BU peeps can we chat?

pakronos

so my other thread was locked. it got off topic slightly, but i feel was a legit topic. Lets FORGET about the sports,band, etc... lets talk about the getting these kids in school for education reasons. yyes i would love to have them in PA for stupid reasons, but has anyone thought of the possibility of kids attending WB??? moving to silsbee. dare i say WOS or PA. FORGET ABOUT THE SPORTS SIDE OF IT. if i'm a parent. i don't care if my  kid is a regular student/band nerd/jock...i want my kid in class learning. learning in a clean environment with the best of the best tools and materials. your thoughts. oh and like i said, these kids wasn't gonna be in school  this week like some was predicting. yall gonna start listening to ol pakronos lol

7 minutes ago, pakronos said:

so my other thread was locked. it got off topic slightly, but i feel was a legit topic. Lets FORGET about the sports,band, etc... lets talk about the getting these kids in school for education reasons. yyes i would love to have them in PA for stupid reasons, but has anyone thought of the possibility of kids attending WB??? moving to silsbee. dare i say WOS or PA. FORGET ABOUT THE SPORTS SIDE OF IT. if i'm a parent. i don't care if my  kid is a regular student/band nerd/jock...i want my kid in class learning. learning in a clean environment with the best of the best tools and materials. your thoughts. oh and like i said, these kids wasn't gonna be in school  this week like some was predicting. yall gonna start listening to ol pakronos lol

Maybe you didn't see Alpha Wolf's updates. 

@BMTSoulja1 why is he hell-bent on the BU kids transferring? Maybe wants the demise of BU perhaps??  Thoughts? 🤔 

26 minutes ago, pakronos said:

So, a couple of pieces of advice and commentary to Mr./Ms. Pakronos:

1. When speaking of the importance of education in our children's schools, it may be important to try to check your post (before posting) for grammar, punctuation, capitalization and all around readability. I think it would a little more credence to your post.

2. Since your other thread was locked, there's a good chance your audience, the reader, never got the chance to view your previous words of wisdom and the initial basis for your post in the first place. Perhaps a little background first would help to capture your audience's attention before they give up trying to understand and are left wondering what day it is...

3. What do you mean, " Lets FORGET about the sports...". Sports, namely football, is more important than anything else a student can learn in any classroom! Silly person, you have a lot to learn...

P. S. I was thinking of transferring my kids from Kelly to BU. Thoughts???

Here's  my take on it, and mind you, I have 2 kids at this school now and AlphaWolf does as well.  

I understand your question, Kronos.  I'm also sure that you're not suggesting that the United kids attend classes in PA.  But there are things in place for these kids to attend classes.  We as parents have fail safes in place.  At least I do.  But I'm convinced that the new regime (new Superintendent  who was the driving force as an assistant the last couple of years and the New principal) are doing all they can to get everything going.  The situation was out of everyone's control so you cant really blame the district at all.  2 schools took in water and the rest didn't and the rest of our kids will start classes tomorrow.  United (then Ozen) took in water and was restored after Harvey.  Now, workers have been working around the clock to get kids back to class.  There are buildings around the district that can take in the population of United if the worse case scenario happens.   

Like I alluded  earlier,  every parent is responsible for their child/children and should have a fail safe  ready.  I just don't hope it comes to that.  Matter of fact, i won't talk it into existence.   It won't come to that.  2,300 kids is a lot of kids and I'm sure that BISD are trying to get those kids back in the classroom and not just ___ing around.

42 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

So, a couple of pieces of advice and commentary to Mr./Ms. Pakronos:

1. When speaking of the importance of education in our children's schools, it may be important to try to check your post (before posting) for grammar, punctuation, capitalization and all around readability. I think it would a little more credence to your post.

2. Since your other thread was locked, there's a good chance your audience, the reader, never got the chance to view your previous words of wisdom and the initial basis for your post in the first place. Perhaps a little background first would help to capture your audience's attention before they give up trying to understand and are left wondering what day it is...

