Kirbyville @ Anahuac Predictions

25 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Fred Ford, the best RB to come through Kirbyville, gets his first win of the year as an assistant coach at Anahuac against his old high school...

I know you have a personal bias but to say he was the best when Bubba Bean and Butch Hadnot came thru there is a bold statement.

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I know you have a personal bias but to say he was the best when Bubba Bean and Butch Hadnot came thru there is a bold statement.

3 hours ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

Let’s don’t forget Dexter “ the hammer” Thomas

Boy I forgot about them, I remember watching Dexter Thomas and Butch Hadnot when I was a kid.  I remember the name Bubba Bean but that's it.  I guess I should have said one of the best or the best since 2000...

But Ford did help his team get to state twice even though they didn't win it and I think he has most of the rushing records when it comes to Kirbyville.  I don't remember how good the Kirbyville teams were under the others...

19 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Boy I forgot about them, I remember watching Dexter Thomas and Butch Hadnot when I was a kid.  I remember the name Bubba Bean but that's it.  I guess I should have said one of the best or the best since 2000...

But Ford did help his team get to state twice even though they didn't win it and I think he has most of the rushing records when it comes to Kirbyville.  I don't remember how good the Kirbyville teams were under the others...

I can definitely go along with saying Fred was one of the best.

I admit I have a little bias when it comes to Bubba as he was a star player at Texas A&M.

2 hours ago, Go-rilla said:

That is a really strong statement about Hadnot. Texas has had a few really good ones. Kirbyville has scored 15 points through 3 games. Better scored a few more if you want to get a rode win. 

My point was that Hadnot, ‘if’ things had gone differently, would be a name readily remembered by Texas fans. Chris Gilbert was probably the first RB at Texas that got my attention.