Can United plyers/students transfer?

pakronos

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

They will be back in school in a week, why would they transfer?? 

indefinitely means they really don't know. Until a rep from the school district state otherwise, worse case scenario, the school could be split up. i think they will have it cleaned up, but i really don't think it will be a week. depending how much water got into the school which no of us know, it could take longer. you don't want anyone in there until the HVAC is for sure ready to go, sheet rock been replaced and cleaned,  supplies such as books and computers replaced or to be sure in good working order etc.....i just don't see this being a "quick" turn around. i hope i'm wrong.

2 hours ago, pakronos said:

was wondering if they could transfer to PA?? if so Buddy, do your damn job lol...but seriously, would the UIL allow them to participate in band/football??

I can’t believe you even started this topic.  But then again, “if you can’t beat them (football & basketball), recruit them”...

5 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I can’t believe you even started this topic.  But then again, “if you can’t beat them (football & basketball), recruit them”...

He's really trying to get them to La Marque, seeing as they were down 55-0 at the half last night I see no issue, they would gladly take Hull Daisetta players at this point. 

The way I see it these kids have been through so much the last 6-8 years with the scandals, thefts, flooding, combining schools, and now flooding again. They deserve a break. My prayers to all of the students teachers and faculty of the BISD. I hope and pray it works out fast.

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

They will be back in school in a week, why would they transfer?? 

I rode by there today and there were contract crews working.  My prediction is that they’ll be back in there on the 30th but I’ll make some phone calls Monday to see what I can find out...

13 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Some people need to Google DEFINITELY and INDEFINITELY and realize that they mean two different things...

A school official said Indefinitely...I was just reporting that for the site. I know what the word means, I figured most people on the site would, do you?  

18 hours ago, prepballfan said:

The way I see it these kids have been through so much the last 6-8 years with the scandals, thefts, flooding, combining schools, and now flooding again. They deserve a break. My prayers to all of the students teachers and faculty of the BISD. I hope and pray it works out fast.

There was 'theft' as you put it, way before CBT came to town but that was under a different 'demographic' of leadership white oops, I mean right?  Keep your prayers.  What's needed is better drainage and even more better drainage.....

49 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

There was 'theft' as you put it, way before CBT came to town but that was under a different 'demographic' of leadership white oops, I mean right?  Keep your prayers.  What's needed is better drainage and even more better drainage.....

That’s  weird... I can’t ever remember the state ever having to take over BISD for financial mismanagement before this. I guess I forgot about the other time when the white electrical “accidentally” filed 1.2 million dollars worth of fraudulent invoices. Or way back when the white assistant super went to prison for embezzlement. 

I’m sure it happened though.

I guess we’re just better at not getting caught, huh?

Here’s a scenario. A white kid steals a candy bar from a convenience store and doesn’t get in trouble. A black kid takes a candy bar... except he comes in with thirteen of his friends, pistol whips the clerk on Facebook Live, and runs from the cops in a stolen car... but can’t understand why he got 20 years in prison for stealing a candy bar. 

I guess it’s just systemic oppression and privilege working in the white kid’s favor. 

2 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

CBT? He wasn’t the one who stole from the school? Why did you make that statement? I understand you Dislike people of different color it shows it your rhetoric and often disturbing posts but I made know such statement about CBT or anything to do with him. 

12 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

CBT? He wasn’t the one who stole from the school? Why did you make that statement? I understand you Dislike people of different color it shows it your rhetoric and often disturbing posts but I made know such statement about CBT or anything to do with him. 

The big thing that 85 is saying is true.  There was stealing and corruption  prior to CBT's time.  I was in school at the time and it was swept under the rug.  You'd be surprised at the lack of many things back then.  We were using 20 year old textbooks and having pep rally's in auditoriums  that had water pumped from them after every light rainfall.  There were also band Halls in portable buildings that smelled like urine.   The list goes on and as a student back then, you'd have to see it to believe it.  And I know the district was far from poor.  Just something to think about.

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The big thing that 85 is saying is true.  There was stealing and corruption  prior to CBT's time.  I was in school at the time and it was swept under the rug.  You'd be surprised at the lack of many things back then.  We were using 20 year old textbooks and having pop rally's in auditoriums  that had water pumped from them after every light rainfall.  There were also bamd Hall's in portable buildings that smelled like urine.   The lost goes on and as a student back then, you'd have to see it to believe it.  And I know the district was far from poor.  Just something to think about.

I can 100% understand that. I make a positive post towards what the kiddos of BISD have been through and it turns into something I had zero thought of other than that of the kids and folks affected by the weather and issues in BISD over the last several years. He tells me to keep my prayers. I now  understand he speaks for all the kids and employees of BISD in rejected a prayer of hope for all of them. My bad I should have asked the spokesman of BISD for permission to say a prayer for them. 

9 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

I can 100% understand that. I make a positive post towards what the kiddos of BISD have been through and it turns into something I had zero thought of other than that of the kids and folks affected by the weather and issues in BISD over the last several years. He tells me to keep my prayers. I now  understand he speaks for all the kids and employees of BISD in rejected a prayer of hope for all of them. My bad I should have asked the spokesman of BISD for permission to say a prayer for them. 

The 'theft' part just rubs  many the wrong way, especially since most that mention theft mention CBT and he was brought on trial and everything and he was proven not guilty and was NEVER put in jail.  

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The 'theft' part just rubs  many the wrong way, especially since most that mention theft mention CBT and he was brought on trial and everything and he was proven not guilty and was NEVER put in jail.  

I do not disagree at all. It’s pretty simple it played  out in the media who went to prison and who did not. It’s about the kids of the district. They have been through so much they have this almost magical start to the season and now this crap with flooding, distractions, worry about were they will sleep, and so on the theft happened it was real the thieves were caught and are in prison. I don’t blame CBT. 

5 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

I do not disagree at all. It’s pretty simple it played  out in the media who went to prison and who did not. It’s about the kids of the district. They have been through so much they have this almost magical start to the season and now this crap with flooding, distractions, worry about were they will sleep, and so on the theft happened it was real the thieves were caught and are in prison. I don’t blame CBT. 

True..  

I have no idea of the kids that have had significant damage to their homes as I don't  personally know any kids on the team.  But i think all of the kids have been reached and I'm glad that  they'll  be out next week practicing  amd getting ready for a game.  I'm also glad that the district is helping as much as they can and hastily getting the school in order to resume classes asap...