Liberty Splendora

FactCheck

16 minutes ago, FactCheck said:

Splendora has beat them twice in the past 10 years. Last year by 3 and in 2009 by 1. During that same time Liberty won one game 48-0 and won another game by 21 and another by 14. If it’s a blowout, history says it’s Liberty. 

Splendora is growing quickly. They have a lot more talent than previous years. I would not go off of historical stats for this game. I see Splendora winning this game by at least 2 TDs.

Cleveland is growing quickly too, how is that working out for them?

"Growing quickly" does not mean "they have a lot more talent".

I am not saying Splendora wont win, I actually think the could blow Liberty out, I just do not see this one being a close game, no matter the winner. 

4 hours ago, FactCheck said:

I am not saying Splendora wont win, I actually think the could blow Liberty out, I just do not see this one being a close game, no matter the winner. 

I agree. New Caney/Porter area growing and that talent pool to pull from I would think is very different from the talent pool Splendora has to pull from.

Splendora does have a good coaching staff in place though. 

6 hours ago, FactCheck said:

I'm with you, Liberty takes this one if they don't make any big mistakes.

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I agree. New Caney/Porter area growing and that talent pool to pull from I would think is very different from the talent pool Splendora has to pull from.

Splendora does have a good coaching staff in place though. 

I know of their HC (how can you not with all the social media) but who else is on the staff other than the guy from shepherd who is pretty good?

22 hours ago, FactCheck said:

Splendora used to be a doormat, with the growth in their area they have gotten a lot better. To be able to win a district last year, and be able to compete with teams they didn't stand a chance against now speaks volumes of their area and how the growth has benefitted them. Cleveland on the other hand could be more successful, but they have a lot of problems to solve before they get there. 

4 hours ago, Guitar Man said:

Splendora used to be a doormat, with the growth in their area they have gotten a lot better. To be able to win a district last year, and be able to compete with teams they didn't stand a chance against now speaks volumes of their area and how the growth has benefitted them. Cleveland on the other hand could be more successful, but they have a lot of problems to solve before they get there. 

I wouldn't say the growth has benefited Splendora much.  I think the key to their success last year was a good senior class and those big tailbacks they had.  Unless those were move ins, how has the growth benefited them?  If anything it's going to hurt them when re-alignment comes back around.  Possibly bumping back up to 5a would not be good for the Wildcats.  Liberty and Splendora both need this win to get the train on the tracks for the rest of the season.  Should be a good game like last year. Good luck Wildcats!!!