Beaumont United 17 Baytown Sterling 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

14 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

Was told that the officiating was very one-sided and poor by my cousin who was at the game. But they did say the offense did take a step back this week. I know the team has faced some adversity with the storm and all but I feel this is a game they still should have won soundly

Lots of holding penalties on United, not sure it was "one sided" though.

8 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Lots of holding penalties on United, not sure it was "one sided" though.

I agree, I was at the game through three and a half quarters and agree. Most were point of attack holds by receivers locking on to rangers defensive backs ( United receivers were manhandling the ranger defense back, just need to learn to let go)and when the rangers tried to separate you could see jerseys being tugged and pulled. That is an easy call cause it is so obvious and most of the time two flags were thrown because two refs saw it. United needs to clean that up because that is the difference in a close game and can be the difference in making the state playoffs . I sat on the United side and heard several fans get upset but the crew did a good job calling. I was impressed with the size and speed of United. I thought they looked like a team that was displaced for a week and have gone through quit bit of trauma. I thought the coaching staff prepared the team as well as can be expected. I wish the defense played a little more physical. One bad series cost them a shutout, in fact on the quarterback for Sterling big run, the edge responsibility,either Sam linebacker or end bit on the dive fake which allowed the qb to run free. Assignment has to be carried out by everyone to have a great defense. But I’m being picky in pointing that out. Defense line looks good and potentially great. Mike lb is rangy and fills well. Secondary did fine in basic cover 2, was hoping to see some stem looks from 2 to man or 3. Offensively timing was off because of previous week. I thought QB missed a couple of obvious throws, just st holding it too long, again game time speed threw United off. They will improve by next week I’m sure. A criticism though for running backs and quarterback in running, too much east and west running instead of sticking it and running north and south. This team will definitely contend for 3-4 in district with King, Laporte and channelview. And who knows in their rival game with Brook ( too bad it’s next week cause an experienced team like Brook isn’t affected by extraneous variables like inexperienced teams) where records are often thrown out due to emotions. First time seeing United play and very pleased with progress in only year 2. Sorry friends r long reply, just the coach in me. Then Sterling, just don’t see much potential there, not picking on them but I see them going winless in district. Good luck to both teams on the rest of the season.

This game was pretty interesting. I don't know if this was a combination of a trap game or the limited practice due to the floods last week, but..

We played about as how I expected.  We were rusty on both sides of the ball.  Matter of fact,the defense looked lackluster on Sterling's scoring drive. Shortly after that, whatever funk the Defense was in, they came alive and Looked like their regular selves.  Offense?  Not so much.  Penalties galore, penalties, guys taking sacks and not throwing the ball away, ect.  No matter what, we got through with No injuries and without showing too much, knowing that West Brook and Channelview Coaching staffs were there to scout us. 

This is like the 2nd game in the row we've left points on the field. I preached about this last week.  Also, dumb penalties on offense.  You seen that here as well.  If we don't get this together.... Brook is the best opponent that we will have faced thus far.  If our offense don't get their arses in gear, We'll get beat down next week, no exaggerating. 

On the Bright side, There was a first at this game.  I've been going to HS football games for a long time, and I've never seen the Visitor band play and the home stadium's lights flickered   on and off to the beat of the band.  Pretty cool, Baytown. 

PS.  Probably for @Alpha Wolf .  I didn't see Eaglin play, but I kept seeing the Comeaux kid running the ball.  What's up with Eaglin?

1 hour ago, coach bear said:

I agree, I was at the game through three and a half quarters and agree. Most were point of attack holds by receivers locking on to rangers defensive backs ( United receivers were manhandling the ranger defense back, just need to learn to let go)and when the rangers tried to separate you could see jerseys being tugged and pulled. That is an easy call cause it is so obvious and most of the time two flags were thrown because two refs saw it. United needs to clean that up because that is the difference in a close game and can be the difference in making the state playoffs . I sat on the United side and heard several fans get upset but the crew did a good job calling. I was impressed with the size and speed of United. I thought they looked like a team that was displaced for a week and have gone through quit bit of trauma. I thought the coaching staff prepared the team as well as can be expected. I wish the defense played a little more physical. One bad series cost them a shutout, in fact on the quarterback for Sterling big run, the edge responsibility,either Sam linebacker or end bit on the dive fake which allowed the qb to run free. Assignment has to be carried out by everyone to have a great defense. But I’m being picky in pointing that out. Defense line looks good and potentially great. Mike lb is rangy and fills well. Secondary did fine in basic cover 2, was hoping to see some stem looks from 2 to man or 3. Offensively timing was off because of previous week. I thought QB missed a couple of obvious throws, just st holding it too long, again game time speed threw United off. They will improve by next week I’m sure. A criticism though for running backs and quarterback in running, too much east and west running instead of sticking it and running north and south. This team will definitely contend for 3-4 in district with King, Laporte and channelview. And who knows in their rival game with Brook ( too bad it’s next week cause an experienced team like Brook isn’t affected by extraneous variables like inexperienced teams) where records are often thrown out due to emotions. First time seeing United play and very pleased with progress in only year 2. Sorry friends r long reply, just the coach in me. Then Sterling, just don’t see much potential there, not picking on them but I see them going winless in district. Good luck to both teams on the rest of the season.

