want to mess with the early college like they did for Central and Harvey.  I did here one option that I liked.  All I can say is think back to the days when Central and West Brook had separate 9th grade campuses.  Not saying that's what is going to happen, just saying I liked this particular option.  I was hoping that Dr. Allen would have a parent meeting set up for some time next week but we will see.   

25 minutes ago, coach bear said:

I really believe I’m gonna go Thursday , I believe, could be a great game. I’ll sit on United side and cheer for the upset though I’m impressed with WB team and Peevey. Quality coach. I’m usually wearing longhorn hat with Aggie shirt or vice versa. UT graduate but my youngest is a freshman at Aggieland in honors engineering and Steve McKinney Former all American at AM and all pro at colts with Peyton Manning was coached by me at Clear Lake . Let me know where you sit and clothes.👍✝️

The game has been moved back to Friday.  Whenever we are home, as we will be in this one, I'm always sitting on the first 2 rows of the upper deck reserved section.  I'll check with you later in the week to see if you are coming.  We are also supposed to be tailgating...

1 hour ago, Alpha Wolf said:

1.  I don't remember a sack except the one where  he ran towards the sideline and lost yardage instead of throwing the ball away.  This is something I've seen them get on him about but it still happens occasionally.  He still brings the one dynamic that was missing last year that will keep the chains moving. 

2.  Just the one I text you about...

3.  At least we got our field goal this time.  I think he has pretty good range.  I would seriously consider letting him take care all of the kicking duty's because none of the punts were good tonight except for the very last one and you were gone by then.

4.  Man I didn't know what the hell was going on at first. :)  Pretty cool though.

5.  Eaglin is fine and was on the field, just not in the backfield but instead the slot.  Comeaux will be the starter next year.  He is currently #4 on the depth chart behind Wilson, Burrell and Eaglin.  No other team in district will be at Sterling's level so you probably won't see him carrying it too much more this season with those 3 seniors in front of him. 

1. Yes, that's the one I was talking about.  He lost lots of yards and we could've very well got back to the line of scrimmage.  We can't  do that next week.

2.😑😑

3.true.  too bad that kid is a senior.  That kid is really good.

4. I've never seen that before and it was almost as cool as the Vidor fireworks show.

5.Ok, Cooo.  I was wondering who the stocky WR was.  So it was Eaglin. Ok.  I heard we ran like 7 RB's vs. Sterling.   I like the RB by committee  mentality.