3. What do you mean, " Lets FORGET about the sports...". Sports, namely football, is more important than anything else a student can learn in any classroom! Silly person, you have a lot to learn...

P. S. I was thinking of transferring my kids from Kelly to BU. Thoughts???

first off its a message board lame duck. #2. the thread was nearly 3 pages...again have a seat. #3. you are Lamont Sanford aka Big Dummy if you put sports before academics. P.S. YOU are an idiot if you did.

11 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Here's  my take on it, and mind you, I have 2 kids at this school now and AlphaWolf does as well.  

I understand your question, Kronos.  I'm also sure that you're not suggesting that the United kids attend classes in PA.  But there are things in place for these kids to attend classes.  We as parents have fail safes in place.  At least I do.  But I'm convinced that the new regime (new Superintendent  who was the driving force as an assistant the last couple of years and the New principal) are doing all they can to get everything going.  The situation was out of everyone's control so you cant really blame the district at all.  2 schools took in water and the rest didn't and the rest of our kids will start classes tomorrow.  United (then Ozen) took in water and was restored after Harvey.  Now, workers have been working around the clock to get kids back to class.  There are buildings around the district that can take in the population of United if the worse case scenario happens.   

Like I alluded  earlier,  every parent is responsible for their child/children and should have a fail safe  ready.  I just don't hope it comes to that.  Matter of fact, i won't talk it into existence.   It won't come to that.  2,300 kids is a lot of kids and I'm sure that BISD are trying to get those kids back in the classroom and not just ___ing around.

i'm not suggesting that they attend PA. Yes they would be welcomed, but it was a joke. Im not blaming the district, BUT it is what it is. How long are you willing to keep your kid(s) out of school waiting on if the school going to reopen. FYI i have not seen Alphas update.

34 minutes ago, pakronos said:

first off its a message board lame duck. #2. the thread was nearly 3 pages...again have a seat. #3. you are Lamont Sanford aka Big Dummy if you put sports before academics. P.S. YOU are an idiot if you did.

If you don't mind, what does the bolded part mean? I get #3 (although I don't think you do - I was joking of course), but before you call someone Big Dummy, go back and read your posts...

I hope your kids get to school soon. I don't think they're going to get much in the way of schooling at home.

Several schools suffered as much damage as BU.  HF and Vidor for two.  All of the schools are doing everything they can to get the kids back in class.  Shat happens, and this area has had more than its share lately.   But the next flood could be at PAM, Ned or PNG.   Despite what some people think, we don’t control the weather.  Jmo

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

i'm not suggesting that they attend PA. Yes they would be welcomed, but it was a joke. Im not blaming the district, BUT it is what it is. How long are you willing to keep your kid(s) out of school waiting on if the school going to reopen. FYI i have not seen Alphas update.

And PAISD has great education and I considered sending the kids there when they were in MS since at the time, my Wife worked there...

3 hours ago, pakronos said:

I was about to type out a long response but I'm going to leave this thread alone...

9 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

There have been crews working non stopped  since last week working on this..

I think people really need to commend Beaumont ISD, HF, and Vidor for getting right on it and yes it is tragic that this is happening to places that were just hit two years ago.

To put things into perspectives about just how fast things are moving for y'all, my island was destroyed by Typhoon Yutu about 11 months ago, we lost school for over a month that we made up in June. Even to this day, we have 1,000 middle school students who are going to school in a makeshift location in military tents because their school is completely destroyed. 2 other elementary and 2 other middle schools are going half day because parts of the schools were destroyed or damaged. Work has not even started on trying to fix any schools. Another elementary and middle school are combined and going half day because 1 week before school started their elementary school's electrical wires burned out and it will be January before it can be fixed. Out of 14 public schools here on island, 7 schools are still affected after a year. Part of ours is different because the storm (and other things) ruined our economy (government can't fund the schools) and we can't even meet the 10% FEMA match to start rebuilding, but the point I'm trying to say it is very impressive how quickly all the school districts are working to fix things to help the students get back on track.