They were super RUSTY, Coach as you know an offense need quality REPS in a practice setting. They had  roughly 6 hours of practice in a 12 day period. Their entire bye week was a wash and i mean that literally!!!! Monday a 3 hrs practice at the butch with no sleds for  the O lineman to get quality work. Offense is timing and rhythm and 6 hours total which really means about 2.5 hours of offense and that's including individuals. I know the WR practice stalk blocking but without practice this is what you get from 15-18 year old kids. At no level is a Thursday game pretty: NFL, College, and High School football is not made for Thursday because everything is condensed, which is call a short week. Defense is more reacting than timing and all the players need to do is get their game speed up to par. United did that after the first two drives. The kids will be challenged mentally for the next couple of weeks because of the school situation but believe me they have the right COACHES who can make it happen. my biggest concern is transportation for practice. Like today, they have a 1:00  practice and that's going to be difficult for 100 percent participation because some kids parents work!!! That's just my opinion. This is a very talented team and the sky is the limit, they need our support to the fullest. We have a few kids who got flooded so just imagine whats on their mind, this team is Destine for success just bc of what they have been through. Just let it sink in DEATH and STORM!!!! This is a playoff team and as we all know anything can happen in the playoffs but we will never know if we don't get there!!!

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This game was pretty interesting. I don't know if this was a combination of a trap game or the limited practice due to the floods last week, but..

We played about as how I expected.  We were rusty on both sides of the ball.  Matter of fact,the defense looked lackluster on Sterling's scoring drive. Shortly after that, whatever funk the Defense was in, they came alive and Looked like their regular selves.  Offense?  Not so much.  Penalties galore, penalties, guys taking sacks and not throwing the ball away, ect.  No matter what, we got through with No injuries and without showing too much, knowing that West Brook and Channelview Coaching staffs were there to scout us. 

This is like the 2nd game in the row we've left points on the field. I preached about this last week.  Also, dumb penalties on offense.  You seen that here as well.  If we don't get this together.... Brook is the best opponent that we will have faced thus far.  If our offense don't get their arses in gear, We'll get beat down next week, no exaggerating. 

On the Bright side, There was a first at this game.  I've been going to HS football games for a long time, and I've never seen the Visitor band play and the home stadium's lights flickered   on and off to the beat of the band.  Pretty cool, Baytown. 

PS.  Probably for @Alpha Wolf .  I didn't see Eaglin play, but I kept seeing the Comeaux kid running the ball.  What's up with Eaglin?

Yeah Alvin’s new stadium does that also, adds to the environment. I’m excited for United, happy for them. Big fan and friend of play caller Coach Bevil. I think the program has BIG potential, would love to help there one day. Just gotta get better each week and hope no more disruption, flood, hurricane etc.

11 minutes ago, jag86 said:

They were super RUSTY, Coach as you know an offense need quality REPS in a practice setting. They had  roughly 6 hours of practice in a 12 day period. Their entire bye week was a wash and i mean that literally!!!! Monday a 3 hrs practice at the butch with no sleds for  the O lineman to get quality work. Offense is timing and rhythm and 6 hours total which really means about 2.5 hours of offense and that's including individuals. I know the WR practice stalk blocking but without practice this is what you get from 15-18 year old kids. At no level is a Thursday game pretty: NFL, College, and High School football is not made for Thursday because everything is condensed, which is call a short week. Defense is more reacting than timing and all the players need to do is get their game speed up to par. United did that after the first two drives. The kids will be challenged mentally for the next couple of weeks because of the school situation but believe me they have the right COACHES who can make it happen. my biggest concern is transportation for practice. Like today, they have a 1:00  practice and that's going to be difficult for 100 percent participation because some kids parents work!!! That's just my opinion. This is a very talented team and the sky is the limit, they need our support to the fullest. We have a few kids who got flooded so just imagine whats on their mind, this team is Destine for success just bc of what they have been through. Just let it sink in DEATH and STORM!!!! This is a playoff team and as we all know anything can happen in the playoffs but we will never know if we don't get there!!!

100% agree with everything you said. I see potential here, will have hiccups but it is on the right path. I can’t tell you how much gas I used picking up players to practice. United coaches need to load up their cars and get them to practice. Treat it as your only chance for glory. My favorite quote , “live for the moments to do for”, United gets that moment next week. Best of luck👍✝️🐻